Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today one of my professors talked about Jennings' big game and said he was the second coming of Allen Iverson and a 'me first' point guard. I just sat in the corner and rolled my eyes.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Isn't Gooden just getting over an injury? And isn't Erick Dampier their starting C? I could be wrong. I'm not as "up" on my Mavericks knowledge as I have been in the past. The only player who I like on Dallas is Josh Howard (the Jeremy Jeffress of the NBA. Wake Forest's finest).

Today one of my professors talked about Jennings' big game and said he was the second coming of Allen Iverson and a 'me first' point guard. I just sat in the corner and rolled my eyes.
You should have called him out on that. Can't let people like him win. (Although, to be honest, I do have a few worries on the AI front. 7 games is way too early to make such a blanket statement though.)

Another very entertaining game. Certainly disappointing to be on the other side it of though.

Some things that stood out: Bogut mailed in this game from the tip-off, and it killed us, as his guy had a huge night. That's two scrubs in a row that have outplayed him (Mikki Moore and Drew Gooden). I don't remember his rebounding ever being as bad as it was tonight. He better bring it against Lopez on Wednesday.

Jennings had a decent stat line, but he was absolutely brutal down the stretch. What in the hell is he thinking taking fade away 3 pointers for the win when it was tied? Ugh.

LRMAM and Ilyasova were the best players for the Bucks tonight. They're clearly better than Delfino and Warrick, and both have already taken the majority of the minutes at the 3 and 4. Ridnour played good, but had a horrendous shot in over time that even the clueless NBAtv announcers were dumbfounded by.

Another very entertaining game. Certainly disappointing to be on the other side it of though.

Some things that stood out: Bogut mailed in this game from the tip-off, and it killed us, as his guy had a huge night. That's two scrubs in a row that have outplayed him (Mikki Moore and Drew Gooden). I don't remember his rebounding ever being as bad as it was tonight. He better bring it against Lopez on Wednesday.

Jennings had a decent stat line, but he was absolutely brutal down the stretch. What in the hell is he thinking taking fade away 3 pointers for the win when it was tied? Ugh.

Agree on Bogut. After this many years here, i've just come to accept that these kind of lazy games by Andrew aren't going away. He is what he is as a player skill wise and half-assed effort on some nights.

As for Jennings, he did take some bad shots late in the 4th and OT. I think it's from a mix of him being so hot from three that it clouded his judgement on whether it's bad shot selection and simply him being a young kid off to a fabulous start and he got caught up in the moment. I suspect Skiles will go over the game film and show Jennings options that would have been better than fade away threes. I'd want the ball in his hands for these last shot situation, but hopefully Skiles will tell Jennings to instead attack the paint and make the defense have to react. If he can get a decent shot up in the paint, go for it, but if not there likely will be teammates open after the defense collapsed on him.

For incredibly fabulous as he's been so far, we can't forget Jennings is only 20 years old and only 8 games into his NBA career. Many of the best learning experiences for a young athletes come through failures. I'd be more concerned with his shot selection in those situations tonight if i thought Jennings was mainly just a me first selfish player, but i don't think he is.

The assessment of Bogut's game tonite is completely off. The Mavericks were doubling him when he went to the basket. His lack of a fadeaway jumper prevents him from beating this type of double team. The Mavericks played excellent defense when they tried to swing it early and after that, the Bucks went away from it because it just wasnt there. Redd coming back should prevent teams from doing this in the future as the Mavs were allowing the outside jumpers. Redd will kill teams that try that.

The assessment of Bogut's game tonite is completely off. The Mavericks were doubling him when he went to the basket. His lack of a fadeaway jumper prevents him from beating this type of double team.
It wasn't just his offense. His defense and rebounding were far worse than his offense imo.

The assessment of Bogut's game tonite is completely off. The Mavericks were doubling him when he went to the basket. His lack of a fadeaway jumper prevents him from beating this type of double team.
It wasn't just his offense. His defense and rebounding were far worse than his offense imo.

Yep. He scored 13 tonight, which is fine for an off night. But his d/rebounding were non-existent. That's gotta be a constant for him.

I don't care if he's the first, second, or third option, as long as he doesn't think he's all three. As has been mentioned, the Bucks played atrociously all around. Jennings began to get theories of grandeur. Bogut didn't have his heart in the game. Still, we went to OT with the Mavs. We're fine. Let's just hope we're not on cruise control tonight. It seems like a trap game @ home v. the Jersey Nets.

Hopefully Redd can fit in and be a good 3rd option after Bogut and Jennings. If that could happen and he stays healthy I think we are a much better team.

I think Redd badly just wants to win, it's just a matter if he can change his ingrained ways after so long of him being the focal point of the offense.

It's a shame Harris is out for this one. Would've been fun to watch two of the quickest PG's in the NBA matchup on each other.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived