Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan

It sure worked great with Cassel and Allen.

The problem is, Redd has moved beyond being a shooter/scorer and into a stagnant give me the ball, and stand there and watch me play type of guy and at this point he isn't quick enough to be that kind of guy. If he would run off screens, set screens, shoot solid open jumpshots and pick his spots for slashing to the basket he could be a valuable piece.

Thus far this season, he's been forcing ugly shots and taking contested looks, riding his way to 33% FG from the floor and 26% from 3's. That's just horrible. Those are the numbers of a guy who shouldn't be shooting at all. (he's 45% and 38% from 3's for his career).

Really? We're looking at a tiny sample of stats coming off a major knee injury? Interesting...

How well did it work? I love Sam and Ray as much as anyone (met them a few times), but there is no way it works with a young PG. Jennings is probably ahead of Sam right now in terms of a scoring PG. I do see what you are saying though...problem is BJ is young and developing and Redd is/should be in his prime. That isn't going to work IMO.

The thing with Redd that still kills me on this board is that he isn't/wasn't a jump shooter. He completely changed his game...he became a pretty great shooter and could drive. His knee is still messed up. I don't know if he'll get to where he was ever...but his knee is not where it was last year. I still don't get how people forget that so quickly. IIRC he killed his knee mid-January. He'd probably be better off sitting on the bench and being called a wimp at this point...

I do feel sorry for Redd in a way. You'd think this guy was terrible his entire career or something...like I've said...give him a few more months. Again, why is Redd this terrible player? I forgot what elite free agent wanted to come to Milwaukee...I don't say that to be a jerk, but I feel some think Redd's deal is holding the Bucks back...Milwaukee is holding the Bucks back IMO. Look at it this way...they say in the NFL it takes 2 years to get everything back...you can play 1 year after...Redd isn't even at 1 year yet...Again, not saying Redd is a HOF type guy, but if Redd was the biggest problem on the team...well that'd be a good thing.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, not saying Redd is a HOF type guy, but if Redd was the biggest problem on the team...well that'd be a good thing.

No kidding. The guy was having a career year (IMO) before the injury. I didn't think he'd have any chance to be playing even by this time this season. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As far as actual performances go, Redd really isn't hurting the team any more than Jodie Meeks is.

I'm not down on Redd, as a person or as a player, but he's just been terrible so far this year, which leads me to believe something is very wrong. If the guy is killing the team, with the one aspect he brings to the table (his offense) what is he doing playing 25 minutes a game? I realize the talent level is terrible, and they are probably trying to showcase him for a trade, but.... it's been brutal thus far.

Having a PG who needs the ball in his hands to create (for himself and the team), a 2 guard who needs the ball in his hands to create (for himself), and a center who's a great passer, and wants the ball deep in the post to create for the offense just isn't going to work.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It's a very mediocre team unless Bogut and Redd play well. Others are very adept role players, but those two are the key.

Ridnour will be the best PG on the market at the deadline, and with Bell and Ukic on the team, they can add some future pieces then. Despite losing Charlie V and Sessions for nothing, you can see it coming together.

It's a very mediocre team unless Bogut and Redd play well. Others are very adept role players, but those two are the key.

I'd say they are a mediocre team when Bogut/Redd play well and terrible when they don't, especially when Bogut has his lazy games.

Fans got overly excited by the good start. The Bucks had a 6 game homestand during the good start, that is very uncommon. Not only was there a six game homestand, most of the teams the Bucks played at home early on were the weaker teams in the league and on top of that, Jennings was shooting out of his mind the first 10 games. Once the schedule got tougher and Jennings crashed back to earth, the losses inevitably started to mount.

As for Redd, he was overrated in his prime and now that father time and injuries have caught up with him, Redd is a below average player who gets max contract money.

Roko Ukic requested his release. That kind of makes me sad, the guy had one awesome game and immediately then gets put on the inactive list for Redd's return. Oh well. Ukic could have been a pretty good player if he didn't screw up so much.

Roko Ukic requested his release. That kind of makes me sad, the guy had one awesome game and immediately then gets put on the inactive list for Redd's return. Oh well. Ukic could have been a pretty good player if he didn't screw up so much.

It's a godsend.

He was guaranteed next year, and he's the 3rd PG. You don't need a 3rd PG on a contract more than a year, especially when we're gonna give a ton of minutes to our developing PG over the next couple of years. Also, he's just not very good. At all.

Hopefully, they waive Delfino in the offseason (he's only partially guaranteed) and Hammond can move on from that terrible trade.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Roko had ability?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Another win by the Bucks against the Bulls last night. Also, the first sellout at the BC for the season, and it sounded like it was very loud which was good to see. It was an intense game that was very entertaining. Bogut was an absolute beast w/ 27 points 13 rebounds and 6 blocks, Michael Redd and Hakim Warrick also had very good games.

(Sunday)

Tonights Bucks game vs. the Lakers......I got home at 9pm and turned it on and I am pretty sure they held the lakers in the 40's in the first half.....unfortunately, we only scored in the high 20's. Redd injured......Starters only had 9 points through 3 quarters.

So needless to say, what an ugly game!

Entertaining 4th quarter with all of the backups in......and they held Kobe to 12, including 3 of 20 shooting. I guess we shouldnt expect much out of this West Coast Swing.

The first thing I thought when Redd went down last night was "His career is over." Two major knee injuries in 12 months? I doubt he will play much again and if he does, not much more than a stiff, jump shooter and not the slasher he once was.

Archived