Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
Charlie Bell is the Jeff Suppan of the NBA. You root for him because he seems like an awesome guy off the court/field, but he drives you insane when he plays.
I'd actually say that Jeff Suppan is the Jim McIlvaine of MLB. A good dude, but you have to wonder what the team management was smoking when they made the contract offer.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually say that Jeff Suppan is the Jim McIlvaine of MLB. A good dude, but you have to wonder what the team management was smoking when they made the contract offer.

Not to get too off topic...but timing is everything. Suppan hit free agency at the 'right time'. You could say the same thing about Michael Redd. The contracts might not be ideal, but obviously there are other factors that go into contracts than simply a player's talent (unfortunately).

Bell is not really all that highly paid in the NBA. There are a lot worse contracts than Bell (like Danny G) on the Bucks. At least Suppan played well on a national stage to get the deal...I'm not sure what Danny G did.

3 in a row, actually Dave!

Big win after a horrendous start. 21-25 now, 7 in a row at home, 3 in a row over all.

Things are startin' to come together, Charlie.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I was reading ESPN.com this morning and it mentioned that playoff teams are interested in Kurt Thomas for added depth and the Bucks are looking at a second rounder inreturn. Hope that works out since they do fairly well with second rounders and he's not really doing much here. A potential roadblock is getting a player back that would match his current salary as the Bucks don't want to take on added salary.

Ridnour should be on the top of many contenders' wish lists. He's having his best year, despite limited time.

Yea he's the perfect mix for a contender in that he's a veteran, he's playing well, won't complain at all about playing time, and is an expiring contract.

It will be interesting how Hammond handles him. Even though the Bucks should have fully rebuilded long ago and have frustrated me to no end by refusing to do so, long term it's probably in the team's best interest to trade Ridnour for say a first round pick. That said, the front office obviously put the roster together with the desire to make the playoffs. That has a somewhat realistic chance of happening, but Ridnour has clearly been the Bucks best player off the bench all year and often has played better than Jennings. Trading Ridnour hurts the Bucks chance for that 8th seed and the right to get slaughtered by the Cavs in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what direction Hammond chooses.

The Rookies snap a 7 year losing streak to the Sophomores last night, Jennings, Blair and Evans lead the way.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived