Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 2

Patrick425

seems like Cappy has the tired arm a bit early this year. Bummer.

I agree and wouldn't be surprised if Braun rides the pine to "get acclimated to MLB life" for about a week, with a handful of PH appearances. Then he'll be sent down.

Okay, maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me. That's semi what they did with Prince, wasn't it?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the sole reason Braun is not up yet is because of super 2 status, then this whole "win now" and "play the best players" is a bunch of garbage. If anyone in that front office can look someone in the eye and say that both Graffy and Counsel are better then Braun, I will eat my words.

Something needs to be changed. If they are going to just let the early season lead slip away because of money, then they really aren't playing to win NOW.

End all the dang experiments, play the best players, and for god's sake can we please stop settling for mediocrity?

They're collectively playing some of the worst baseball I've seen in some time. First-pitch hitting into double plays, dropping pop flies in foul territory, no clutch hitting. And Yost keeping out the NL leader in RBI (tied) and HRs (tied) so Craig Counsell can get some at-bats against a RHP -- sheer genious...

If the Crew keeps up their recent pace of losing every series but never getting swept, they'll hit .500 at 37-37. (This isn't that big a stretch as they will probably only be favored to win two of their next 9 series.)

How big will their Central lead be at that point? Only 3 of those 27 games will be against divisional opponents.

Dear Doug Melvin,

Graffanino is too horrible offensively and not that good defensively at 3B. If you do not want to bring Braun up, then please move Hall to 3B so that Gross or Gwynn can play.

Thanks and regards.

Verified Member

I am now starting to have serious issues with Ned Yost and Doug Melvin. Either put Bill Hall back at third base or call up Ryan Braun. Enough is enough.

We already went through this nonsense with Chad Moeller. Automatic outs absolutely kill the lineup. Graffanino and Counsell are not starters and they have no business being out there. Counsell was terrible the last time he was a Brewer, and that was three years ago when he was at least younger.

Bill Hall is a grown man. He can handle moving back to the outfield if Ryan Braun gets called up. Doug and Ned have to trust him more.

Let Corey Hart play everyday too. He needs to play and get back to being the guy we saw in the second half last year.

It's now time for some real changes.

The one positive thing about our current losing trend is that Chicago and Houston seem determined to keep us in first place by a large margin.

edit: By the way I agree that Hart needs to play more. He is such a dynamic player much like Weeks is. Has speed and power to make things happen.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I agree, enough is enough. If Counsell or Graffy fill in for someone for a night, it's one thing, but that's Counsell OR Graffy. Having one of them at third and another filling in somewhere else, then sticking them at the bottom of the lineup with the pitcher basically makes 1/3 of the lineup utterly useless.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I don't like this talk about demoting Graffanino and Counsell.

Counsell is a surehanded defensive third baseman; his numbers certainly aren't that great offensively, but I don't see him committing too many errors and I also see him as one of a small amount of veterans on the team.

Graffanino is hitting below the Mendoza Line. Over his career he hits .266 (including this year's poor performance). If he doesn't weather out the storm by the end of June, then I say put Braun in there.

Sure, I don't have much confidence in them when they hit 7 and 8, but what is Yost supposed to do when he needs to get one of his regulars a day off (Hardy)? Move Hall to third base temporarily?

It's too rash to demote them quite yet. If they continue poor performance, then absolutely -- but now is not the time.

I say we need to get good pitching from Capuano, Vargas, and Suppan again -- and good pitching in general from Dave Bush.

Seriously. Why didn't Yost just use Miller tonight? It was pretty obvious with the lineup we already had out there that we weren't going to win. So give Prince the day off too.

Verified Member

So Mr. "soap opera boy" Capuano gets a pass?? He is stinking up the joint! He needs a good skipping in the rotation to get his head straight. How in the world does he start 5-0 and then forget how to pitch?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

And the fact Counsell and Graffanino were both in the line-up together is INEXCUSABLE!!! If you want to give Hardy a day off then move Hall to 3B and put Gwynn in CF for that game only. Also, BILL HALL IS NOT A CLEAN-UP HITTER! :-( He needs an attitude adjustment bigtime! Just by watching him so far this season, he thinks my stuff don't stink just bring it. Well they are bringing it and making him look foolish. grrrr!!!! Spit some more Billy Hall - it looks great.

Ahhhh, much better. Thanks for the VENT thread Brian. :-)

Furthermore, If the crew leaves this bottom of the lineup til the end of June, or however long they leave it, that 6.5 game lead could disappear very very quick. I really really think there needs to be a change, a spark, something different. Not to mention sending a message to everyone that crappy play isn't going to cut it anymore.

Throw out the thoughts of what everyone "hopes" Graffy will do in the next few months, he's been terrible for the first two. They have a lead NOW and the time to be serious and put the best guys on the field is NOW as well.

Much better.

I was hoping for a 5-8 road trip.but that means taking 2-3 from sd, I don"t see that happening with this team right now because of the week lineup at the bottom of the order and the poor pitching inclunding suppan and soap opera boy Cappy.

melvin better do something to jump this team before we be a 500 ball club very soon.

I think it almost time for the brewers to do something with their glut of OF and Soon.

Verified Member

Ok, didn't want to start another thread so I thought I would place this little rant right here in the VENT receptacle.

Umm, Mark Belling is calling Ryan Braun, 'RYAN BROWN'. Hello?? For someone who probably shouldn't even talk sports on his show he is doing our top prospect a disservice. Do we have anybody by the name of Ryan Brown in our organization? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oh and he mispronouced his last name at least 8 times during his discussion. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I graduated with a female with the last name of Braun. It was pronounced "Brown". I think somebody should ask Braun how his last name is pronounced.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hart needs to start full time, the way we are handling him is really starting to annoy me. Gwynn gets a few hits find holes and suddenly we are playing an inferior player. Either Hart is hurt and should be DL'd or he's healthy and should be in that lineup every single day.

Gwyyn is on fire right now, what is wrong with playing the hot hand, once Gwyyn cools off and comes back down to earth, then play Hart, but until then, play the hot hand...

Over the past 7 days, Tony Gwynn Jr. is 6-for-23, with no walks, and just one extra base hit.

Can we please stop the madness about him being on fire? It just isn't true.

Gwynn isn't on fire, Gwynn had one hot week.He's 5 for his last 23 with 1 double and no walks, thats just terrible. His hot streak was 5 days where he went a combined 6/13 with 2 BB's. Hart had a .825 OPS before he hurt his wrist and deserves a chance to start on this team.

Two weeks from now when Gwynn is back down to a .680 OPS we better recall Hart if he does gets sent down and fix the mistake they are making.

Quote:
Gwyyn is on fire right now, what is wrong with playing the hot hand, once Gwyyn cools off and comes back down to earth

Except Gwynn is 6 for his last 23. Not exactly hot.

Archived