Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425

I stood in amazement at the game as Gross wasn't used as a PH for Mench. That was sickening. As far as I'm concerned, I guess you could have pinch hit Gwynn for Mench, let Hart hit, and then PH Gross in the pitcher's spot (as opposed to the double switch that actually happened). A guy like Gross should never be left on the bench, especially with a mediocre RHP on the mound in a one run game.

the team lack of overall focus is what stuns me.

How does one detect this?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My rant of the day: A Gross lovefest seems to automatically entail everyone ripping on Gwynn. The guy is young, hitting decently, plays defense, and can run. I can handle liking Gross but to only talk about him in relation to how much better he is then Gwynn is simply annoying imo.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

People expecting us to do bad in this stretch of games. "Well, we're going up against the Pads, Dodgers, Mets, Twins, so I didn't expect a whole lot here, but we're still 5 up on the division".

Ok, so in the last 17 games, which are against playoff caliber opposition, the Brewers are 4-13.

I'm not at all saying the Brewers are "in trouble" or anything like that. It's my own personal assumption that they're just not playing good right now, but will be in fine position to still win this division come september.

The rant is that I'm hearing people who expect us to lose at a 75% clip vs. playoff teams. What's the point in hoping you make the playoffs if your team loses 3 out of 4 to potential playoff teams?

I have removed my Brewers pictures from my cell phone, also removed, turning up the heat from my ring tone...for a couple reasons I did this.

1. I'm very mad at them right now.

2. I sometimes think by me changing things up, it will change how the Brewers play...I know I have no controll over anything, just something I like to do to make myself feel better..ya know, like wearing the same socks when on a hitting streak.

now that I have done this, they had better start to win.

I know what you mean jason. I've been doing everything I can to break up the slump. Yes I am superstitious.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I've moved things around in my bedroom, I've watched games in the same place when they went on the 9-1 homestand and nothing has worked.

Quote:
2. I sometimes think by me changing things up, it will change how the Brewers play...I know I have no controll over anything, just something I like to do to make myself feel better..ya know, like wearing the same socks when on a hitting streak.

Haha, I've done stuff like that too. I changed my avatar and went way outside of the box. I actually wore a rally cap today which I rarely do. Maybe I should take the Cordero picture off of my phone and see if that helps. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Probably the play where (I don't remember who it was, Jones maybe??) swung really hard and hit a liner to him and he broke back thinking the ball was going to go further than it did because of how hard he swung at it.

Broke back, came in and dove but couldn't catch it.

Oooo, vent thread being used as a discussion forum. Exhibit A tonight was the routine shallow liner that he dove 3 feet away from (again) that even Brady Clark would've gobbled up and Exhibit B was the soaring shot that barely made the warning track that Hall did his Scotty Smalls / decapitated-chicken scramble dance on. Granted, the latter was not an easy play, but 80% of mlb CFs catch that ball.

I HATE BAD DEFENSE and Hall is terrible.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

but 80% of mlb CFs catch that ball.

Maybe 80% of Jim Edmondses catch that ball, but maybe half the league. It was a tough play, but that doesn't excuse the first play he botched.

My main gripe with this game is how absolutely terrible the Braves looked tonight and the Brewers still just barely pulled off the win. We need to start scoring early and often.

I still need to vent the offense, or lack there of. A small baller in the first, a Wild pitch in the 7th, and a irrelevant home run in the 8th. Hardly an offense that's going to win a majority of games played.

Almost June, and Hall is still GOD AWFUL at centerfield.

So you expected that he was going to learn to play his -- what? -- fourth MLB position in a couple of months? It might be slightly unrealistic to expect that he's going to play Gold Glove defense out there anytime soon.

I took advantage of the bright side of being an unemployed college graduate and went to a Wednesday afternoon Brewers game. Considering that whole unemployed thing, it may not have been the wisest investment. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Call me an idiot, knee-jerker, bad fan, ignoramus, whatever. I don't care, I am probably all of those things. But I hate Derrick Turnbow, now more than ever. I hated him in March, I hated him in April, and now I REALLY hate him. He sucks. Everything about him sucks. His hair sucks. He sucks out loud. He sucked most of last year, then he briefly forgot he sucked for a while this april, and now he sucks again, and will continue to suck as long as he is allowed to suck. I can't stand watching him attempt to pitch, even on the rare occasions when he escapes an inning without damage through some divine miracle. It's like pulling teeth.

This blatant and egregious sucking can not go unchecked. Doug, if you can do that magic thing you do and get ANY value for this guy whatsoever, please do, before he projects his suckiness outwardly on the rest of the pitching staff.

There. Thank you for being always being there to listen, vent thread. I love you.

Archived