Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
bases loaded no out, grounder to 1st, Double play right? No. throw home late? Fielder cant field

Not only that but if he thinks he can't turn the double play he can just run into the base runner and it's interference and everybody has to go back to the base they occupied. Bad play by Prince.

That entire eighth was atrocious, but it all happened because Yost started out with Shouse.

I could not believe it when I saw Shouse in there against righties. In the JS it said that he was looking at Rowand's lefty-righty splits, but he looked at splits from THIS YEAR. A whopping total of like 110 ABs.

He also said that if they were up three instead of four that Turnbow would have started the inning. I cannot believe that reasoning. It actually made me very angry.

Verified Member

Oh geez, lol!!! Prince had one play only, and that was FIRST BASE! Had he taken the out the Brewers would still be down a run. There was no way a double-play would have been turned on the ground ball that was hit to him. The bullpen did not get the job done tonight. It's sad but true. Now I want to see all the Turnbow haters come out. Come on, where are you all? The Phillies did what they had to at HOME. I would hope in a similar situation the Brewers would do the same. (sigh) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

(OH YEAH - THE BUCKS SUCK!)

Not only did Bush finish the inning where he got whacked, but he batted and pitched another inning. Again, I don't think that the injury was the ONLY reason he came out. Look at the circumstances that Wise entered the game in.

I think the ball off the knee was probably a large part of why Bush was pulled. Bush could have been experiencing some tightness/swelling, etc. Sometimes you get hit and you are ok for awhile and then things tend to stiffen.

My problem with Turnbow is not his mental makeup/shortcomings. I really don't think it is a situation of Tbow getting rattled. If Tbow can't locate his breaking pitches, his fastball is going to get hit hard. Tbow's heat is not good enough to throw past batters. He doesn't get any movement on his fastball, and he is not adept at locating it. After he threw that breaking pitch past Estrada, it was meatball city. After that pitch, the hitters were sitting dead-red on Tbow's fastball. Ned should have realized this and got Tbow out of the game, if not for the Brewer's sake, for the the sake of the safety of the fans as there are going to be a lot of hard shots hit.

Quote:
I think the ball off the knee was probably a large part of why Bush was pulled. Bush could have been experiencing some tightness/swelling, etc. Sometimes you get hit and you are ok for awhile and then things tend to stiffen.

Fair enough. I still stand by the fact that we were well on our way to another Bush meltdown, and while the knee may have tightened up, it's not exactly far-fetched to argue that it was not a factor in the impending meltdown.

Maybe Ned pulled him too early, but it looked like he did the right thing, for whatever reason it was that he did it.

Quote:
My problem with Turnbow is not his mental makeup/shortcomings. I really don't think it is a situation of Tbow getting rattled. If Tbow can't locate his breaking pitches, his fastball is going to get hit hard. Tbow's heat is not good enough to throw past batters. He doesn't get any movement on his fastball, and he is not adept at locating it. After he threw that breaking pitch past Estrada, it was meatball city. After that pitch, the hitters were sitting dead-red on Tbow's fastball. Ned should have realized this and got Tbow out of the game, if not for the Brewer's sake, for the the sake of the safety of the fans as there are going to be a lot of hard shots hit.

I couldn't agree more. In the end, it comes down to the fact that it again looks like Ned doesn't know his bullpen well enough to manage them effectively. I'll go back to what I said last night. If Bill Schroeder can figure out that Turnbow doesn't have his "A" stuff, then Turnbow should come out of the game. And if Turnbow can't handle having four days off in a row, then he needs to pitch more regularly than that. But it just doesn't seem that Yost has a feel for such things.

Drives me nuts.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Maybe Ned pulled him too early, but it looked like he did the right thing, for whatever reason it was that he did it.

Fair enough -- I agree that pulling Bush was probably the smart thing to do -- either to avoid the meltdown or stiffness http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think that this year -- the difference is that Yost has a pretty reliable BP, (used correctly). It makes more sense to me to have a quicker hook this year if for no other reason you have a stud like Cordero that is better than any of our starters at 70+ pitches.

Oh geez, lol!!! Prince had one play only, and that was FIRST BASE! Had he taken the out the Brewers would still be down a run. There was no way a double-play would have been turned on the ground ball that was hit to him.

That was a double play ball all the way. Watch the replay and the pitcher over half way to first base and would have been there to take the throw from second. All Prince had to do was turn and fire to second to get things started and out of the innning.

Quote:
My commute took twice as long since Brewer fans were littering the ground after jumping off overpasses.

HA! Well said. I left the house this morning with a hat on, as I didn't want to get hit by any sky.

Quote:
still can"t figure out why shouse

Ned was playing the "Well, Rowand is on fire versus righties this year but only at his norm versus lefties. I'll just bring in the lefty that's struggling against righties and hope that Rowand hits him just a little."

One of the craziest things I have read in a long time was this mailbag article by Adam Mc Calvy:

LINK

I cannot understand how some Brewer fans think. Ok it makes a lot of sense to trade away the team's MVP thus far in the season, to bring Hall back to short, just so we can get Gwynn in the lineup.

I almost fell out of my chair reading that one. Some people still think that the Brewers need to sell high on all their better players and trade them away at the break for 1 major leaguer and a couple of prospects.

I bet Mc Calvy really wanted to blast away in that mail bag piece.

Some people still think that the Brewers need to sell high on all their better players and trade them away at the break for 1 major leaguer and a couple of prospects.

I've got a friend who thinks that way, it's never about who his team has, it's who his team could get.

When do you reach the point where you actually have what you need?

I can't take any more of this Hall in CF, Counsell/Graff at 3B crap. Gwynn in RF??? They're making the least logical sense possible out of their available personnel.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I hate Derrick Turnbow and what sucks is in tomorrows paper Turnbow will just say "The ball didnt go where I wanted it to and I just have to refocus." I wish he would just say "Yeah, I stink."

Archived