Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey
Blaze orange would look horrible. I am not really a fan of black as a main color. It is something NBA teams in the early - mid 90's would do. Classic colors are in, the purples, teals etc are a thing of the past (new hornets not are an exception) The bucks could incorporate different hues of green without blatantly coping the uniforms from the mid 80's, even though if they did I wouldn't have a problem with it. I will say though that the old bucks logo does not hold up the test of time and that could not be brought back.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why stop with color, uniform, and logo changes? Maybe it's time to change the name? It would be an opportunity to straighten out some team names. LA Lakers never made sense. Milwaukee Lakers would be perfect. Give New Orleans their Jazz back. Then LA and Utah can fight over Pelicans, Bucks, whatever they want. Maybe Utah Salties? LA Traffic? While we're at it, not sure how many Grizzlies are in Memphis. Memphis could take the Bucks name I suppose. Or Memphis Squalor

I think they should make a public vote out of the new color scheme. Get people interested again. Come up with 5 or 6 different color schemes (green/black, green/white, blue/gold, red/black, etc) and let the fans vote. Personally I think that blue, black, and red are all overused in professional sports and green for some reason is underused so I'd prefer to keep green as the main color. I guess green and white or green and black would be my preference.

As far as the camo uni's go. Personally I hate camo too but maybe they could wear the uniforms three or four times during the deer hunt season. It'll get them talked about (though I'm not sure in a good way) and then they could auction off the uni's with the proceeds going to charity.

Keep the name the same. Bucks is a classic name for a team in this state given the abundance of the animal, as well as the fact that deer hunting is so popular.

Keep the green! Who else has green as the main color in the NBA besides us and Boston? Keep the identity, update the uniforms and logo and move forward.

Not only does "Bucks" make sense in that the animal is all over the place, but they've had the name for a long, long time. This isn't a new franchise. They haven't moved or anything, changing the name at this point seems just silly. Rarely, if ever, do teams just change their names after 50 years (without moving) unless there is political backlash or something like that (like if the Redskins changed their name for example).

I just hope the new owners do not do anything too crazy, when i first read they were considering a color change, i remember the rumors about the raptors changing to black and gold.

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/30/toronto-raptors-jerseys-drake-black-gold-ovo/

i really want them to go back to their roots with green and white and dump the red.

I think it is really simple...If Lasry and Edens listen to what a majority of the fan base wants, then there will be a return to the multiple green and white scheme of the 1980s. The uniforms don't have to be the exact same, it just needs to have that color scheme. I think it is the same argument for proponents of the return full time to the ball and glove logo for the Brewers. The Irish rainbow is the Milwaukee Bucks much like the ball and glove is the Brewers. It's not because the Bucks had a run of success in the 80s or that retro is cool. It's strictly that the majority of fans identify with that look more than any others for the Bucks.

Do it!

Well if Embiid is the first pick I think everyone should universally want Wiggins #2. The problem is clearly coming when Wiggins gets picked #1 and the Bucks have to decide between Parker and Embiid. Parker has a lower ceiling and a higher floor than Embiid. Embiid could turn out to be great but his injury history scares me and he is definitely a project. Parker could step in and play right away. Fitting Embiid into the rotation would be pretty simple. Fitting Parker in could be an issue with Giannis, Ersan, Middleton, and Henson.

Its too bad that there isn't an elite PG or SG prospect that the Bucks could take here. Wiggins and Parker are both better suited for a SF spot and Embiid is a throwback C. Exum is a PG but no one should really be considering him at #2; at least I hope.

What is Embiid's injury history? As far as I know it's just the one singular injury. I understand the concern about him being a big man and all that goes with that, but I don't want to pass up on Hakeem because of the Greg Oden's of the world.

And as far as nobody talking about Exum at #2, I don't know why not? There are 4 elite players. Exum is a 6'6 PG with better combine times than players like Paul, Curry, Lillard and others.

According to many reports I've heard, scouts have said that had he played in college this year, he'd be a legitimate contender for the top pick, and is a unanimous top 4 pick.

Finally, what makes Wiggins better suited for the SF position? Parker I get. He's not as athletic and is slower. But Wiggins is perfectly suited to play SG. He's long, he's got exceptional quickness and is already a good defender.

I go back and forth between Wiggins and Embiid as the guy I want most, but I'd definitely take Exum before Parker.

I want a long, athletic team that can defend in the half court and get out and run. If you have either Exum at the Point or Wiggins at the 2 with Giannis, Henson and Sanders right now, that's a lot of athletic ability and upside to start with.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Based on rumors I've seen elsewhere, it sounds like a housecleaning in the front office is coming soon and additionally Drew is gone. My guess is that this will probably be timed similar to the Grunfield/Karl purge back in the day (after the draft). As for the colors, I'm kind of hoping that the two tone green style from the 80's is what they go with. I will never be accused of being stylish, but it seems that the brighter green color is 'in' these days. As for the draft pick, it's going to be a difficult decision regardless of who Cleveland picks.

This is entirely illogical to me. I would really want the GM and Coach that's going to be running this team through this rebuild to be the ones to pick the player. Otherwise you're really hamstringing them.

To be honest, I'm fine with keeping Hammond around. Hammond has made repeated comments about how he really likes the news owners and how they understand the need to build the right way and to build through the draft. Hammond didn't come out and say it, but it certainly sounded like he was suggesting that Kohl did not feel that way and he was forcing them to try and be competitive.

And Hammond has drafted well.

With regard to Drew, he never had a chance, so I don't know how good he is.

