Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan

Blair went 37, Bucks picked Meeks at 41.

As for a lack of long term thinking, by all accounts, Blair is only going to play 3-4 years, tops in the NBA, if that. He has huge questions about whether his tendonless knees can hold up.

In high school, Blair tore both of his ACLs and had them

surgically repaired. Blair’s scar tissue essentially got re-absorbed by

his body and the result left Blair with essentially no ACLs.

Although he’s suffered no adverse effects ever since, Blair’s is an

unprecedented injury and one that scared off a slew of NBA executives.

Though Blair literally has no ACL to tear, some team physicians feel

that Blair could eventually develop a nagging issue that could wear him

down a few years down the road.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things have looked good so far with Blair, but it's by no means a knock on just the Bucks passing on Blair. If we are holding it against GMs that don't trade up or acquire another pick to take a guy who slipped, there's a pretty long list of guys in front of Hammond to point the finger at

As for a lack of long term thinking, by all accounts, Blair is only going to play 3-4 years, tops in the NBA, if that. He has huge questions about whether his tendonless knees can hold up.

At the same time, 2nd round picks aren't guaranteed. There were a ton of 2nd round picks this year that look like they were solid moves...not to take your point off-topic, but I think it was clear in this year's past draft what teams were willing to take on roster spots. I would've taken Blair if there and I also would've made moves to get more 2nd round picks.

link

-Pacers want Ridnour and Ilyasova as the primary pieces for Troy Murphy. Bucks don't want to give up Ilyasova. But Woelfel also just tweeted "Bucks have legit shot at Troy Murphy"

-Bucks are talking to the Hawks about Mo Evans for Kurt Thomas. But salaries don't match and Hawks would need to add more, possibly Randolph Morris

I wouldn't want the bucks to give up Ilyasova but would be fine if Warrick was included, as the bucks aren't really using him that much anyway and his minutes would go to Murphy anyway.

The latest rumblings are Michael Jordan is on the verge of buying the Charlotte Bobcats.

The thought scares me, for one reason:

Dear LeBron and Dwayne,

Come play for me.

-MJ

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I really hope the Bucks don't trade for Murphy. IMO that would be a bad deal. Dude makes a lot more money than a much younger guy like Ersan. I've defended Hammond for a bit, but if he gives up an expiring contract and a player that essentially is a much younger and cheaper Murphy (Ersan) for a player that is due $11 million next year...I'm switching sides. That move makes little sense IMO.

I really hope the Bucks don't trade for Murphy. IMO that would be a bad deal. Dude makes a lot more money than a much younger guy like Ersan. I've defended Hammond for a bit, but if he gives up an expiring contract and a player that essentially is a much younger and cheaper Murphy (Ersan) for a player that is due $11 million next year...I'm switching sides. That move makes little sense IMO.
No interest in Murphy on my end either, that sounds like far too much to give up.

I'd pass on Murphy if a deal includes Ilyasova or a 1st round pick. His contract isn't some amazing deal or anything, we should be able to (and if we're not going after a big free agent, should be trying to) pick up a player like that for expirings only.

If we can get Murphy for pure expirings, you do it and don't think twice. He's expiring next year, so he still falls in line with Hammond's "plan". The team is in the dreaded 9th seed right now. They need to make a run for the 5th-7th seed to make this season worthwhile.

Throwing Ersan in the package would be insanity. They're already comparable players, and Ersan projects to get better while Murph should start to decline.

Trading expiring contracts for another body has to be coming from Kohl. If the bucks make the playoffs, it would be good for the organization, but i wouldn't want to give up Ersan or draft picks to get the 8th seed and get swept by the Cavs. I'm fine with trading the likes of Warrick and Alexander for him, but I can't see the Pacers giving him away for just that. Also trading Ridnour's expiring contract would really hurt the team has he has been the better point guard the last few months and has picked up the slack when Jennings struggles.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Why would you give a division rival salary relief so they can go sign Bosh or Wade? Not to mention potentially help them out this year and help them get a playoff seed.

Not to mention, Thomas is a loon.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why would you give a division rival salary relief so they can go sign Bosh or Wade? Not to mention potentially help them out this year and help them get a playoff seed.

Not to mention, Thomas is a loon.

It sounds like Skiles wouldn't mind coaching Thomas again. If that's the case, I'm fine with.

The division rival thing is overblown. It's about the Eastern conference, not divisions. The Bucks have to improve themselves instead of worrying if that deal makes the other team better which by adding expirings, I don't see how Chicago improves.

Why would you give a division rival salary relief so they can go sign Bosh or Wade?

bosh or wade are not coming to indy. I know the raptors and heat can give every team more, but if they are not resigning with their orignal teams, there is no way there are coming to indy.

He was talking about trading away expirings for Salmons/T-Squared. Giving a team cap relief for a 4 (our biggest weakness) who last showed heart when Captain Heart (our coach) was yelling at him. I'd be all for his acquisition, though I would prefer Hinrich to Salmons (because we would undoubtedly be giving up Ridnour and I don't trust Bell as our full-time back-up PG).

I think the Hammond is still working hard to get a PF, and still have the expiring deals of Ridnour, Warrick and Alexander to work with. I really like the Salmons deal, he is a huge upgrade over Bell/Stackhouse. I expect the Bucks to have either Troy Murphy or Drew Gooden after tomorrow(just a hunch).

I think the Hammond is still working hard to get a PF, and still have the expiring deals of Ridnour, Warrick and Alexander to work with. I really like the Salmons deal, he is a huge upgrade over Bell/Stackhouse. I expect the Bucks to have either Troy Murphy or Drew Gooden after tomorrow(just a hunch).
I've wanted Gooden for a long time. I didn't really like to see that Warrick was included in the Bulls deal, but he'd fill his spot nicely. Not sure why he seems to be traded a few times a year, but I think he's a very servicable player. Word on the street was that he was going to get cut by Washington and then re sign with Dallas next month, but with the trade to the Clippers maybe he's available.

Archived