Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey

I'd feel better about this hire if someone like Jim Cleamons was retained. So far, Kidd has added Sean Sweeney, Josh Oppenheimer and Eric Hughes to his staff, not exactly big name experienced hires.

My largest red flag on the hire was how he handled Lawrence Frank. Seems like he was a bunch of yes men on his staff and no strong / experienced personalities. He was just in the league 2 years ago, and has 1 year of coaching experience. I would like a veteran coach in there.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd absolutely hate a vet coach, unless u mean like a Tyrone Lue or Nick Van Exel who have never been a head coach before. It is a new start, you need a new, young coach with vision, passion, and energy. Continuing to go out a pick up other teams garbage that they didn't want anymore isn't going to help develop anyone. We need a long-term option for this very young team to grow with. Most important is us having a guy who cares more about developing and teaching these kids right now. There is no pressure on Kidd to win, he will be able to focus on letting guys get the minutes Drew was unwilling to (until he had no option cause of injuries). I think Kidd as all of the tools to be an outstanding coach. He has that passion, knowledge, leadership, work ethic, and attitude he needs. Not to forget he has vision of what he wants now, and what he'd like to build. He also will create an identity for this team that Drew couldn't do.

His whole "power play" was simply him wanting to have a say in who they bring in so he can get his guys....guys that fit what he needs. That is not a bad thing. Him and King obviously weren't seeing eye to eye on what the identity the team should have. As long as Hammond is on same page with Kidd as he was with Skiles (I thought they were great together, John gave Scott the right players for what he wanted to do defensively and offensively)

End of story I am WAY more excited about the Bucks now that they have a young Hall of Fame PG who has ton of promise as a head coach to grow with our franchise. Mark Jackson is the only Vet coach I was hoping for or would get excited about.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I'm going to be pissed if we bring in any free agents. There is no need to bring any in.

I second this. The only FA I would possibly look to bring in is a cheap 2nd/3rd string PG for a year, depending on what they decide to do with Knight. That brings me to a couple questions I have.

1. I thought I initially heard that the team now considers Knight as a SG. Is there any truth to this? If so... Thank God!

2. How in the world are they going to find enough minutes for their glut at PF/C? A trade has to be coming, right? You have to imagine that Sanders and Parker will be getting around 30 MPG. Henson will probably get around 25 MPG. If my math is correct, that leaves about 11 MPG for Ersan, Zaza, and Radjulica. Plus, there's probably a good chance Giannis will get some minutes at PF.

3. Any update on Delfino? I'm kind of expecting him to come back this year with those "blade runner" legs. Is he planning on coming back at all?!

I'd be ok with Ray as a PR stunt. I'd think he has bigger fish to fry then a walk down memory lane.

As far as the point, just keep Sessions.

I'd be stunned if Ersan isn't traded by the star of the year.

It's amusing that our starting 3 and 4 for the start of the season might also be our starting 3 and 4 at the Vegas summer league.

----------------------

Discussion continued in this topic:

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015

Archived