Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey

I think Ersan could probably net a lower 1st round pick from a contending team looking for that missing piece. A ton of those lower 1st round picks are foreign stashed away players. I would think those good teams would view Ersan as well worth giving up one of those picks.

That being said I don't know that Pick #25 or whatever is really worth it to give up Ersan. You certainly won't be able to draft an equivalent player that will step in and contribute like Ersan does.

Hopefully the Bucks can package some players and get another pick in the 10-20 range. They could get a very useful player there to help in a quick rebuild.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's managed to turn Andrew Bogut into Ekpe Udoh.

Udoh and a playoff appearance. i mean, that playoff appearance was a thrill ride, wasn't it?

"If they could somehow turn an guy like Ilyasova into a second lottery pick.."

asking honestly, is Ilyasova worth that, or is he more like "hooray, we picked up yet another second rounder!" ?

They definitely could have had Washington's first rounder this coming draft in exchange for Ersan during the off season, but as always, our front office decided to go into the season with 8 front court players.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It seems to be that whenever the Greek Freak is on the floor he seems to do some really nice things and isn't over matched. He really should be playing more although he did get a nice amount of minutes last night.

The Bucks remain in 1st in the reverse standings. The Knicks!!!! only have 3 wins all year and Utah, Sacramento, and Brooklyn are the next closest competitors.

The Knicks are a complete and utter joke. Which I love. I love how they tried to form a super team with Anthony forcing his way there, only for them to completely suck. It's hilarious. Of course, if the Knicks are that high in the lottery, the NBA will almost certainly "let" them win it.

As far as Giannias goes, he's looked surprisingly good considering where he played last year. I think they should keep him around 15-20 minutes a game. I think that's plenty as he still has lots to learn and work on. I saw yesterday that he's actually grown an inch since the draft and likely will grow another 2-3 years and end up right around 7 feet tall. That would be amazing if he can keep the ball handling skills and shooting with that height. I was awfully critical when we drafted him, but I've liked what I've seen so far. And if he can develop nicely in the next 2-3 years alongside our hopefully top 3 draft pick, we might be on to something. Maybe.

Giannis, Henson, Sanders, and Wiggins would look pretty good :) We would need to find some shooters and a PG but that would be an awfully nice young core. Knight hasn't looked all that bood so far so I am not sure if he should be in the long term plans. Wolters should be a solid backup PG but shouldn't be a starter.

Even with Wiggins or another top pick, the Bucks likely will still be in the lottery next year and could very easily address the PG spot in the following draft or through FA. They would certainly need someone that could knock down some jumpers, either starting at SG or a few of them coming off the bench. Long, long way to go yet.

I'm still waiting for them to win 2-3 games in a week so Hammond can think we're back in it and do something stupid.

Word is that Miami is looking for a guard because D-Wade will miss a significant amount of time. What are the odds that Kohl can be convinced that this is a lost season and that dealing O.J. Mayo is the right move? The toughest part of a potential deal, other than convincing Kohl to do it, is matching up salaries. It would have to be something like Haslem + Anthony + Mason + at least two first round picks for Mayo + Radjulica, with perhaps a handshake agreement that the Bucks will release one of Haslem/Anthony.

Maybe Santa will listen to Bucks wishes this year...

They could go for Neal too; he would be a decent fill in for Wade and would be much cheaper for them.

Getting that kind of haul, even if the 1st round picks are basically 2nd round picks, would be pretty impressive. Bucks don't really have a use for any of those players though.

I'm guessing Ridnour and Neal are being shopped, and could be an option for Miami. However, Neal and anybody else that signed in the off-season can't be traded until December 12th.

It's nice to see the young guys get some serious minutes the last couple games.

That was an unfortunate win last night as I also agree that Chicago is horrible at this point with their injuries. Will take the win if Henson is the reason why they win. Still finished 3-8 in what was likely their easiest part of the schedule for the entire year. (Philadelphia, Charlotte twice, Detroit twice, Washington twice, Boston twice, Brooklyn and an injured Chicago team.)

They beat the Bulls because the Bulls threw out a lineup that had to be one of the worst in the NBA this year. Sucks that the Bucks won, but given that it was still close shows you how bad we are.

Bucks got back on the right path last night, losing at home by 32 to the Spurs.

The schedule gets hard in a hurry. Anyone look at their January schedule? I'm not sure they win more than 1 or 2 games that entire month.

They beat the Bulls because the Bulls threw out a lineup that had to be one of the worst in the NBA this year. Sucks that the Bucks won, but given that it was still close shows you how bad we are.

Bucks got back on the right path last night, losing at home by 32 to the Spurs.

The schedule gets hard in a hurry. Anyone look at their January schedule? I'm not sure they win more than 1 or 2 games that entire month.

I put the game on the radio, heard the score, and laughed. I think it was 78-49 or something like that. Then I heard it was mid 3rd quarter. I laughed some more, knew the Spurs had it in the bag, and waited to hear the details today. Needless to say, I'm not surprised the Spurs won and won big. I just didn't realize the Bucks were that bad. So glad I gave up on them years ago.

That Bulls loss was ridiculous...Bucks up two with the ball. 15 seconds left. A blatant foul on Noah not called, goes for a jump instead. Then Dunleavy banks in the three to beat them. I laughed, but that was absurd. Then they got just destroyed last night.

Bucks once again with the worst record in the NBA.

Well he surely will be keeping majority ownership so I doubt much if anything changes. Perhaps he will bring in some deep pockets to help with a new building. Does Kohl have any kids? He has got to have a succession plan in case he croaks.

Sounds like the Greek might crack the starting lineup now. That wil be nice to see; he and Henson have been the only reasons worth watching. Middleton has been a pleasant suprise as well but he really should just be a role player on a good team. The Bucks are so bad he is forced into a pretty prominent role.

No Kohl doesn't have kids. He ... well ... ummm ... let's just say he just doesn't have any kids.

To be honest, I haven't watched NBA basketball in at least 5 years. Wouldn't bother me if they left.

I think a new stadium, is going to be a very hard sell to the public. Given the current condition of people's personal finances, I just don't think people are going to vote for this.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

At this point, let's be honest. The Bucks are a joke.

Something needs to happen that creates a fundamental shift in how this franchise is operated to create something other than general apathy from the fanbase, or they SHOULD leave the state.

The strategy of continually chasing the last playoff spot can work in basball. Wildcards can win the world series. Football has 4 team divisions, and as we see quite often, all you have to do is make the tourney and be the hot and healthy team when you're going in. Baltimore last year. Green Bay in 2010. And so it goes.

These strategies DO NOT WORK in the NBA. You absolutely have to be one of the top 2-3 talented teams here. You can't just create a mid-tier team of talent and hope for a miracle. Nope. Nope nope nope.

Kohl is completely out of touch with his fanbase, and it shows. Attendance is brutal. Nobody cares about this team. Read message boards. Lots of people, not everybody, but lots of people say "go ahead and leave". How sad is it that it's gotten so bad that people don't say "I don't watch the NBA" but "Go ahead and leave"?

Something has to change.......or that's exactly what they should do.

http://saveourbucks.com/

There is a billboard going up within the next week or so.

The fact that Save Our Bucks has been on national radio stations, and has been in the news locally... people are finally criticizing Kohl's reign. Kohl is getting out in front of it, which is wonderful.

There have been reports from years about players contacting the Senator directly to get deals done, or to complain about things on the team. That is a horrible way to run the business. He has never given autonomy to basketball minds. This announcement is the first step in that direction. Dare I say it, I am optimistic.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived