Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another close loss stinks. Tyreke Evans looks like the player I wish Brandon Jennings was. With 5 seconds left, rather than settling for a jumper, Evans gets to the basket and finishes easily. The comparisons to Penny Hardaway are looking pretty accurate for Evans

• 2 weeks later...

how would other fans on this board feel about a t-mac for redd trade. the numbers work and t-mac is done after this year. I don't think this team is going anywhere and it frees up playing time for meeks. Also it gives the bucks massive payroll flexibility going into next season.

edit, more salary would have to go to Houston for this to work

You're not trading for TMac to get better, you're trading for TMac to free up salary for 2010-2011.

The Bucks are now 2-8 in games where Redd has played 20 minutes. They lost the other 2 games where he played less than 20 minutes as well.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think one thing is pretty clear, Michael Redd needs to be moved any way possible asap. I wonder if the Bucks are considering a buyout?

This team is self destructing very quickly, I really hope that things can be turned around soon.

Redd isn't a 20 ppg player anymore. He's Adam Morrison.

I will never get all the Redd hate. He hurt his knee less than a year ago I believe. It's kind of sad how much he is hated and how many lies like the one above are said all the time. Obviously I wish he didn't get the max deal, but comparing him to Morrison is just flat out wrong IMO. Redd will still be a 20 ppg player. I'd wait a few more months to see how big (if any) the knee injury had long-term. I don't think we know that right now.

I will never get all the Redd hate. He hurt his knee less than a year ago I believe. It's kind of sad how much he is hated and how many lies like the one above are said all the time. Obviously I wish he didn't get the max deal, but comparing him to Morrison is just flat out wrong IMO. Redd will still be a 20 ppg player. I'd wait a few more months to see how big (if any) the knee injury had long-term. I don't think we know that right now.

Well this year, Redd has actually played a lot like Adam Morrison (before he became a fixture on the Lakers bench). That's the new flavor of the day at RealGM btw, I've started posting over there so I'm up to date on all the nicknames. He's been cleared to play for a couple of months now. I know he's not 100%, but he's probably not far off. I'd be shocked if he's a 20 ppg guy again.

You're one of the guys who argued Redd was a top 20 player in the league as late as last year though, so I can see why you'd think otherwise.

I'm just so frustrated by all these games against good teams where Milwaukee plays well for 3+ quarters or so, and then falters down the stretch. Milwaukee's showing some promise but they need to learn to close out some of these games.

btw, I've started posting over there so I'm up to date on all the nicknames.

Sweet. What's your name?

The Bucks and their front office can preach culture change and playing hard, but talent wins in the NBA and the Bucks are bottom three in the NBA talent wise.

btw, I've started posting over there so I'm up to date on all the nicknames.

Sweet. What's your name?

The Bucks and their front office can preach culture change and playing hard, but talent wins in the NBA and the Bucks are bottom three in the NBA talent wise.

Be Here Now.

That's a very entertaining board (that Sigra guy is hilarious, MBBOT is unreal, I seriously think that 2 people share that account because of how much he contradicts himself with one post to the next). It has a ton of good information, even though you kind of have to sift through the personal grudges to sometimes find it. I've respected yours and many others posts there for quite awhile.

Also, I'm ready to tank. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/npascare2/johnwall.gif

That's a very entertaining board (that Sigra guy is hilarious, MBBOT is unreal, I seriously think that 2 people share that account because of how much he contradicts himself with one post to the next). It has a ton of good information, even though you kind of have to sift through the personal grudges to sometimes find it. I've respected yours and many others posts there for quite awhile.
It really is. Did you see the thread where Sigra threatened a couple of posters and then posted a picture of himself posing with a gun?

Just wait until you get BDUB in full attack mode. The spelling and grammar will amaze you since it's bad enough as it is when he's just posting normally.

Well this year, Redd has actually played a lot like Adam Morrison (before he became a fixture on the Lakers bench). That's the new flavor of the day at RealGM btw, I've started posting over there so I'm up to date on all the nicknames. He's been cleared to play for a couple of months now. I know he's not 100%, but he's probably not far off. I'd be shocked if he's a 20 ppg guy again.

You're one of the guys who argued Redd was a top 20 player in the league as late as last year though, so I can see why you'd think otherwise.

There is evidence to support my theory that was already posted here. Do I think he's top 20 right now? No way. I'm just not going to write him off right now. I'll give him a few more months. The contract crap with Redd gets so old. What would the Bucks do with that money? I know it'd be great to have, but would they just overpay for another Simmons type guy? It's clear to me that the Bucks need to draft and trade to bring in talent to Milwaukee. I know Redd really hurts some trading chances, but let's not act like if Redd wasn't on the team they would've signed a few studs this summer. Nobody really wants to play in Milwaukee. You need to draft them/trade for them before they hit free agency...and then overpay to keep them. The main issue with Redd is that he got a max deal when it seemed to be the direction the NBA was heading...now only the truly elite guys get max deals. And in this economy 'elite' might mean 5 or so players. Timing is everything and Redd took advantage of that. There's no need to hate him because of that. For a guy that has been an All-Star and an Olympian...I think the Bucks could've done much worse given the little talent that has been in Milwaukee during Redd's tenure. No elite player is going to sign with Milwaukee as a free agent.

I think the biggest issue with Redd is that he doesn't fit in the Bucks system/plans right now. I'm not some Redd homer or anything like that. I just try to call it like I see it with the Bucks. I'm by no means an NBA expert, but I'd have to imagine there just aren't a lot of great point guards who have played with 20 ppg/All-Star/Olympian 2 guards. Or just insert Redd's name there. Not that Redd is Kobe Bryant or was ever that, but Redd was/is a shooter/scorer. I just don't see how that is going to work with a PG that scores 20 a game.

I think the biggest issue with Redd is that he doesn't fit in the Bucks system/plans right now. I'm not some Redd homer or anything like that. I just try to call it like I see it with the Bucks. I'm by no means an NBA expert, but I'd have to imagine there just aren't a lot of great point guards who have played with 20 ppg/All-Star/Olympian 2 guards. Or just insert Redd's name there. Not that Redd is Kobe Bryant or was ever that, but Redd was/is a shooter/scorer. I just don't see how that is going to work with a PG that scores 20 a game.
It sure worked great with Cassel and Allen.

The problem is, Redd has moved beyond being a shooter/scorer and into a stagnant give me the ball, and stand there and watch me play type of guy and at this point he isn't quick enough to be that kind of guy. If he would run off screens, set screens, shoot solid open jumpshots and pick his spots for slashing to the basket he could be a valuable piece.

Thus far this season, he's been forcing ugly shots and taking contested looks, riding his way to 33% FG from the floor and 26% from 3's. That's just horrible. Those are the numbers of a guy who shouldn't be shooting at all. (he's 45% and 38% from 3's for his career).

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived