Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took advantage of the bright side of being an unemployed college graduate and went to a Wednesday afternoon Brewers game. Considering that whole unemployed thing, it may not have been the wisest investment.

Me and my buddy did the exact same thing. Bought 13$ tix and sat 18 rows up on the visitors side. Excellent....but, the game was most definatly a bummer. The crew always loses when I go to the game, I am 1-12 lifetime. What a joke.

But I hate Derrick Turnbow, now more than ever. I hated him in March, I hated him in April, and now I REALLY hate him. He sucks. Everything about him sucks. His hair sucks. He sucks out loud.

Same goes for Shouse. Those two sucks in the BP make me ill daily.

The Brewers haven't called me about replacing Shouse as a LOOGY. I can throw 80 sidearmed, come on Brewers call me at home or on my cell. At least a tryout so I can school Shouse.

I'll do the work against Eckstein. I may be left handed but I'll face right handed hitters because I'm kinky like that.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Edit: I'll go Shingo Takatsu on Eckstein. Give him a fastball up and in and drop a 56 MPH changeup on the outside corner the next pitch.

Next time I see Bill Hall out there in clown shoes playing CFer I'm going to scream. Same goes when Weeks brings out his frying pan glove like he did Tuesday night.

Now if T-Bow and Shouse keep blowing things I'm going to have to see if the Brewers will let me throw my 60mph fastball in the 8th also.

Vern what about that??http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Weeks on DL.

Remember that LONG Cubs game when Villanueve came into the game and walked the first batter on like 4 pitches? Ned hopped out of the dugout in a heartbeat. He basically scolded Villanueva and said "You are all we have left in the pen, this game is yours to lose. Now stop messing around"

I wish he would do that to Vargas.

Vargas is looking more and more like Doug Davis. (Of course, I guess that isnt' that bad since he was a throw in to replace Davis) But I can't STAND to watch him pitch. I have to TiVo the game and fast forward his pitching.

Kevin Mench - thanks for the 4 RBIs and a victory tonight.

Now let me complain about you anyways...

Does he EVER (and I mean EVER) swing at the first pitch? He stands in the batters box, and as soon as the ball leaves the pitchers hands he sets the bat on his shoulder and steps out of the box as the pitch is coming to the plate.

It looks like he has decided 100% that he won't swing at the first pitch. So the pitchers just serve up a fastball right down the plate and he is down in the count.

Maybe he doesn't do this everytime, as he doesn't play that often - but I can't remember a time when he didn't.

And I am glad he doubled in 3 runs tonight to win the game. But the bases were loaded and a right handed pitcher was on the mound. I think I would have called in Jenkins - but then I suppose they could have just countered back with a left handed reliever out of the pen.

Mench makes me angry.

I can't believe Melvin thought it was necessary to call up our 5th best AAA pitcher. The results are predictable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'm not mad Capellan blew it.

I'm not mad that they lost.

I'm mad because Billy Hall is my favorite player in the majors (despite his struggles) and that I paid 222 for the priveledge of watching the game in the Gail Club (awesome!) to get a pink bat with his signature (awesome!) AND HE BROUGHT GRAFFANINO IN IN THE 9TH!!!!!! How can you not give Hall a chance on his "big night"?

How'd that conversation go?

Ned: "We need to stop this rally"

Sveum: "But....uhhh....we're at bat....and Billy's been hitting the ball pretty hard lately."

Ned: "Good point. GRAFFY"

Ugh.

In his last 10 games, Hall is hitting .243, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 7K, 2 2B. He must be hitting most all of his balls right at people.

My frustration is that Ned won't let guys get into a rhythm. Let's see, we have a right-hander in there pitching, so let's pull all of our left handers off the bench. Um... wait, they just put in a left-hander... let's do a mass substitution!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just mad I missed the Bill Hall Pink Bat promotion, I thought it was tomorrow

it is on the 3rd, but since those tickets sold so well, they extended it to the 2nd as well.

Why not use Hall Ned

they were saving him for if guys got on base...no good hitting a 2 run hr when you're down 3...i can't believe i'm defending yost

no good hitting a 2 run hr when you're down 3

I guess that's what I don't get. Why is it no good to hit a 2 run HR? Then Hardy's up and can hit a solo, or even better get on base for Prince to hit a 2 run walk-off. I mean, Graffanino really shouldn't pinch hit before Hall.

Archived