Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey

Well Lebron officially opted out. I want him to leave MIA and go to a Western Conference team so bad. It would also be an added bonus if MIA becomes a trainwreck after buying their team a couple years back.

Of course the Bucks should go after Lebron and pair him with Giannis and Wiggins/Parker. It is totally going to happen; tell him they will name their new arena after him; King James Arena sounds pretty good.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think it's funny we're all falling for the rumors again. Did anyone know Cleveland was taking Bennett #1 last year? No.

So we hear Cleveland waanted Embiid, Parker tanks workout, they don't want him now. Philly really wants Wiggins. I could go on and on. Every year, in every draft, in every sport there are rumors, miss-direction by the teams, etc. And we buy it all. Why? It's something to read, sources "seem" reputable. Just realize at least half of what we read and hear is either not ture, or put out there for a purpsoe by the team involved.

my dream draft (assuming no trades)

2) Jabari Parker - most ready to help on day 1

31) Mitch McGary - good serviceable backup center

36) Thanisis Antekenopou - bucks new version of LRMBM

48) CJ Fair - bucks need another scorer off of the bench

I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves with the Giannis hype here. He has a LONG ways to go before he is a cornerstone player. He needs a ton of work on his shot and needs to get much more aggressive. I like what I saw from him last year but he is probably just as likely to flame out as he is to become a max player.

You're right, but to put this in perspective:

He's 2.5 months older than Wiggins and 3.5 months older than Parker. I doubt those two would've done much better vs NBA competition last season with Larry Drew telling them to go stand in the corner every game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I do think it's funny we're all falling for the rumors again. Did anyone know Cleveland was taking Bennett #1 last year? No.

So we hear Cleveland waanted Embiid, Parker tanks workout, they don't want him now. Philly really wants Wiggins. I could go on and on. Every year, in every draft, in every sport there are rumors, miss-direction by the teams, etc. And we buy it all. Why? It's something to read, sources "seem" reputable. Just realize at least half of what we read and hear is either not ture, or put out there for a purpsoe by the team involved.

This is all true of course - but there's not much else to go by right now. It's all speculation.

The thing is, when you pick second and to most experts, there are really only 2 top flight players right now (Wiggins and Parker), the rumors have some validity. If anyone outside of those two are selected with picks 1 or 2, it'll be a complete shocker. Bennett was last year too, but there really wasn't any top tier players in that draft like there are in this one.

Yes, but Cleveland could shock again and still take Embiid. Also, one of the top 3 picks may really want Exum.

Personally, I think the value of this draft is the depth- not who's on top. That's why I really hope at least some of the rumors are true about the Bucks acquiring more picks in the 1st.

The 2013 draft was one of the worst drafts in recent memory from a talent perspective. Bennett was s shocker but there really was no consensus on even the top 2 or 3 guys last year. This year it is almost universal that Parker and Wiggins go 1 and 2 in some order. The only thing that is going to change that is if Utah or Philly manage to trade up.

The more interesting part of the draft for the Bucks is what they are able to do beyond the 2nd pick. I will be disappointed if they stand pat and just take their 3 2nd rounders. They have some tradable assets so I hope they do whatever they can to get as many 1st round picks as possible. I would trade anyone except Giannis if the price is right. Knight, Sanders, Ersan, Middleton, and Henson I think would be pretty attractive to plenty of teams.

Lasry mentioned a list of 6 possible locations for a new arena. And he's meeting with some people about 3 or 4 different arena designs today. I'm glad he's moving forward. I think people will be more willing to get on board if they see what they are getting. That being said, the $350-$400 million estimate seems a little low. I hope they don't build an inferior arena just to get one done. People whine and moan about the Miller Park tax but the fact is over 10 years later Miller Park is still one of the best stadiums in baseball.

The sites listed as possibilities for the arena include 4th/Wisconsin, 2nd/Michigan/MacArthur Square, The Wisc Center corridor (where the US Cellular Arena is), South of the Italian Community Center right by the Summerfest grounds, and immediately north of the current arena.

Do we have room under the cap to take on salary? Rumor is that teams are trying to shed contracts to make a run at Lebron and Carmelo. I would be more than willing to take Steve Nash's contract and the number 7 pick from the Lakers (as I'm guessing a number of teams would). My guess is that the value of our 2nd round draft picks is on the rise for teams trying to gain cap space.

So there's a rumor going around Orlando offered the No.4, No.12 and Aaron Afflalo for the No. 2 and the Bucks turned it down??

Also, with those same rumors is that the Hornets offered No.9 and a player to Orlando for Afflalo.

Turning No.2 into No.4,No.9,No.12, and a player? Sign me up for that.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So there's a rumor going around Orlando offered the No.4, No.12 and Aaron Afflalo for the No. 2 and the Bucks turned it down??

Also, with those same rumors is that the Hornets offered No.9 and a player to Orlando for Afflalo.

I heard the same rumor (4, 12, Afflalo) in regards to the #1 pick too. Sounds fishy.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I honestly wouldn't, with Embiid's injury this is a 3 person draft. The bucks need star power, getting 3 similar players in skill does not equal parker or wiggins

The top two picks appear to be in very high demand; CLE and MIL just have to hold on to these picks unless the return is just crazy. The drop off from 1-2 to the rest of the draft is huge; I don't think it is worth it to give up Wiggins or Parker just to get 2 or 3 second tier guys. Just take the potential star. I will probably change my mind again before Thursday.

Just don't screw this up Hammond.

I agree. At this point I would rather the Bucks just keep the second pick and choose between Parker and Wiggins. With the Embiid injury, they are the two top players in this draft which is why there seems to be so much interest in teams trading up to get one of the top two picks.

Would be great if the Bucks can find a way to get another lottery pick as well. Have seen rumors that the Lakers and Kings may be interested in trading their picks, but with all the rumors floating around who knows what is true and what isn't. Would guess that the Bucks could probably get a first round pick later in the draft if they really wanted to. I seem to remember last year that a few teams towards the end of the first round trading their 1st round pick for second round picks, but it was a weak draft.

Just to confirm what we already know; the Bucks told Parker they would take him at #2 if he is available. I am sure they told Wiggins the same thing. That puts me a bit at ease that Hammond won't reach for Exum or Embiid at this point. But these are all still rumors until Thursday night.

What I see happening tomorrow

1) Bucks draft Parker. Zero percent chance they trade out if he is there. He wants to be a Buck and he is Hammonds guy

2) Bucks draft Wiggins. Knight-Wiggins- Giannis is an explosive transition 1-3. That is also great defense their with size of 6'3, 6'8, 6'11.... not too bad not to mention the length it gives us.

3) Trade out of 2 with Sixers maybe Orlando to get 2nd Lottery pick. Bucks love Exum and would take him at #3 or #4.

Either way, I have a feeling no matter what, Bucks will trade back into the 1st and hopefully back into lottery. They are open to trading Ersan (zero need for him anyway) Sanders, Henson, and Knight, not to mention the 3 2nd round picks they have to add in there.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I still wouldn't mind the Bucks trading down and drafting Embiid and getting additional picks. However, I also understand why the owners wouldn't do that as there is only a limited time frame to get approval for a new arena and tanking another year wouldn't help that cause. Long term for winning championships I think it would be best for the franchise to draft Wiggins/Embiid/Exum but long term for the franchise to stay in Milwaukee Parker is probably the best pick.

No one had GA in the first round last year, but Hammond pulled the trigger. Hammond has shown that he will go high-risk, high reward with international players if he thinks they have a higher upside (GA, Yi). I would not be surprised to see Hammond pull the trigger on Exum at #2 if Hammond thinks he has a higher upside than whomever else is available, even if it means taking a few more years of development.

If you really want Exum though; then you trade down to #3 with Philly and get whatever else you can. You can't take Exum at #2; if they would rather have him then Parker then trade down a spot and pick up another pick somewhere.

My money still remains on Parker but a lot could happen today with trades. There seem to be a lot of rumors about teams trying to move both up and down this year. Something is bound to happen.

No one had GA in the first round last year, but Hammond pulled the trigger. Hammond has shown that he will go high-risk, high reward with international players if he thinks they have a higher upside (GA, Yi). I would not be surprised to see Hammond pull the trigger on Exum at #2 if Hammond thinks he has a higher upside than whomever else is available, even if it means taking a few more years of development.

Everyone had Giannis going in the first round. He wasn't getting past Atlanta at 17/18.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Right now if I had to make a guess, I think Parker goes no. 1 and then the Bucks take Wiggins, though it sure seems like Hammond really likes Exum. Saw a rumor by Chad Ford that Cleveland was seeing what they could get if they offered teams Orlando's 4th and 12th picks. I still don't think Cleveland knows yet what they are going to do.

Further evidence that Cleveland still doesn't know what it's going to do is the following treat from Jeff Goodman of ESPN from earlier this morning,

"Cleveland Cavs extremely active in the trade market in the past 24 hours for the No. 1 overall pick. Still torn on Wiggins/Parker."

Archived