Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's another thing I've liked from Hammond. If he thinks he hit on a second rounder, he's not afraid to give them a 3 year deal. I'd rather do that than give the vet minimum to role players who for the most part suck, and have no potential. Of course, that's exactly what he did to Elson and Malik Allen. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Darn I could have swore seeing a show on ESPN that included Redd in the 2010 FA class. So much for getting my hopes up that he would be gone after this year. He is like the Bucks version of Jeff Suppan, except you can actually count on Suppan to go out there and pitch.

Too bad Redd's contract didn't come off the books after this season. I'm not sure but I think Ray Allen is a free agent following this year. I would love to see him back in Milwaukee to finish his career next to Jennings. After next season 2010/11 when Redd is off the books we will be able to make up for a draft day mistake. Dirk Nowitzki is a free agent. I would love to see that. I also think Amar'e Stoudemaire is a free agent as well at the end of that season 2010/11. We may be one to two players away from being contenders in the east. I hope Hammonds makes the right choices.

Yeah and the Mavs were drafting ahead of the Bucks. We wanted to make sure we secured Traylor so we traded the 9th pick and the 19th pick to Dallas for the 6th pick. The Mavs were confident that Dirk would still be there at 9, but we weren't confident Traylor would be there, so to secure Traylor we did that trade, Dallas gambled that Dirk would still be there and he was.

Dallas just takes Dirk with the 6th pick if that trade isn't made. So either way, he wasn't going to be a Buck.

I'd take Pat Garrity over the Tractor.

Nevertheless, I'm beginning to warm up to the idea that Redd should be coming off the bench.

Ridnour/Bell

Redd

Prince

Thomas/Hak

Danny Gadz

That's pretty much last year's starting team (we traded Jefferson for Thomas for all intents and purposes).

Yeah, it's amazing what an easy schedule will do for you. Now the hard part of the schedule starts. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sniff .500 again this year.

Bogut has sucked these last three games. I thought he was gonna be a 16/10 player this year after his start, but he is what he is. I'd look to move him next year if he doesn't stick around MKE and work on his FT's and a 15 footer.

Trade our best player (who is on a very reasonable contract) after a rough three-game stretch? Yikes. I think its unrealistic to expect a player to be great every night. I don't know what's been wrong with his shooting the past couple of games, but overall Bogut has done far more good than bad.

The Bucks haven't looked good lately, but they have had chances to win despite Jennings, Bogut and Ilyasova cooling off at the same time. If (when) those guys return to normal, they'll be fine.

It's funny how fast people give up on players when they have a few bad games (Bogut), he is probably playing through an injury and is going to struggle for a while, he will be fine. I don't want to see him traded, he is very important to the Bucks. Didn't you say that Ilyasova was no good after a few games too?

I am not really giving up on Jennings (definitely not on Bogut) bu his shooting and decision making has left a lot to be desired of late. He is still way better than I was expecting him to be but he is looking more like a rookie than the crazy guy we saw through the first 10 games.

Bogut always seems to go through these stretches and we almost always find later on that he was hurt. Even if he plays thi bad, he is better than any alternative we have. Gadzuric might be the post pathetic player in the NBA right now. How anyone gave that guy a 6 year contract is beyond me. He has no offensive game whatsoever and he is a foulding machine who can't even remotely guard another C.

The Bucks could definitely use another high draft pick next year. If they can get a Top 5 pick talent in 2010 and shed Redd's salary in 2011 they could be in a really good position to have a quality team in a couple years

It's funny how fast people give up on players when they have a few bad games (Bogut), he is probably playing through an injury and is going to struggle for a while, he will be fine. I don't want to see him traded, he is very important to the Bucks. Didn't you say that Ilyasova was no good after a few games too?

No, I didn't say he was no good. I said he looked out of place, which he did. (After he airballed a wide open three to tie from the top against Chicago.) People on RealGM were claming that he was a worse player than his first go-round with the Bucks, which was hilarious, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.

My idea to trade Bogut would only be if he shows another year where he mails in 1/4 of the games. He's by far my favorite player on the Bucks, but his effort is really lacking certain games. His D and rebounding should always be a constant if he's gonna earn his contract, which isn't THAT reasonable. 62/5 guaranteed. Up to 73 with incentives.

Yeah that kind of behavior is pretty much Garnett's MO. I've ran across plenty of posts on blogs chronicling Garnett's many cheap shots. The most common theme though is Garnett throwing cheap shots at players smaller than him,. He's pretty much nothing but a bully that only picks on those who are smaller than him.

I was watching NBA Coast 2 Coast last night and they cut in on the Bucks and Celtics a few times. I saw the Ridnour injury. How is he doing? I couldn't fine any injury info on the web this morning. On TV, it looked like it took forever for the Bucks' training staff to get to him. I found myself rooting for the Celtics in 2008 (mostly because of Ray Allen), but now I'm starting to despise them. They celebrate every little thing that goes well for them on the court. They have 4 or 5 all-star caliber players on their roster, but they treat a single digit win against a young, mediocre team as a huge victory.

Archived