Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you pick the item up, it's 5 dollars for shipping. It's a 20 minute drive for me, and I haven't done the math, but I prefer picking it up. Cuz 10 bucks to ship an 8x10 is insan it cant cost more than 1.25

If you pick the item up, it's 5 dollars for shipping. It's a 20 minute drive for me, and I haven't done the math, but I prefer picking it up. Cuz 10 bucks to ship an 8x10 is insan it cant cost more than 1.25
If you pick it up it costs $5 for shipping?

what a crock, how can they even look you in the face and charge shipping when you pick it up in person?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I agree John, I got there at 8 and found out Fielder cancelled. So that's 3 times now he's no showed that I can think of. With Cameron, I was dissapointed because he seems like a really good guy.

They said theyd send something. I'm guessing one of those stupid 5x7 cards. I took a chance at writing my name and underneath writing (ball please, w/ 3xGG please), hoping that works for me. As soon as they announced Cameron wasn't gonna make it, I didn't wanna bother getting anyone else, too much let down already.

Well I got my autographed Cameron 5x7 card in the mail today. I guess it's good that they followed through but even this is a letdown. That's what bugs me the most, I was a huge Cameron fan and this one incident knocks him way down for me.

I had emailed the Brewers to say that the employees there did a good job under trying circumstances and got a nice reply from the person that runs the block parties. He sounded pretty exasperated by the whole situation.

Oh well.

ya, I got mine today too...I plan on writing an email as well, but it's not gonna be much of a thank you as it will be "i wasted my time"

if his wife was going into labor or something, that'd be one thing...i don't think they ever gave a reasoning, still irked by it all.

If you enjoy getting free autographs at these events people should stop complaining about them!

I know it sucks that Fielder skips out and Cameron didnt show up. Keep emailing in your complaints and calling in your complaints and they will just stop doing them altogether because it wont be worth the problems. Think about it. The same thing will probably happen with autograph friday's.

Well said Brewcrews! We need to not ruffle the Brewers feathers. They give us a fair amount of opportunities for autographs, more than any other team I am aware of. While we don't always get what we want, the alternative could be having no opportunities! The Brewers actually deserve a lot of credit for sending these cards out. Think of the time it took. Granted, it is good for PR, but they just could have blown the whole thing off if they wanted to.

Believe me I appreciate the block parties, on deck, auto Fridays, etc., and I appreciate that sending the Cameron cards was a nice gesture they didn't have to do. I, for one, sent a respectful email complimenting the block party staff on how they handled the Cameron situation. I doubt very many people bother to even complain.

Well said Brewcrews! We need to not ruffle the Brewers feathers. They give us a fair amount of opportunities for autographs, more than any other team I am aware of. While we don't always get what we want, the alternative could be having no opportunities! The Brewers actually deserve a lot of credit for sending these cards out. Think of the time it took. Granted, it is good for PR, but they just could have blown the whole thing off if they wanted to.
That has nothing to do with the organization, that is all Mike Cameron.

I was bummed out Fielder wasn't gonna show, but to wait in line all morning to find out someone cancels 5 minutes before the signing starts sucks. Clearly it wasn't a split second decision that he didn't show. Had there been an emergency that they pointed out, I wouldn't have been upset about it. I appreciate they sent out the 5x7, but if that's the only chance I get to have Cameron on a ball, I'd want him on a ball. That's my gripe on it.

Cameron might be the greatest signer and nicest person in the world. I have no idea. One can also make the claim they spent 25 dollars on a ball for no reason. I personally didn't, but I know an older couple behind me did.

Chances are I probably won't send them anything, they could have rescheduled the signing for the 150 in line for a later date. That may have been the best possible solution, just an idea. Whatever, I'm over it, but if someone has an extra Cameron GG inscribed ball, lemme know.

Cameron might be the greatest signer and nicest person in the world. I have no idea.

one could certaintly argue that...if you wait outside after a game he will sign for you...i can't say that I've done the lot post game a lot this year, but I would say I've done it at least 5 or 6 times, and every time Cameron signs, you just have to wait for him.

Odd question, but for signings like the Molitor ones in Appleton/Madison in the coming weeks, they should have pens there for him to sign with, right (not just sharpies)? Or should I bring a blue pen just in case?

I have been to a lot of the Madison signings -- they do a very good job keeping a variety of pens on supply, and generally they won't do crazy things like sign your baseball card with a paint pen, etc...

That said, if you have a team photo, or something you want/need signed with a particular style of pen -- make sure you bring one.

Also, make sure if you bring a new pen you "break it in", that is, scribble something on a piece of paper beforehand. -- sometimes, especially thin sharpies, can look sort of funky the first time they are used.

Actually- the parking lot is 'open' all the time. 'Open' just means that there is someone manning the road to collect your $3 parking fee. I plan on getting there at around 4:30. I am also a season ticket holder and will be able to participate in a meet and greet during the game in the Leine Lodge. We'll be able to to interact with Mr. Molitor and will also be able to have 2 items autographed by Paul.

Actually- the parking lot is 'open' all the time. 'Open' just means that there is someone manning the road to collect your $3 parking fee. I plan on getting there at around 4:30. I am also a season ticket holder and will be able to participate in a meet and greet during the game in the Leine Lodge. We'll be able to to interact with Mr. Molitor and will also be able to have 2 items autographed by Paul.
Doesn't that cost $100 per person though?

I got the invite as well, but that is too rich for me...

one could certaintly argue that...if you wait outside after a game he will sign for you...i can't say that I've done the lot post game a lot this year, but I would say I've done it at least 5 or 6 times, and every time Cameron signs, you just have to wait for him.
How long are you saying you have to wait? I've only been to the lot post-game around 4 or 5 times since the 2008 season started, but a couple times I've waited till 1.5-2 hours after and haven't gotten him (can't specifically remember if I saw him come out those times or not).

Doesn't that cost $100 per person though?

I got the invite as well, but that is too rich for me...

It was $100 per person, but WELL worth it. There were about 25 of us in there. Paul was super-cool, couldn't have been nicer. He took the time to chat with everyone and sign whatever you had. Very outgoing and enthusiastic when talking about his baseball memories and experiences.

It was $100 per person, but WELL worth it. There were about 25 of us in there. Paul was super-cool, couldn't have been nicer. He took the time to chat with everyone and sign whatever you had. Very outgoing and enthusiastic when talking about his baseball memories and experiences.

he better be cool for that kind of cash...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived