Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with the 48th pick being swapped for a 2nd next year, the Bucks now have 4 2nd round picks in the 2015 draft

They should try to package those picks with a couple players this offseason to pick up another 1st round pick or two next year. Ersan, Sanders, Mayo, maybe Knight, Etc.

It will be curious to find out if Hammond is still employed much longer or if the rumors were true that he was just held long enough to complete the draft.

I will always be wondering about Embiid until that shakes out. Still, it's hard not to be excited about Parker and the fact he actually wants to play in Milwaukee.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as Patrick- KJ McDaniels at 31 and Spencer Dinwiddle at 36. This French kid may end up being worth the pick, seems like they could have got him later in the round but those are the things you never know for sure.

I really wanted them to have two picks who could play right away and have significant roles, so that part is dissapointing. Kept waiting for a trade up into the 1st, but never happened.

This roster is not set I'm sure, they have 9 forwards. Now my #1 wish is somehow dumping Mayo's contract.

I will always be wondering about Embiid until that shakes out.

i had this hope where we traded down (plus some trading up) and nabbed both Exum and Embiid, but it looks more like it would have been something like Aaron Gordon and Julius Randle (just to name two in the 4-10 range). good players, sure, but with them we probably end up as a late playoff team while we lament our inability to land a true superstar. We don't really have the time to rebuild if Embiid is perpetually hurt; Exum is a bit of a coinflip; and Wiggins probably needs a great PG to reach his amazing potential. all Jabari really needs is conditioning, which is a non-issue.

i wouldn't be surprised if Parker ends up as the 3rd best player in this draft, but more and more I like him as the pick even if we had the #1 and I like that we didn't trade down. upside is he's an All-Star and downside is he's what, an almost All-Star? Parker was the best combination of qualities that everyone on this board has been hoping for.

I was also hoping for McDaniels at 31. I'd seen Inglis going very late 2nd in mock drafts. so following the Giannis pick last year, I'm excited that maybe Hammonds sees something special in this kid.

I was also hoping for McDaniels at 31. I'd seen Inglis going very late 2nd in mock drafts. so following the Giannis pick last year, I'm excited that maybe Hammonds sees something special in this kid.

Maybe and I know he is only 19 so he could easily be in the d league or the back of the bench this season, but I don't see any minutes for him this season as the roster is currently constructed.

Yea, I think even if the roster changes I still don't see any minutes for Inglis, but that's probably the plan. I do think they have to be careful moving forward. I like the rebuilding mode, but they can't do that with too many projects.

For all the trade talk leading up to the draft it turns out basically everyone stayed right where they were. The teams will the premium picks were just asking for absurd return most likely.

I obviously like the Parker pick; it was the one they had to make. I know nothing about Inglis; who knows if he even comes over to the states. If he is another diamond in the rough like Giannis then great. O'Bryant is another Sanders like player who probably should be a good depth guy.

Adding Parker is great; but before getting into free agency this is clearly still a team that needs more pieces. Another top 5 pick next year would be nice.

It sounds like he's not only coming over, but the early plan(very early) is to get him on the floor and give him some minutes to develop.

I still kinda like the idea of sticking with Hammond just because it seems as though he's understood this whole time this team really needs to completely rebuild and take chances.

I would have preferred Wiggins over Parker (by a lot actually just because of upside) but I do love that Parker really WANTS to be in Milwaukee and has already made comments about being a "throwback type player," who "spends his entire career in the same place."

I liked the PG from Colorado as he had very good size and was a 1st round prospect before his ACL, which is an injury guys come back from pretty regularly now. But I also trust Hammond's drafting. I hate the FA signings, but I think a lot of that was pressure from Kohl to be competitive.

One question I have for some on this board. What's your opinion of Adrien? I really thought he looked like he could provide good depth and was an outstanding rebounder/defender. But with the glut of big men, I wonder if he'll be back.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves with the Giannis hype here. He has a LONG ways to go before he is a cornerstone player. He needs a ton of work on his shot and needs to get much more aggressive. I like what I saw from him last year but he is probably just as likely to flame out as he is to become a max player.

Utah is apparently desperate to trade up to get Parker. I don't think I like the though of dropping to #5 because then you are probably getting Marcus Smart, maybe Embiid falls. Utah would have to sweeten the pot quite a bit to get Philly or Milwaukee to drop down out of the 1st tier of picks.

Overall it seems like there are a lot of teams willing to trade in and out of lottery picks; should be an interesting draft night

I don't think we're getting ahead of ourselves at all.

Of course he has a long way to go. If he didn't, he would have been the top pick in the draft last year.

But here's what I know.

He appears to not only not have character issues, but extremely high character.

He went from a 2nd division league in Greece to playing in the NBA.

He's GROWING still.

There may not be a single player in the NBA with his combination of size and athletic ability. He's grown from 6'9 to almost 7 FT since being drafted.

He made plays last year that arguably no other player in the NBA is physically capable of making.

I don't know if he becomes a max player, but there is no WAY that the chances are equal that he "flames out," and isn't in the league or isn't a contributor than they are he becomes a max player.

And finally, what difference does it make if I'm getting ahead of myself? Of course I am. I just posted who I'd like to see the Bucks draft in next years lottery.

What the hell else do we as Bucks fans have right now other than to hope that such an insanely freakishly gifted, hard working 7 foot shooting guard who's already drawn praise from the likes of Kevin Durant for the intensity he plays defense with and how tough of a matchup he was.

So yeah, I'm going to hope that Giannis becomes a star player because I literally cannot find a single reason why he can't. He's roughly the same age as Parker and Wiggins and had he played in college last year, I think he would have been in the discussion for the top pick in this draft.

He needs to get bigger(what 7 foot 19 year old doesn't have to gain muscle and girth?).

He needs to develop his confidence(not his aggressiveness). Though again, what player coming from the level of competition that he came from in Greece to the NBA wouldn't?

We now have one player who I believe can potentially be a top 5 player in the NBA(Giannis) and a 2nd who I believe can be a top 10 player...A Melo who rebounds a little more and scores a little less).

And what's the point of waiting until they actually reach their ceiling before we talk about it? This part of being a fan is almost as fun as the payoff. Watching these elite young players struggle,develop and watch them on their ascent.

And right now it looks like we have two who love being in Milwaukee right now. I hope that in 3-4 years we're making some noise with some of these young guys.

One more quick question.

I know this would go against my belief that the Bucks shouldn't get involved in Free Agency this off-season as I think they need to be back in the lottery next year, but with the Suns drafting another very talented PG in Tyler Ennis, a guy many thought could be a lottery pick, there is a chance Bledsoe and his desire for a max deal may price himself out of the Suns.

If we could pull off a deal in which we traded a protected 1st round pick, plus a couple players, Ersan, Henson, Knight, a combination of whomever it would take,would you sign him to a max deal?

The argument against is obvious.

We're rebuilding. He is a big unproven. He was an elite player last year, but was injured.

The argument for is also obvious.

He's a very rare PG who's extremely athletic and a legit two way player who is mature and could be a much needed leader with such a young team.

After being dealt out of Chris Paul's shadow, Bledsoe put up monster per-game numbers. He averaged 17.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.6 steals, joining Russell Westbrook, John Wall, James Harden, Kyle Lowry, Stephen Curry, LeBron James and Paul as the only players to sustain benchmarks of 17.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.5 steals.

More impressively, Bledsoe posted such marks while logging 32.9 minutes a night, making him just the fourth player in NBA history to hit those numbers in under 33 minutes. He joins Ray Williams, Clyde Drexler and Westbrook there.

He would also POTENTIALLY give us a "Big 3," with Giannis, Parker and Bledsoe to go with some athletic, long bigs.

He'd cost 4/60 or 5/75-ish if we worked out a deal with Pho.

I think outside of obviously LeBron, he's the only FA I'd be willing to make a commitment to in this class(though he's obviously restricted, but again, the Suns sounded as though they may not be interested in a max deal prior to taking Ennis who might be a little foreshadowing.

PG-Bledsoe/Wolters

SG-Giannis/Knight/Mayo

SF-Parker/Middleton/Delfino

PF-Henson/Ersan/O'Bryant/Inglis/Adrien

C-Sanders/Raduljica/Zaza

I understand that where Bledsoe is, an established star on the verge of becoming a potential superstar is ahead of where this team is right now, but he might be the perfect PG to help bring the younger guys along while walking the fine line between winning now while still maintaining enormous upside while we wait for players like G to develop. Parker is NBA ready. This is a team that I think could win 40 games next year and if the Freak realizes his potential, a 1st team Defensive player, a 20/10/4 type guy along with Parker who led the ACC in rebounding last year who should become a 22/8 type player, in 2-3 years they could be legitimate contenders as a new arena opens up.

Is he worth foregoing another year of rebuilding and a potential lottery pick next year IF you could somehow convince him that things are getting better in Milwaukee? Or are we better trying to dump the bad salaries and developing the younger players during another 20-25 win season.

I'm not a fan of bringing Kidd in, but have to admit that I'm happy because this means that Hammond/Drew are likely gone. Best case scenario: They 'miss' on Kidd, but have reached the point of no return in regards to severing ties with the current regime.

