Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
yeah fondy, its been a while since i had a reason to watch the team. For the last couple years if i was home and they were on and nothing was on TV i'd tune in but atleast early in the season i have been making a point to watch the games. This team is much more athletic than teams in the past and has some shooters and defenders, which is what i have been asking for. Now that the team might actually have some star power, they may surprise people.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always been excited about the Bucks, but it's very refreshing to see other people who typically don't follow them get excited also. I hope Jennings can help get the Bucks back to the level of interest they had in 01'. Milwaukee can definitely be a fun sports town if they latch onto a team.

I've always been excited about the Bucks, but it's very refreshing to see other people who typically don't follow them get excited also. I hope Jennings can help get the Bucks back to the level of interest they had in 01'. Milwaukee can definitely be a fun sports town if they latch onto a team.
I'm just hoping that Redd gets healthy and the Bucks can somehow dump him on a team for an expiring this year.

I've always been excited about the Bucks, but it's very refreshing to see other people who typically don't follow them get excited also. I hope

Jennings can help get the Bucks back to the level of interest they had in 01'. Milwaukee can definitely be a fun sports town if they latch onto a team.

I'm just hoping that Redd gets healthy and the Bucks can somehow dump him on a team for an expiring this year.

Yep. I do have a feeling that Redd is probably not gonna play again this year though. When the Bucks said at least 2 weeks, that was very telling. Teams will do that in fear of ticket sales/interest dropping. Now I personally don't think Redd is a ticket draw anyways, but the Bucks can't afford to scare anyone away from coming out to games.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just imagine how good he'll be when he takes care of the ball a little better. I love that little guy.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I just got off the phone with my father-in-law and he was floored by Jennings. He used to be a huge Bucks fan, but hasn't paid too much attention these last couple years for obvious reasons. This was the first time he watched them this year and it was the first Bucks game he's watched from start to finish in many years. If Jennings and the Bucks can keep this up and just be competitive, they will bring the casual fan back and make the team relevant again. This could be the perfect storm to get a new arena and keep the team in Milwaukee. Go Bucks!

That was a great game. The refs were really trying to swing it in the Nugs favor in the 3rd (Bogut took several charges that were called blocks, and had a non-moving screen called an offensive foul, Carmello elbowed him w no tech called,etc). I hate having to deal with WWE referring nightly, but this team is really fun to watch.

Bogut and Jennings were excellent, as usual. Ilyasova has found a groove as well, and it's nice to see Luc step up. He's probably just getting back to 100%. Delfino and Ukic still continue to play like NBDL players.

Also, was there a gas leak at the BC tonight? If it wasn't for Squad 6, that place would have been a morgue all night.

Lots of comments here about regained interest in the Bucks, yet as Gobias said, the Bradley Center was a morgue last night. I know it's a Wed night game, but Denver with Mello should be a pretty good draw. This franchise can't afford to have too many more empty houses like this.

What a difference a few months make. During the off-season it was really hard to see a plan, other than "let's dump as much salary as we can." Now early in the season you see the pieces coming together. Jennings and Bogut you can build around. Luc Richard and Meeks are guys who can come off the bench and really help. (At least Meeks projects that way.) Now you do what you can to move Redd, get rid of Gads salary, and you can add a couple more major pieces next year.

By the way, how did jennings ever get this reputation that he had this horrible looking jump shot that needed to be fixed? Looks like a real smooth, natural release to me? I'm just amazed. I expected this to be a year where he had to grow. Learn the NBA game, work on his shot, etc. Maybe avg 8-10 points a game with far less playing time. The way he's stepped in and almost immediately became the leader is stunning- at least to me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The attendance will come. I think most people wait until a team beats someone decent (and let's face it, to date their signature win was against Detroit) before they start to really take notice. With Jennings getting some pub the seats will fill as long as they stay competitive.

I never thought the Bucks would have the best defense in the league.....at any point in the season.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The attendance will come. I think most people wait until a team beats someone decent (and let's face it, to date their signature win was against Detroit) before they start to really take notice. With Jennings getting some pub the seats will fill as long as they stay competitive.
I want to believe that. But with the economy we're in, along with all the money local sports fans spent on the Brewers this summer, is there enough to go around? TV ratings may go up, but will fans actually pay for tickets? And even if they do, will the Bucks need to offer big discounts to fill the seats?

I was at the game last night, and had my first chance to watch Jennings play in person. I will just second all the praises he's garnering on here, and say that I am definitely looking forward to him and Bogut bringing some exciting basketball back to MIL. As for the BC being a morgue last night, I really didn't get that sense. Yes, attendance should have been higher, but it was a weeknight school-year at the beginning of the season. I thought the people who were there were pretty into the action on the court.

Yeah the Bucks are going to have to win consistently deeper into the season for most casual fans to get really excited. With Jennings and Bogut here for a while, if the Bucks can get another guard (or a healthy Michael Redd, if that exists anymore), they will be a very fun team watch and I think people will come. Michael Redd and Gadzuric both come off the books after the 2011 season, so the Bucks will be in great shape financially and could maybe even move those contracts during next season to get some quality players. This year hopefully they can make the playoffs and put themselves in a position next year to trade or wait our 25 million dollars in the expiring contracts of Redd and Gadzuric.

What a great game last night. I thought besides Jennings and Bogut, Ersan and LRMAM also played very well. I really hope this team is for real.
At least the Bucks are not the Knicks that is all I have to say. That team is a joke and they are obviously just not even competing this year just to have a chance to sign either Lebron or Wade after the season.

What a great game last night. I thought besides Jennings and Bogut, Ersan and LRMAM also played very well. I really hope this team is for real.
At least the Bucks are not the Knicks that is all I have to say. That team is a joke and they are obviously just not even competing this year just to have a chance to sign either Lebron or Wade after the season.

I don't know that the Knicks have to tank to het LeBron or Wade. If they are terrible I would say that Wade and LeBron are even less likely to go there because they actually want to win.

On the other hand, if they tank and get a top 3 pick to go along with Wade or Lebron they could bery well be a little contender almost instantly

I don't know that the Knicks have to tank to het LeBron or Wade. If they are terrible I would say that Wade and LeBron are even less likely to go there because they actually want to win.

On the other hand, if they tank and get a top 3 pick to go along with Wade or Lebron they could bery well be a little contender almost instantly

Not tanking to get Lebron or Wade just tanking because they put the worst team together in the history of sports. (OK that is a really big overstatement but it is nearly true) I have no idea what the Knicks are trying to do with their team. It is obvious that they are going for broke and are relying on Lebron or Wade to come on the market which I doubt they will.

This is the problem with the Knicks they are banking their whole future on if Lebron or Wade become available as free agents. At least the Bucks are not the Knicks and putting all of their eggs in one basket like the Knicks are.

The BC would have been a morgue last night, if not for Squad 6. I wish the fans, especially the people in the lower level, would get on their feet and cheer during critical moments during 4th quarter, like you'd see at an MU or Brewer game. Squad 6 has been incredible, but the whole crowd should get into the game.

I love, love, love Jennings. I was most impressed with his 6/6 FT shooting in the final minute. He certainly doesn't look like a rookie to me.

Archived