Either way, a move should have been made immediately if they were going to make one IMO.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

regarding Drew, considering the quality of coaches experience wise that the lakers and knicks are going after, I'd keep Drew. IF he was fired, I wouldn't really be too upset but I just question if they will get a better coach than what they have now.

Latest rumor I heard from a source I trust, the Bucks are looking to position themselves for 3 lottery picks by giving up various picks and players. Obviously, everything would need to come together just right for that to happen, so I'm not expecting it. Not impossible either. But the Bucks would need to give up more than just their junk. A Sanders, Henson, or Knight would have to part of a deal I would think. But wow, that would be a fun draft night!

Not impossible either. But the Bucks would need to give up more than just their junk. A Sanders, Henson, or Knight would have to part of a deal I would think. But wow, that would be a fun draft night!

If they make a trade with Philly or Orlando it could be done. I've read Philly covets Wiggins. If Embiid goes #1 why not call Philly and say "we're going to take Wiggins. If you want him give us your two lottery picks"? If they don't bite, whatever, you still get Wiggins. If they do you only move down one spot, gain an extra pick and your GM looks like a genius.

Personally I hope they keep Knight. He is still young and was the only consistent scorer on last year's team. The back court is weak and trading him would only make it weaker. I'd be fine with moving Sanders or Henson. I don't think Henson is ever going to anything more than a 6th man and Sanders showed last year that he is an immature punk. I would rather they build the team around Giannis, Knight, and whomever they get this year.

Not impossible either. But the Bucks would need to give up more than just their junk. A Sanders, Henson, or Knight would have to part of a deal I would think. But wow, that would be a fun draft night!

If they make a trade with Philly or Orlando it could be done. I've read Philly covets Wiggins. If Embiid goes #1 why not call Philly and say "we're going to take Wiggins. If you want him give us your two lottery picks"? If they don't bite, whatever, you still get Wiggins. If they do you only move down one spot, gain an extra pick and your GM looks like a genius.

Personally I hope they keep Knight. He is still young and was the only consistent scorer on last year's team. The back court is weak and trading him would only make it weaker. I'd be fine with moving Sanders or Henson. I don't think Henson is ever going to anything more than a 6th man and Sanders showed last year that he is an immature punk. I would rather they build the team around Giannis, Knight, and whomever they get this year.

Knight is a 2 guard in a PG's body, he has no vision, can't run the pick 'n roll and really only scored a lot because he shot a lot last year. The team as a whole was much better with Wolters on the court than they were with Knight.

The rumors I've heard is that the FO is gone after the draft, they aren't making the pick, but the Bucks don't want their knowledge walking out the door to some other team before the draft (makes sense).

Drew is as good as gone as well.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The bucks will be hiring a president (a much needed move).

Its too early to say if drew is as good as gone. Its fine to get rid of him but you have to think who are you going to get to replace him if you fire him in July. I don't see a better coach available.

While I said a while back that Embiid's back issues scare me, the more I feel strongly that the Bucks really need to take either him or Wiggins. IMO the Bucks desperately need a player who may be a superstar, and those two have the best shot. If they stay at #2 and take Parker or Exum I will be disappointed - especially if it's Wiggins available at #2 and the Sixers are as desperate to have him as what the reports say. I would prefer to stay at #2 and just take Embiid or Wiggins, but if they are going to take someone else I really hope they try to trade down with someone like Philly or Orlando.

On a separate note, has anyone heard if the Bucks will have a draft party on June 26th? A few weeks away yet and I assume they will (given that they even had a draft lottery party this year), but has anyone heard anything?

So 3 lottery picks. How would we make that happen? I know a few teams have 2 lottery picks, but do we really have the assets player wise to get a third? Any idea what that would be?

Sure. Sanders, Henson, Knight, Sova, or combination of any of them. Plus, 1st pick in 2nd round is a very valuable pick this year. So they have plenty to throw around if they really want to have 3 lottery picks.

i could see them packaging 2 or 3 2nd rounders to get an additional mid 1st round pick, but its going to be hard to get 3 lottery picks. It would be awesome if they can pull it off, but its Hammond so we shall see.

Again, I agree it would be hard. Which is why it's not likely to happen. But in theory at least, wouldn't be too difficult. Trade the #2 to Philly for 3/10 or Orlando for 4/12. You may have to sweeten that deal a little, but very doable. So now you 2 lottery picks. The 3rd comes by trading any combination of your #31, first round pick next season, or players. Getting to say 13 or 14 could get done.

So there you go. In a way, it wouldn't be that tough in theory. Problem is, you need the other parties involved to cooperate. I don't expect them to have 3 lottery picks, but I will be surprised if no move at all is made.

Again, I agree it would be hard. Which is why it's not likely to happen. But in theory at least, wouldn't be too difficult. Trade the #2 to Philly for 3/10 or Orlando for 4/12. You may have to sweeten that deal a little, but very doable. So now you 2 lottery picks. The 3rd comes by trading any combination of your #31, first round pick next season, or players. Getting to say 13 or 14 could get done.

So there you go. In a way, it wouldn't be that tough in theory. Problem is, you need the other parties involved to cooperate. I don't expect them to have 3 lottery picks, but I will be surprised if no move at all is made.

If they get 3 lottery picks it needs to not involve next years pick as they will probably be pretty bad next year too.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

if Embiid goes #1 and philly really wants Wiggins, I could see them trying to move up and this allows the bucks to take parker and get #10, maybe you have to throw in #31 or 36 too. Then you can look at a Gordon.

Of course it depends if the bucks think one of the 2 is much better than the other. We have no idea who they favor.

Archived