Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
I think one major point about the team being moved would be who is buying the Bucks? If it's an investment group with ties to Kansas City, there's no doubt they could be moved there. I think the issue with Milwaukee and smaller markets relates to winning. If the Bucks would move to a new location and not win games, it probably would not be successful. If they were to win games, they'd win fans over real quick. I still think they'll be moved in the next 5 years or so unless BJ and the boys can put up some winning seasons and somehow generate a ton of interest that would lead to serious discussions of a new arena.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone that's been going to games, I'm curious what the scalping situation is like this season. I might head to tomorrow night's game solo. I assume I'd have no problem finding a decent cheap ticket, but I checked stubhub and craigslist a few times this week and it seems different than years past -less available.

I thought Kansas City had its eyes on the Islanders. I was under the impression that KC wants an NHL team, not the NBA.

John Brew,

I wouldn't scalp a ticket outside of the BC. I haven't seen many scalpers this season, and I bought a counterfeit ticket last season. If you're going alone, buy a $10 seat and you should have free reign over the upper deck. If you want to sit in the lower level, you might be better off taking advantage of some of their single game deals, available on the Bucks website.

Last season I bought my tickets on craigslist. I could usually get lowers for 25% of face value.

Another option was to call a Bucks ticket rep directly. My rep was Shaun Talley. The initial package he sold me was $51 seats for $15 per ticket. He was then able to upgrade the package because sales were slow. I ended up sitting center court in the 10th row.

Shaun Talley

Sales Rep

(414) 227-0845

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Yeah, it's amazing what an easy schedule will do for you. Now the hard part of the schedule starts. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sniff .500 again this year.

Bogut has sucked these last three games. I thought he was gonna be a 16/10 player this year after his start, but he is what he is. I'd look to move him next year if he doesn't stick around MKE and work on his FT's and a 15 footer.

Well that didn't take long. 1 week worth of games and you are already wrong. Great win last night.

Yeah, it's amazing what an easy schedule will do for you. Now the hard part of the schedule starts. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sniff .500 again this year.

Bogut has sucked these last three games. I thought he was gonna be a 16/10 player this year after his start, but he is what he is. I'd look to move him next year if he doesn't stick around MKE and work on his FT's and a 15 footer.

Well that didn't take long. 1 week worth of games and you are already wrong. Great win last night.

Yeah, and I'm glad they're back to .500. Bogut has been great the last three games, but it took his coach calling him out through the media to get to him. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of numbers he ends up with this year.

I'm just waiting for the 9-day, 6-game West Coast road-trip. Particularily brutal are the back-to-back games against the Lakers and Suns. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic at this point, but well-aware that that roadie could kill the season.

Has the play of Luke Ridnour been discussed? This guy has been incredible all season so far...
Anyone else cringe when they kept showing the replay of Ridnour hyperextending his left elbow a few games ago? Tim Duncan (I think thats who) fell on him, and it was really, really bad. The TV guys compared it to Theisman on MNF in the 80's. I got the uggghhh feeling watching them show the replay about 5 times.

He is having a great season, and watching him play after that injury is amazing!

Valiant effort from the Bucks tonight but in the end they get jobbed by a terrible call, but that's to be expected and that's why it's so hard to watch the NBA.
Yup. Immediately after that call you just knew the Bucks were going to lose.

And my god, can Ilyasova make a free throw please?

3TO Apostle

Refs were paid, obviously. I'm quite serious about that.

Without a doubt.

I'm taking a week off from watching this garbage(by that I mean the WWF reffing.) I have no idea how David Stern sleeps at night.

Also, Ersan has weak nerves. He's bricked free throws close and late a few times now. Great overall game from him, but that's what will stick out. We shouldn't even be talking about this, because Bogut toook a TEXTBOOK charge from Kobe, but still, it's on SKiles to start adjusting.

Watching the end of tonights game reminds me why I despise the NBA so much. Horribly blantant favoritism showed to Kobe. When else do you see the refs converge to make a call? Never. But they had to make sure Kobe got the call. Absurd.
And I'm pretty sure the ref who blew the whistle went over and asked for help. It's like they're just on auto-whistle in that situation and they had to make something up quick.
3TO Apostle

I've been very sour on the NBA for quite some time, but I have snuck a few peeks at Bucks games this year and really want to get back into following them and then....

I watched most of tonight's game. The Bucks won this game, but not on the scoreboard. After watching that game, I remember why I hate the NBA. I can't believe players don't yell "Donaghy" at some of the calls. Bryant is an all-time great, no doubt, but the Bucks got screwed on so many calls. To me, it's the way the NBA is, but for the one night I invested my time in a game, I came away very disappointed to see it really hasn't changed....and then Bryant had to make that shot.

I wish the Bucks well, but I can't handle watching the obvious favoritism.

Maybe it's sour grapes, maybe it's how it is. Either way, it sucks.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived