Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey

Afflalo just got traded for Denver for what amounts to a bunch of crap. So that trade with Cleveland is off the table unless it is just 4 and 12 or if they find an acceptable substitute.

In the end I think CLE keeps their pick but I don't think they even know which player they will take.

I imagine Hammond's phone is probably ringing off the hook. It seems half the league wants to draft Wiggins or Parker. Unless you stay in say the Top 6; pick up another 2014 1st round pick, and a 2015 unprotected pick from a likely lottery team I think you just stand pat. The Bucks desperately need a superstar on the team. Giannis may turn out to be one; but you absolutely have to hedge your bets and draft Wiggins or Parker as well.

Hell the Bucks should just trade Henson or Sanders, 2015 1st rounder, 2014 31st pick, and whatever other players CLE wants not named Giannis and have the 1st and 2nd picks and take both Wiggins and Parker :)

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell the Bucks should just trade Henson or Sanders, 2015 1st rounder, 2014 31st pick, and whatever other players CLE wants not named Giannis and have the 1st and 2nd picks and take both Wiggins and Parker :)

Actually I wonder what it would legitimately take for the Cavs to trade the Bucks #1. If you're the Cavs would you do 2 of Sanders/Henson/Knight & an unprotected 2015 #1 pick for the #1 pick?

Well if the intention of the Cavs is try to lure James back they might lean towards competing now and trading the pick. I don't think they would have much use for Knight though since they have Irving. Sanders, Henson, Middleton, ,2015 unprotected pick, and 2014 2nd round pick would be awfully enticing one would think. We would probably need to take some salary back. I would do that trade in a heartbeat if I were the Bucks. It wouldn't happen in a million years but it is fun to think about.

I have to imagine in all seriousness that Cleveland would require a top 10 pick this year, unprotected pick in 2015, and players if they trade out of #1. I can't imagine them trading out of #1 without getting a high 2014 draft pick in return.

I believe that if the cavs keep #1 they will take Parker, if they trade the picks that team will take Wiggins and the bucks will take Parker.

I don't think Cleveland would do that trade fondy, even though I think Henson, Knight and a 2015 #1 is more than fair for #1.

I would disagree, Henson and Knight are rotation guys. That and a future 1 in a weaker draft don't equal the #1 in this draft. I can't see a scenario where Cleveland doesn't end up with a high first in this year's draft. If the roles were reversed, there is no way I would take that return for Milwaukee. IMO, Henson/Sanders/#2 pick are the only thing that drags the #1 from Cleveland. Even that is iffy.

O I think they would take Henson and the #2 for #1; they would be picking up Henson for basically nothing since they are still going to get Wiggins or Parker which are basically equals. Bucks would be dumb to do that but I think CLE would be interested.

The only reason I thought CLE might trade out of #1 for players is because they really aren't that far away from competing especially in the East. They underperformed horribly this year but long term they already have a lot of talent; a lot more than the Bucks for sure.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If 'everyone in the league" wants either Wiggins or Parker, aren't the Bucks best suited to just standing pat and taking whichever one of the two is there at 2? THere's a reason those 2 guys are consensus 1 - 2. See if you can get back into the first round (or even the lottery picks) by trading guys, but stay at 2 and get that franchise guy in either Wiggins or Parker.

If 'everyone in the league" wants either Wiggins or Parker, aren't the Bucks best suited to just standing pat and taking whichever one of the two is there at 2? THere's a reason those 2 guys are consensus 1 - 2. See if you can get back into the first round (or even the lottery picks) by trading guys, but stay at 2 and get that franchise guy in either Wiggins or Parker.

I agree. I think that you stand pat and take whichever of the two is available. It's a no-brainer that no one is really going to be able to second guess. No need to get cute here, the pressure is all on the Cavs.

That aaron gordon pick by Orlando is a head scratcher. He looked soft as a kitten in the NCAA tournament.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

For all the trade talk leading up to the draft it turns out basically everyone stayed right where they were. The teams will the premium picks were just asking for absurd return most likely.

I obviously like the Parker pick; it was the one they had to make. I know nothing about Inglis; who knows if he even comes over to the states. If he is another diamond in the rough like Giannis then great. O'Bryant is another Sanders like player who probably should be a good depth guy.

Adding Parker is great; but before getting into free agency this is clearly still a team that needs more pieces. Another top 5 pick next year would be nice.

last pick is Lamar Patterson out of Pittsburgh. kinda hoping for Thannis there, but maybe he'll fall out of the draft and the Bucks can pick him up on an UFA contract.

i'm no expert but it seems like O'Bryant may be the PF version of LRMAM, who could come in late just for some rebounding and extra aggression on the boards. surprised they took Inglis instead of the SF out of Clemson. maybe Inglis spends a year or two in the D-League.

edit: nevermind. Thiannis goes to the Knicks.

I thought O'Bryant was a little bit bigger than that; o well.

Regardless the Bucks still have a huge logjam at the forward spots. Giannis probably will have to play a lot of SG when you have Parker, Ersan, Henson, O'Bryant, Adrien, and Middleton.

If I had to guess the starting lineup on Day #1 without considering FA pick ups or trades it would be

Knight

Giannis

Parker

Henson

Sanders

Middleton, Zaza, O'Bryant, Ersan, and Wolters as the key back ups. Ersan could start at the PF over Henson I suppose. At this point I doubt the Frenchman will be coming over; he is only 19.

I doubt O'Bryant makes the team.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I thought O'Bryant was a little bit bigger than that; o well.

Regardless the Bucks still have a huge logjam at the forward spots. Giannis probably will have to play a lot of SG when you have Parker, Ersan, Henson, O'Bryant, Adrien, and Middleton.

If I had to guess the starting lineup on Day #1 without considering FA pick ups or trades it would be

Knight

Giannis

Parker

Henson

Sanders

Middleton, Zaza, O'Bryant, Ersan, and Wolters as the key back ups. Ersan could start at the PF over Henson I suppose. At this point I doubt the Frenchman will be coming over; he is only 19.

Middleton is more of a 2/3, basically the same as Giannis & Delfino (and Mayo, I suppose)

O'Bryant will probably be D-League fodder, I don't know if Inglis is coming over right away.

I think O'Bryant might be a younger version of Adrien who is a free agent.

Parker is not playing the 3. He is a power forward.

Front court looks like a log jam, Sanders, Henson, Zaza, Parker, Ersan and Miroslav. Plus the two 2nd rounders.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

6' 8" is kind of small for a PF though; I would rather him play the SF. It probably doesn't really matter though. Most teams in the NBA will have problems matching up with the Bucks height and length regardless of where each guy is playing. Their SG, SF, PF, and C, could all be 6"8" +.

The Bucks need to find some guard depth through trades and free agency unless they plan on Mayo being a contributor.

Apparently the Frenchman is coming over this year; I can maybe see one of the 2nd round picks making the team but not both. You can carry only so many power forwards.

Wonder if Middleton can play SG, he's probably our best shooter.

Barring any trades, my starting 5 will be

Knight

Middleton

Giannis

Parker

Sanders

That's a pretty long lineup, could be decent defensively.

And then Henson coming off the bench....holy length.

Archived