Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425
While I realize it is too early to push the panic button, going 4-11 in this stretch is pretty disheartening. We are relying too much on HR's and have been pretty much terrible with runners in scoring position. I am hoping things turn around, but it has been a rough stretch.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just hoping I can make it to June 22nd without slitting my wrists. Starting that day, it's 3 vs. KC, 3 vs. Houston, 3 at the scrubs, 4 at Pittsburgh, 3 at Washington, 3 vs. the Rockies. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is.

Quote:
move Hall to catcher

Now you're talking. That's what we need, some outside-the-box thinking. I like it. Actually...I wonder if he can learn to play QB? Let's trade him to the Packers, and in a 3-way deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Brewers get TE Jerramy Stevens. I hear he swings a mean bat. (rim shot)

Starting pitching (except Sheets) during this 15 game stretch.

65.1 IP/7.16 ERA/1.68 WHIP/23 BB/35 K

Funny thing is the only pitchers who have better than Bush during this time are Sheets and Suppan.

The transformation of Vargas into the pitcher we all knew he was is now in full force. His ERA is already over 4, and his WHIP is over 1.5 for the season. And that is with the help of all of the good luck he's encountered this year.

The time to trade him is now, to a team that will be fooled by his currently respectable W-L record, and decent ERA. All of the other young guys are up. We might as well just bring up Yo, and sink or swim with the young guys. No room on this (IMO) team for guys with career numbers like Claudio Vargas, especially when you have pitchers like Villanueva and Gallardo ready to go.

Verified Member

Oh I need to readjust and remind everyone here.....

DAVE BUSH SUCKS!!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ah that felt good. Oh and he is 3-5 with what a 6.13 ERA? Oh wait, he's the staff ace if you just give him a chance!!!!!

The pitching staff, especially the rotation, needs to start stepping up more. These big innings lately are just unacceptable at this point.

I really hope Melvin is keeping an eye on things. A trade or callup should be in order really soon if this team wants to stay in first place.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Ah that felt good. Oh and he is 3-5 with what a 6.13 ERA? Oh wait, he's the staff ace if you just give him a chance!!!!

Yeah, that's what we're saying.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Basically Vargas sucks, and more than Bush, and that will eventually make itself very clear.

I'm tired of the Brewers getting behind early and me feeling like they have no chance of catching up.

Win today please? Or even just grab the lead for an inning or two (make it the 8th and 9th innings).

I guess I'll vent that even if we had gone .500 on this stretch (NYM to SD) or even a game under .500, we would likely have a double digit lead in the division instead of just five.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Maybe the people whining about TGJ are thinking about giving the wrong guy extended bench time.

Yeah, bench the guy that hit 35 HR last year, but play the guy that had a week of good games play more. That's pretty much illogical. Every single player slumps. Even really good ones. Bill Hall is really good, TGJ is nowhere near him. Hall has a two year track record of being good, including being the best player on the team last year. He's not a fluke.

As Ned Yost would say (even though this quote is about Bush it's applicable to anyone):

"It drives me crazy when you struggle a little bit and people want to start digging graves for them. That's not the way the game is played. It's not what I'm going to do."

Guess I should have put the last sentence in blue.

I love Billy Hall. But you have to admit that his slump is pretty bad. If he can't even hit straight-as-a-string fastballs anymore, something is going on.

Maybe the Crew should just play with one outfielder.

well with Peavy going today all signs point to a sweep and the Brewers going only 6 games over 500. It been a long time comming but with the Braves comming in we cane be closer to 500,but as long as the rest of the league continued to stink

we should be all right.

however another NL Central team will get hot and psss up these struggling brewers

Community Moderator

the good news is that the braves are struggling mightily right now as well...

It's amazing how teams that have been scuffling (Twins, Dodgers) suddenly start to figure things out when they get to play the Brewers....

Archived