Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan

I don't know why Delfino played so many minutes. No matter who he was guarding, his guy scored -- be it Jamison or West.

Really was surpised they didn't go 3 guards down the stretch.

Glad they won, but man, aside from Jennings, did the Bucks miss a TON of wide open 3's tonight.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Big win tonight. Bogut was an absolute beast. Finally got a win against a solid playoff team.....without Jamison to boot. First time I've been excited about the Bucks in a loooooong time.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Big win tonight vs. the Celtics. Andrew Bogut was unbelievable w/ 25 points, 17 rebounds and 4 blocks.

The Bucks are now 10-1 in there last 11 games and the 5th seed in the Eastern Conference, hopefully Milwaukee fans can start jumping on the Bucks bandwagon. Its been a long time since both the Bucks and Brewers were good.

I'm having so much fun watching this team right now. Bogut really starting to prove himself as the #1 overall pick. He dominated both ends of the court tonight. Absolutely manhandled Perkins who is no slouch defensively. Delfino great performance with the flu. We didn't let them bully us and we even gave it back to them a lil bit. Jennings really gives this team a swagger and Bogut seems to have taken a liken to the kid.

Finally got a win against a solid playoff team.....without Jamison to boot.
What? Jamison plays for the Cavs. The Celtics were at full strength and the Bucks were only missing Stackhouse.

Love Jennings trash talking to Garnett when they're walking through the tunnels. KG is a biggest trash talker in the game and usually goes after guards because he's bigger than them. Whenever anyone goes after him (especially guys his size) he shuts his mouth and backs away like a wimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOBsWBZbGc

When Jennings and Davis got into it, that was the most intense the BC has gotten the entire season. It was awesome to feel like the entire place really cared about the outcome. Jennings talking trash at the end to Garnett was just sick. Him and Bogut are definitely the heart of this team

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
What? Jamison plays for the Cavs. The Celtics were at full strength and the Bucks were only missing Stackhouse.

Oops, I meant Stackhouse. At least I picked a UNC guy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Fear the deer, from what I understand, just made its debut on Sportscenter on Saturday night. It's gaining traction, but there are the too cool for school detractors as well. Me, I think it's awesome. Spread the word!

The Bucks have some pretty amazing single game ticket packages. I was at the Celtics game last night and our $210 package included 4 $101 tickets (6th row from court), an autographed Bogut jersey, and a coupon from Pizza Hut for 2 pizzas and breadsticks.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

The Bucks have some pretty amazing single game ticket packages. I was at the Celtics game last night and our $210 package included 4 $101 tickets (6th row from court), an autographed Bogut jersey, and a coupon from Pizza Hut for 2 pizzas and breadsticks.

Wow, seriously? That's an awesome deal. Did you get that thru the Bucks ticket department?

Fellow Brewerfaner (JNatro) and Bucks Account Rep hooked me up. Here are his particulars.

Jason Natter

Account Representative / Milwaukee Bucks

414-227-0540 / jnatter@bucks.com

Edit: I'm not sure if this package was only available for the Bucks v Celtics game though.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I was the most impressed with how physical the Bucks were last night. I can't remember that last time I've seen a Bucks team play solid defense and refuse to get pushed around like that. Ever since Redd has been out of the lineup, this team has really gelled nicely and shown some toughness. Salmons has been a great fit, since he plays defense and is not afraid of contact at the other end. Finesse guys like Redd are clearly not the right fit for a Scott Skiles team.

How hard is it going to be to get into the BC for a playoff game? I've seen a 'Crew one...now need to see one for the Bucks.

Hard to say. Last time they were in the playoffs they were an 8th seed playing the Pistons and there were plenty of seats in the upper deck. Of course the Bucks had no chance in that series and played pretty badly down the stretch. Obviously when they were the #2 seed in 2001, the games sold out.

I guess I'd compare this season to the 02-03 season or the 03-04 season. Bucks were the 7th seed playing the Nets in 2003 (but only 7 games behind the Nets in the regular season), first game there were about 1,000 empty seats, second game there were about 400 empty seats and the last game was sold out.

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=30589

Archived