Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425
Quote:
doesn't it seem like Bush is the pitcher that Yost always leaves in for too long?

Contrary to mikerollins - I agree as well.

He was pitching great. Which earns some wiggle room for error - but you have to consider the subject.

Bush has a habit of pitching GREAT - and then - BAM - bad. This game was very simliar to his April 22nd start in Houston. Was just lights out for 8 innings - and then couldn't get an out in the 9th.

I don't fault Ned though. Because of the injury to Cappy - both CV and Wise weren't available. I didn't want to see Spurling, Shouse or Dessens pitching the 7th either.

Tough break.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The real reason they lost last night was Baserunning. You have two players thrown out at home. The "double steal" with your clean up hitter at the plate was just dumb, BA said it worked the day before but in reality it didnt, yes they scored but that is just because there was a bad call by the ump. The slash play sending Graffy into motion. Bill Hall getting thrown out at home is the only understandable play last night.

It's unfortunate that Yost is so stupid and didn't notice like the rest of us.

I agree wholeheartedly mikerollins

Each member of BF.net take an inning for the rest of the year. Obviously we would be better for it. We couldn't be much worse.

I don't know if I would go this far -- though it is an interesting idea.

He didnt pitch like he was gassed. He had thrown 78 pitches through 6 2-hit innings.

He was fine in innings 1-6 -- He ended up with 111 pitches, so if your count is correct -- he threw 33 pitches in the 7th inning -- that is a good indication that your pitcher is struggling.

To say he was "gassed" as though it was obvious to everyone is just silly.

He had lost his velocity and his breaking stuff was hanging. Facing the pitcher is what got him out of the inning. He definitely looked spent to me.

Dave Bush now has a 6.02 ERA and there is a reason for it -- when in trouble, Bush has a hard time getting out of it -- especially with his pitch count over 100. He has given up a lot of big innings, and probably something that Ned should keep an eye on a little closer.

I think it is pretty hard to defend leaving in a pitcher with a 6+ ERA in over 100 pitches in the middle of a 30+ pitch inning.

The "double steal" with your clean up hitter at the plate was just dumb,

For what it's worth -- Ned said in the post-game that this was not a "double steal" called from the bench. Ned said something to the effect of "Hardy screwed up by running" -- which may be true.

The part that puzzles me though, is if the play wasn't called. Why is Prince running in that situation? -- does he have the green light? I can't imagine Prince thinks he is going to be in the 30-30 club.

i didn't watch the game..only highlights and this probably shouldn't be in the vent thread, but Prince should never be running..ever..and of course I have nothing to back this up on, but Yost said that wasn't a called play, I'm calling BS. Prince doesn't try to steal bases, they have ran that play a couple times already this year, I think he tried to steal a run and it didn't work out..but instead of maning up, he said it wasn't a called play...just my opinion, but things don't add up.

Fielder had 24 SB in the minors and has 7 in the majors. He's faster than people seem to think. I don't want him running all the time or anything but he's not Frank Thomas on the basepads or anything.

Yost said that wasn't a called play, I'm calling BS.

This was my first reaction -- Prince stopped half-way -- Maybe Prince screwed up a signal or something, or Leyva messed up, but it didn't look like a renegade straight steal attempt.

If Prince can only get about half-way on a straight steal attempt -- He should not run ever.

Verified Member
If not for a couple of Dave Bush pitches in the 7th inning and some baserunning blunders against the Pirates on May 3, we would be one win away from free burgers at George Webb's.

They should fire Ned Yost right now before he costs us 2 or 3 loses on the road because of the bad decisions he is going to make with the players. Obviously our players always do everything right when they are in the games so it is not their fault when the team loses. It is all Ned Yost's fault.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

It's awesome that Kevin Mench is playing over Gabe Gross against another right-handed pitcher. Mench is awesome against RHP. I like it when guys get playing time they don't deserve, just so they stay happy and don't whine.

Verified Member

I don't care what our record is. Ned should be fired RIGHT NOW.

How many walks and hits does it take before Ned Yost finally figures out that Turnbow doesn't have it tonight. Is Ned Yost even watching the game? Is he even awake or did he doze off?

It was obvious Turnbow was fooling NOBODY. But our manager just sat there and did nothing.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Archived