Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
The players can't really do anything about trying to sway the refs (unless if you're Kobe and complain through the media), but the fans should just start chanting Donaghy whenever the refs are clearly showing favoritism or miss an obvious call.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt like the Bucks were cheated last night. The Bucks could not get a call all night. Felt like they were playing 6 on 5.

After the game (when I was completely disgusted) I asked a Lakers fan where he was from in LA. His reply... Chicago. I asked if he was a Yankees and Cowboys fan too, but he didn't understand the joke.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I agree with all of your feeling of being cheated.....the NBA is disgusting. Stern is almost as crooked as Donaguy.......stuff like this I believe will lead Milwaukee to giving up its NBA franchise.

I am also mad at how when Redd plays, Milwaukee continues to lose. He comes in, and yes, he did score 25. However, he took over 20 shots. Many more than the rest of his teammates. Jennings only had 11 shots, and it also takes away from Bogut's touches. That really gets me mad. When Redd was out, this team ran, Jennings scored and dropped numerous assists a game, and they had a winning record. Redd comes back and the Bucks freefall. But to make matters worse, Redd loves to take his chances guarding Kobe......which is a complete joke, because Redd couldnt D up his own benchwarmers. But since Redd loves a challenge, he somehow finds himslef guarding possibly his worse matchup in the NBA. Not cool.

We need to make a move!

Redd played great last night Buckylovesbeer. He took a few ill-advised shots, but he was 11-24 shooting which is 46%, very good for a guard. The Bucks were +6 w/ him on the floor, and he also had 7 rebounds 4 assists and 2 steals, w/ only 1 turnover. We almost beat the Lakers, and he was a huge part of that. He has been very bad in earlier games, but you have to give the man credit when its due.

That call made at the end was absolutely terrible. The NBA would be so much better if the officiating was fair. I don't understand why they think the opposite.

I have often asked myself why the NBA allows this sort of officiating and I think it comes down to sacrificing the game domestically for the benefit of the game internationally. Internationally nobody cares about the Bucks but they do care that Kobe had 39 last night and don't know how he got it. Domestically though the NBA is turning off its fan base in Milwaukee Charlotte, Indiana etc. because these teams can't overcome the created disadvantages. Really who wants to root for the Washington Generals? It is for this reason that the NBA is not growing domestically. The NBA is taking the short cut to growing the game unlike the NFL which used parity to grow the game domestically and then internationally.

You know its bad when people think MLB's system is more fair, Stern doens't seem to care.

Definitely agreed -- that's been a point of contention I've had with Stern for years. I see that both New Jersey, Indiana, Minnesota, and Atlanta (which is 18-6) drew 13k or fewer fans last night. That's definitely a sign of a problem.

My biggest problem with his business plan is that basically encourages/allows teams to move from city to city. The NBA didn't work in Charlotte, so they moved the Hornets to New Orleans, where the jury is still out. Then, just a year or two later, they award an expansion franchise to Charlotte. Same with Vancouver -- does anybody really think the NBA is thriving in Memphis? I have a gripe with Stern because when he's asked what he's most excited about during the upcoming season, he'll talk about Kobe, D-Wade, Melo and LeBron. It disenfranchises the majority of organizations and it appears like he's unabashedly cheering for those guys. Like I said before, when I hear people whining about Bud Selig, I roll my eyes.

Usually Johnny Mac can keep his composure calling a game, but today he just flat out lost it. I have never heard him yell on the air like that. Bogut clearly had position and Kobe just ran him over.

I'm going back to ignoring the NBA and wishing people cared about hockey.....
I second this comment. The next two Wild games on going to be televised on FSN -- Thursday and Friday at 6. Hopefully this will be a little more entertaining.

Wow, I hadn't seen the game I just saw how they lost in overtime. This is exactly why I stopped paying attention to the NBA. It's really a joke. If that's any Bucks player spinning uncontrollably and taking four steps and running somebody over the ball's going the other way. The "star player" treatment makes the game unwatchable. Why doesn't the league just allow the team that was better on a particular night to win the game. The Bucks busted their butts to legitimately win the game and it was taken from them by a bunch of b.s. calls down the stretch. The Milwaukee fans that attended that game deserved to see a win!

I also think some of this star treatment holds back some other legitimately good players and teams from becoming better as the leauge has all ready decided who they want to be a star. They choose Lebron and Kobe since they've been in like 5th grade. Yes, they are fine players, but not all that much better than a lot of the players they're against. The league just likes to make it appear that way.

The NBA will not be seeing any of my $$ in the near future.

On a positive note I do actually like the mix the Bucks have now. Thier GM has been great and Skiles should've never got out of Chicago. Good for the Bucks and thier fans!

That was hard to swallow. I did not turn on Sports Center this morning because I knew that ESPN would just be gushing over Kobe's performance. Where is the outrage in the media? Still, I'm a Bucks optimist. I take some comfort in knowing that we can hang tough with the World Champs.

But to make matters worse, Redd loves to take his chances guarding Kobe......which is a complete joke, because Redd couldnt D up his own benchwarmers. But since Redd loves a challenge, he somehow finds himslef guarding possibly his worse matchup in the NBA. Not cool.
Huh? Redd guarded Artest most of the game, and did a good job of that. Let's at least be factual in our Redd bashing.

Point taken. Redd was not the primary defender of Kobe in that game. He frustrates me because for a guy who seems to be able to get his 20 at will, I just wish he could step up and stop someone. I love Charlie Bell, but I think all would agree that he in not going to stop Kobe in a game-winning situation.....If this team could gel this season, they have a nice core of players.....a good scorer (Redd), A high energy scorer/passer (Jennings), a true post player (Bogut), a stopper (LRMBAM), and a bunch of role players.

If they dont gel, we are doomed to another year of sorrow. Its been a long time since the Bucks were a big deal in WI.

Yahoo Sports reported yesterday that the Bucks fans chanted "Hennessy...Hennessy" when Artest shot free throws! Is this true? I had a laugh at that.

I was SO mad after that terrible call. I had finally calmed down after a couple days, but now, after reading this thread I am incredibly irritated again. Nothing you can do about it... Bucks missed a lot of FT's down the stretch. Probably should have never went to OT.

I am not an expert, but I thought that was the best game from Redd I've seen since he came back from his injury.

It definitely was. He looked about as good as he did when healthy last year. He still played poor transition D at times, made some poor passes, and took a few bad shots, but I'm still shocked he was able to play as well as he did.

Delfino had been playing pretty good since starting out so bad, but my god Ron Artest destroyed him out there. I've never seen a player taken out of their game so badly.

Yet, again the officials working their magic. Just 8:00 minutes remaining in the first half, and Bogut has been whistled for 2 tickey-tack fouls and 1 legit foul. The game is on ESPN, so there's no way Stern wants the Bucks to win.

Warrick and Elson are on the court at the same time. This can't end well.

I wonder why its acceptable in society to say how ugly you think somebody is? I mean that is how these people are born, would they get more respect if they got a bunch of plastic surgery done? I know Otis Nixon or Delonte West will never read these message boards but it still bothers me a little bit. I really feel bad for people who constantly get ripped on for how they look.

On to the Bucks, it was another tough loss last night. At least they gave the two best teams in the league a run for their money. I really love the toughness that they show. Ersan Ilyasova is becoming more and more confident as the season goes along, and is definitely a great surprise.

Archived