Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425

Brewers last 7 games

Hardy 7-30, Fielder 6-26, Estrada 4-24, Hart 2-11, Gwynn 4-14, Hall 4-21, Weeks 2-14, Graffy 1-19, Mench 1-13, Jenkins 1-13, Counsell 3-14, Gross 3-9. That's not getting it done.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop ups! This team makes defense so easy for the other team. What happened to hitting the screen mentality of spring training? HR fever! The little things kill you more so when you're hitting poorly with Prince not getting down for the second time in a week on an easy ground ball and later on firing a ball into LF on an easy pickoff. Hitting covers up poor fundamentals but also the lack of it exposes it. One of the two need to get better.

This team needs to start hitting with runners in scoring position. It may just be my opinion, but when we have 2 pitchers and a part time player in the top 5 we are in trouble.

Bush .500

Gwynn .429

Hardy .350

Capuano .333

Fielder .333

RISP

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

i need to vent not at the brewers, but at some of the fans at the game on saturday. first of all i have no problem with college kids at all, i used to be one not too long ago. what irritates me are the meathead college kids in section 209 who insisted on switching seats and basically being a nuisance to anyone around them the entire game. do you really need to talk on the phone the entire game. sit down and grow up and watch the game!!

also tough guys. the twins basically kicked our butts all over the field that night. if their fans that paid good money to be there, want to stand up in the ninth inning to cheer for their team, they desrve it, let them, without talking smack and flipping them off and trying to get in a fight and basically being @!%hole losers. grow up. i was very disappointed with many brewer fans that night. i drank probably just as much as you losers did that night, but i don't have to act like a tough guy dink about it, why do you?

Graffy

Counsell

Pitcher

Gwynn

All in a row.

You feel the same way about Gwynn as I feel about Gross, although having Gross lead off on Friday was about the worst thing I have ever seen Ned do. Meanwhile, having Gwynn lead off is not so bad.

Yeah, because GG only has a career .380 OBP vs right handed pitching. Terrible for a leadoff guy.

And GG also actually has a shot at getting an extra base hit.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Well two things tonight....

1. End this 3b garbage that keeps running out on to the field. Give Braun a shot.

2. Bill Hall is NOT a clean up hitter. 20 games in, fine you still give him a chance. 40 games in time to move on and try someone else.

Bunt so that Sheets can try to drive him in? That seems like an odd choice. The odds of grounding into a double play are still pretty small, certainly no greater than the odds of Graffy getting a hit or walk.

Well i simply don't agree with that, I'm not giving up an out and taking out my best starter who is pitching well in the 6th just to avoid graffanino maybe hitting into a double play. You let graffy hit and if he does somethign with the bat then it makes some sense to pinch hit for Sheets because you have 2 on.

If you were going to make a move in there, you should have pitch hit for Graffy. I'd take a Gwynn, Jenks, or Gross against a lefty than Graffy against a little leaguer. You can then switch Counsell into the spot later and hope there isn't a lefty up the next time he comes in.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Tony Graffanino, Craig Counsell and Tony Gwynn Jr. starting the same game makes trwi7 a sad panda.

Watching Braun sit in the minors while the two goons we have continue to suck also makes trwi7 a sad panda.

Seriously, why are we even bothering to have Hart and Gross on the major league roster? Maybe when we call up Braun, he can rot on the bench too. Counsell, Graffanino, Gwynn, and Mench can continue to play every game, and then all the pieces will be in place for a completely craptastic offensive linuep.

Archived