I figured that would be the feeling. No doubt Kidd would be atrocious on so many levels. I thought it was interesting to start a search when Hammond/Drew are still in place. Even if Kidd is President of Basketball Ops, he had an alright first year as a head coach with no coaching experience. Why not try to improve his skills there? It makes me wonder what his endgame is, if he actually has one.

Kidd is kind of a joke; he obviously has a huge ego and will probably wear out his welcome very early wherever he goes. Jason you have 1 year of coaching experience and now you are demanding to basically be GM as well? That's not how it works. I won't like the move if it happens.

This paragraph from an article written by Adrian Wojnarowski basically sums up how I feel about the Bucks possible hiring Jason Kidd to run the team.

"Kidd is selling Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry, a close friend and past financial partner, on giving him a lucrative package to do what the Nets have refused: Give Kidd full control of basketball operations. For an NBA figure with such a damaged personal reputation – never mind no front-office experience – the possibility of Kidd being afforded this kind of power and responsibility is being met with downright mockery among NBA owners and executives."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jason-kidd-in-talks-to-run-bucks--basketball-operations-after-failed-power-play-with-nets-072327526.html

Later in the article, it goes on to mention that the Bucks will likely have to include a package of 2nd round draft picks to get Kidd out of his contract from New Jersey even though it looks like they want nothing more to do with him.

A few other quotes from the article to make me feel even worse about this possible move,

"Kidd isn't angling to immediately take over as president and coach, sources said, but is intrigued with the higher-paying, lower-workload life of an executive, sources said."

That doesn't make much sense, guess would have to see what happens.

"Despite Kidd's greatness as a Hall of Fame point guard, he had a long career of clashing with front-office executives and coaches, a domestic abuse charge and a DWI guilty plea that left him suspended for his first two games as an NBA head coach. Kidd had little leverage upon his hiring as coach, which is why the Nets refused to overpay him market value."

"They had listened to Kidd plead with them to make Lawrence Frank the highest-paid assistant coach in the NBA, only to have Kidd inexplicably demand that Frank be demoted within weeks of the start of the season."

That goes directly towards to the type of qualifications of that Jason Kidd has as an executive and management. What we might come to expect as he really doesn't have any other experiences.

"Throughout his history, Kidd has seldom had graceful exits – out of Dallas and Phoenix, out of New Jersey and Dallas again, and finally New York. There have often been hard feelings and acrimony necessitating a move, or the cause of him forcing his way out."

That is what I think would most likely happen if Kidd were hired to run the team. Along with a number of bad decisions along the way.

All the good and positive feelings I was having about the Bucks future are now tempered by the possible hiring of Kidd to run the team. Maybe he comes in and ends up doing a good job. But, just doesn't seem like a smart move at the moment.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have to believe this is just Lasry helping out Kidd in some way. Maybe letting Kidd interview without really seriously considering him for a job. I really hope that's the case.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't mind the new owner getting Kidd if it means that both Drew and Hammond are gone. But there should be no compensation to the Nets for taking Kidd off their hands.

I do. I think Kidd would be awful running this team.

I really don't know how good of a GM John Hammond is. He's been great at drafting, terrible at signing FA's and making trades, BUT it's my suspicion that the trades and signings have been at the behest of Kohl and his deluded desire to try and make this team competitive with second tier players.

And Drew? C'mon...he had a snow balls chance in hell of doing anything last year with the poor talent and then the injuries on top of that. He was successful in Atlanta.

More than any of that though, I just think Kidd is terrible. Just really, really awful. I think the Nets would have been better off making KG or Pierce the head coach last year. That Nets team was extremely talented. Yeah, they had some older players, but they also had guys like Deron Williams, Johnson, Teletovic, Blatche to go with KG and Pierce.

He just strikes me as an Isaiah Thomas type of GM. Terrible off the cuff deals that handcuff the team while trading away valuable young assets in an attempt to win immediately.

Jason Kidd will be the next head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks if the Brooklyn Nets agree to the Bucks' terms of a 2015 second-round draft pick in exchange for Kidd, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN Sunday.

The source said the Bucks offered a second-round pick, but the Nets wanted a 2015 first-round pick in exchange, a negotiating chip the Bucks originally dismissed.

The source said the Bucks only talked to Kidd about being the coach, not any kind of administrative position running basketball operations.

Hammond is organizing the deal, and apparently his job is safe.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11153896/jason-kidd-join-milwaykee-bucks-brooklyn-nets-take-second-round-pick-compensation

this is awful news. i never thought drew was the future but kidd never gave any indication that he is a NBA coach and the way Lawrence Frank was handles was embarrassing.

If the bucks want to move on from drew, i don't have an opinion either way, but i would have tried to get hollins, marc jackson or nate mcmillian over kidd if they had to get rid of Larry.

Archived