Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan
Once we're at full health, I think Delfino is the odd man out. He'll probably still start and get about 15 minutes, but he'll hardly ever close out a game. He doesn't do anything great, or even pretty good for that matter (very overrated defender).
Who has been saying he is a good defender? I'm not picking on you but it seems players get labeled bad defenders by people who do not like them. As far as I know, there is no stat for defense in the NBA (+ - does not count)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How good has Ersan been? I love that dude...looking like Jason and all...can't wait for Gadzuric to leave

Agreed. The Turkish Torpedo rules. He is my favorite Buck after Jennings.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

After the thugfest that was the All Star game in Vegas a few years back, I really doubt that the NBA will put a franchise there.

Yep, and it was a lot more than Pacman Jones. From what I heard Vegas said to the NBA that they will not be invited back anytime soon. Vegas is a city where the workers live on tips, and from what I heard the NBA crowd wasn't exactly into tipping. I was in Vegas shortly after the All Star game that year, and everyone I talked to did not have a lot of positive things to say about their NBA experience that weekend.

We'll find out what they are made of this week with games at San Antonio, New Orleans, and Oklahoma City, and then Orlando at home.

A road win with 2 of your top 3 players out is a big win regardless.

Paul vs Jennings.

Is that one on TV?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

A road win with 2 of your top 3 players out is a big win regardless.

Paul vs Jennings.

Is that one on TV?

Paul is out with an ankle injury, so that match up will have to wait. But the Hornets seem to be playing better since Byron Scott got fired and Paul went down. Darren Collinson is filling in nicely.

Yep, and it was a lot more than Pacman Jones. From what I heard Vegas said to the NBA that they will not be invited back anytime soon. Vegas is a city where the workers live on tips, and from what I heard the NBA crowd wasn't exactly into tipping. I was in Vegas shortly after the All Star game that year, and everyone I talked to did not have a lot of positive things to say about their NBA experience that weekend.
I realize that I have a bias in this discussion and I will defend the city I live in to a fault, just as I did when I lived in Milwaukee. That said, I don't understand why "the NBA crowd" decided not to tip people this one weekend and don't do that thing the rest of the season in cities around the US. One idea I have in my mind is that this was a one-off scenario, a party type experience. If the NBA was here on a regular basis, do you really think "the NBA crowd" would continue to not tip people? If so, I have no idea why this does not apply to any other NBA city.

I highly doubt the same crowd that showed up for the NBA All-Star Game would show up regularly if a team was in town. NBA players do have entourages, some less scrupulous than others. When the whole league is focused on one city and celebrating themselves, it's possible that things can get out of hand.

Neither here nor there, I know. I just really want to see a team here, and I see no reason whatsoever why a team wouldn't be successful.

Amazing that a guy with a million miles on him (K Thomas) is still light years better than Gadz. Even when Bogut comes back, Kurt should be the backup C. He's way too slow to play the 4 anymore anyways. GREAT game from him.

Ersan is a hell of a rebounder. And he's almost like having an extra lottery pick because he's still so young. If he was eligible for the draft last year, there's no doubt in my mind he would have been one. Thank you Larry Harris!

Meeks has yet to find his shot. Funny as that was supposed to be his "skill" coming into the NBA. I like the rest of his game though. Hopefully he finds it soon, because he's getting a ton of open looks.

Once we're at full health, I think Delfino is the odd man out. He'll probably still start and get about 15 minutes, but he'll hardly ever close out a game. He doesn't do anything great, or even pretty good for that matter (very overrated defender).

Delfino is frustrating because he has some nice skills. He can handle the ball very well for a 6'6 guy, he's a good rebounder, can pass ok, and is a decent defender. His by far biggest negative is shot selection. The guy just jacks up way to many long jumpers given he not a really good shooter. I find myself at times screaming at the TV, stop shooting you moron. Then if Delfino actually hits a jumper, he seems to feel one made shot means he's in a "zone" and thus needs to chuck even more. If he just accepted his scoring limitations, he could be a valuable role player.

As for Ersan, i agree. Villanueva was blessed with a lot more natural skills, but he played with zero heart. Ersan though can often look ugly out there, but he just is more productive by being a vastly better defender, works harder on the glass, and is a good three point shooter. Ersan makes less than CV, but is a better all around player.

Meeks will soon see lots of pine time once Redd gets back and it's deserved, he's shooting 30 percent from the field. I still have reasonable hope that he'll develop into a quality bench player, but right now he's a brick machine.

I should give props to Ridnour also. I really wanted Hammond to dump Ridnour and his contract if possible, but Ridnour has been fabulous off the bench and has played well together with Jennings. That said, Ridnour won't continue to shoot this well.

That Delfino description is spot on danzig. Guy has a ton of tools, but it seems a basketball iq is nowhere to be found.

Gonna be a tough one @ San Antonio tonight. I guess Redd is coming off the bench tonight. It should be interesting to see if he's even close to 100% or not. Ersan and Jennings need to have big games, and I'd say 2 role players have to step up for us to even have a chance.

The Spurs have been far from world beaters this year so if Jennings does his normal thing I think the Bucks will be right there. Bucks haven't been blown out once this year and I think they will be right there at the end again tonight. I guess if they can win 1 out of the next 3 I will satisfied, 2 of 3 and I will be ecstatic and if they win the next 3 I will put a downpayment on some playoff tickets.

I am pretty sure Redd isn't ready to come back yet. His stretch on the court was the worst I have ever seen him play. 1-6 on FT really?

Great comeback at the end of 2nd quarter to get back in it and take the league. Seems like MIL has a tougher time with the SA 2nd string than the slow pace 1st stringers

Jennings had his first game where he really struggled. SA did not let him get the jumper off and he just couldn't hit the floater.

And without Bogut their rebounding and post defense was pretty bad. Gadzuric just sucks and Thomas is just to old. Ersan had another good game though

Redd was bad even by Jiri Welsch standards. But 1-6 FTs suggests rust to me. He looked drained the whole time he was out there.

Oh, and I know its just one game, but have a look at Carlos Delfino vs Richard Jefferson's box scores. He still needs to show more consistent shot selection, but I think he's coming around. I'll say it again: what can Jefferson do that Delfino can't*?

* buy more expensive stuff hurrr

Archived