Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2009–2010 (part 1)

milwaukeesportsfan

I'm just glad we got a GM who is not willing to hand out lengthy contracts to players who have a good year in a contract year. I'm thinking we're going to be pretty bad again this year, but that's okay. We still have a couple albatross contracts that we have to wait out, then the real rebuilding can begin. Hopefully, the team stays in Milwaukee long enough to get rid of those contracts.

---------------

Last two pages of Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=16298&start=1180

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that the Bucks don't have their promo schedule out yet. Actually, I can believe it, but it upsets me nonetheless. How is it that the Brewers (who have far more people and games to plan for) can release their promo schedule 2 months before the season starts and the Bucks can't have one out 2 weeks before the season starts?

Getting Bogut's Sloppy Seconds and sharing a few Dutch Heinie's with Danny Gadz after the game. Perfect Promo.

But seriously, with Brandon Jennings at the controls, this team could be something special in the near future. And I'm definitely warming to the idea of having an ALL-INTERNATIONAL starting lineup.

Brandon Jennings...well he PLAYED in Italy, and I sense a little Kobe in him. A citizen of the world.

Roko Ukic...He's no Kosta Koufas.

Prince Luc....Prince of the lockdown.

Andy Bogut....The Croat

Ersan...Turkish Delite

Danny Gadz...the Temporarily Grounded Dutchman

Mikey Redd and Charlie Delfino-International Ballers

So far it sounds like Brandon Jennings has shown big time improvement over the preseason, and is starting his second game in a row tonight against the Bobcats. It should be an interesting season, I think they have a chance to suprise the national media and sneak in for that 7th, 8th spot. They also have a chance to be really bad if Bogut and/or Redd don't stay healthy.

Its a shame that FSN hasn't televised any of the Bucks preseason games.

So far it sounds like Brandon Jennings has shown big time improvement over the preseason, and is starting his second game in a row tonight against the Bobcats. It should be an interesting season, I think they have a chance to suprise the national media and sneak in for that 7th, 8th spot. They also have a chance to be really bad if Bogut and/or Redd don't stay healthy.
With the NBA and its competitive balance problems it is not really a surprise if a team makes it in the 7th or 8th spot. Sometimes you don't even need a winning record or a record above .500 to make the playoffs in the NBA especially in the Eastern Conference.

If Bogut and Redd stay healthy they are a 7th or 8th seed team and if Jennings is really good they could be a 6th seed team but I'm not going to hold my breath on that. I'm just hoping Redd stays healthy and can be traded so the Bucks will have more financial wiggle room for the next season for a trade to bring in a super star because that is the only way Milwaukee is going to get a big time player is through a trade.

It's a suprise when most of the media is predicting them to be the worst team in the league. Which superstar are you talking about?
Whatever one that will not be happy with his deal and is already too expensive for the team that he is on that one. There is usually a couple of them every year that get traded during the offseason. Other than a trade drafting is the only way I see the Bucks getting a superstar player which you really need in the NBA.

I doubt the Bucks will be worse than the Clippers or the Grizzlies this year though if Redd and Bogut do get hurt they will be the worst team in the league. You can't forget about the Knicks either they are also one of the worst teams in the league.

The only true superstars to me are Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, Paul, and maybe Anthony and Howard. I could be wrong but I don't see any way that we get one of these guys to come to Milwaukee. I think the only way we get a superstar is if we somehow land one in the draft.

I think the Buck will suprise because of their ability to defend. Granted you have to be able to score too and that will have to fall to Redd and Bogut. If they can somehow come up with points from a 3rd...they "could" be fairly solid.

...that said...I usually see the Bucks thru red and green colored glasses.

Andrew Bogut is giving away 100 free lower level season tickets to the craziest fans out there, he is hosting auditions and everything. Here is the link, it sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, I think that it's a nice gesture on his part. Although, I feel bad for the guy who already plunked down money for season tickets. It seems to me like the most dedicated fans would already have season tickets. Oh well, still a huge postive for the Bucks in my mind.

Andrew Bogut is giving away 100 free lower level season tickets to the craziest fans out there, he is hosting auditions and everything. Here is the link, it sounds pretty cool.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/squad6.html

He's telling people to bring drums. I have a hard time believing they're going to let a bunch of people with drums into the arena.

If they stay healthy I think they could make a legit run at the #8 seed. But if Redd and or Bogut get hurt again they are pretty much screwed.
I think we'd be more screwed if we made a "legit run at the 8th seed."

Archived