Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe it was not the hitting coach fault afterall.

this team is playing Horribe and only 5 games from being back to 500. In this Horrible Division i would not be suprised to see the winner come with a sub 500 record.

Well i wondering if Ned Is feeling any heat.

Hall and Weeks and Mench are not helping this team now and that another reason why this team stinks right now

I am so angry with this team right now. Seething rage actually. The only consolation is this division is a complete joke. Does that make me feel better though? No, because the Brewers lead the pack of suck. Only the Astros are saving us from being the biggest bunch of suckiest sucks that ever sucked.

Quote:
I don't know if you can say that about the guy who is 12th in the NL in Pitches per PA

I don't know that this is a ringing endorsement when a good number of those pitches are simple stright-as-a-string fastballs that are being fouled off instead of driven.

Billy has had some tough ABs this year, but to a certain extent they don't matter as much if you spend all your time looking for the right pitch but are simply unable to close the deal.

Okay, where do I start?

- Yost's in-game management is lousy. Why Gross did not see an AB in the 9th is beyond me.

- Corey Hart is not a potential 30/30 guy. He's closer to an AAAA player than a 30/30.

- Our catchers have noodle arms, and when they do make a strong throw, it's lucky if it doesn't end up in center.

- Weeks is the worst hitter with RISP ever. He's got no discipline whatsoever in clutch situations.

- Hall is looking more and more like a one year wonder. Agonizingly, he constantly still tries to pull everything. I would be amazed if Skaalean hasn't addressed this, but this is baffling to me that Hall can't do this. He's done so well when he tries to go the other way. When he tries to pull everything, he looks like a joke up there.

- We finally get a good outing from our starter, AT HOME, against a crappy starter, and can't do anything against him.

- Do we have any idea how to play smallball anymore? I do recall when Yost came into town him beating his chest and preaching about how this team would be based on fundamentals, effort, doing the little things right, and executing. I really don't want to hear that again until we start actually SEEING it. We're just terrible right now fundamentally.

Okay, I do feel a little bit better.

I am sick and tired of having to scoreboard watch to see that the rest of the division is losing. This has the chance to be the worst division in baseball history. I want to win because the Brewers are good not because the rest of the division sucks worse. We are seriously much better than this and I hope we start to show that soon. Hart needs the chance to play every day and Gross should also be given a shot before Gwynn and Mench. I hope I never have to see Mench bat in a Brewer uniform again. There is just no reason to have 6 outfielders on a team. Mench should have been released after last season when he showed nothing in a Brewers uniform. It would also help if we werent play three terrible players (Counsell, Graffannino, and Counsell) 3 million each per year.

Quote:
I am tempted to start a website called "Pee in your pants for a clutch base hit".

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

You should totally do it AJAY I'd sign up.

We have to hope that Rickie and Billy pick it up or this team is finished. This lineup has the potential to score a lot of runs yet we arent. If you look position by position we are average to above average offensively at every position potentially. This team definitely has talent and that is what is most frustrating. The days of John vanderwal and Jeffery hammonds are over and this team needs to show once again what its capable of. There is no reason in the world why this team shouldnt or cant win at least 90 games in this division. Things better improve soon or Ned will have to pay with his job. Enough is enough!

Here is another reason for me to vent. Everyone I work with and know knows me as huge Brewers fan in New York. I am constantly wearing Brewers sweatshirts or shirts or jerseys around and was feeling great when we were playing well. For once I wasnt hearing crap all the time about how could I root for the Brewers. Now I have to go in to work tomorrow and hear how bad we are (atleast from the Mets fans I know) because I was bragging about how good this team is when we were playing well. Losing sucks and I want and expect better from this team. The talent is there and it better start showing starting tomorrow.

Quote:
I am tempted to start a website called "Pee in your pants for a clutch base hit".

Sign me up. At this point, I'd gladly pee my pants for us scoring a run without hitting a homer and actually winning a game.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

They will not be getting any better aganist Smoltz and Hudson. I agree the only thing is that in my job the yanks fans out number the met Fans.

But thank fully we are in the worst Division in Baseball and the winniner here might not even need a 500v record.

Going from 14 games over too 5 games over

I would have to think it time to panic here,the fans have come up with every excuse first it was the Road Trip and then we were playing aganist good pitchers. But the bottom line is this team can"t hit in the clutch and depend to much on the home run ball. Then when they hit they get horrible starting pitching. we all knew this team was never that good and more like a 500 team.

Quote:
I don't know if you can say that about the guy who is 12th in the NL in Pitches per PA

This actually fits well into my next vent.

I think the fact that Bill Hall is 12th in pitches per PA actually backs up my assement that he is prone to swing and miss at three pitches and head back to the dugout.

He is only seeing 4.05 pitchers per PA. He needs at least 3 pitches to strike out! So of course he is seing lots of pitches.

He is 12th in pitches per PA. He is also 11th in strike outs.

I think I would probably average around 4 pitches per PA as well. I could set down my bat and see how many pitches it takes a pitcher to strike me out. I think I can get a least a ball every now and then.

As much as it pains me to say, I agree about the Brewers being a 500 ball team. Even though I didn't want to believe it, I think they did over-achieve earlier in the season. And I don't see it changing. I've been watching the Brewers play crap baseball for about as long as I can remember. Attanasio came here and actually boosted payroll, and with all this "young talent" we still suck. Yes, I know we're leading the division -- a crap division. This "young talent" can't seem to get a clutch base hit, or even a fly ball with a runner at third and less than two outs (that's what REALLY makes me steam!). I think that even though we over-paid for Suppan, he was a good addition to the pitching staff. But as for Estrada, I think I could start a whole new venting thread on him alone. I know his numbers aren't too bad for a catcher, but he said in a pre-season interview that he made it to the majors on his defense. WHAT?!! Has he even thrown out ONE base stealer this year? He's dropped at least one foul pop fly that he must have stared at for at LEAST 10 seconds. And talk about NO plate patience. I know it's bad when I'm longing to see Damien Miller in there.

Thank God for this forum -- I think my wife and kids were getting sick of my rants...

-----------------------------------------------------

"When they're winning, it seems like they'll never lose, and when they're losing, it seems like they'll never win" - Mark Attanasio

One of the guys I went to the game with was constantly arguing with me about how Gwynn needs to play over Hart. I put him in his place.

Why was Gross not used?

Why didn't Estrada score on that bloop hit early in the game?

Grrrrrrrr

3TO Apostle

Archived