Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey

I am still hoping the new owners will clean house when they officially take over. I don't see any reason why they would want to keep around the staff that led to this mess in the first place. Just start fresh. Timing is an issue though; they would need to act immediately to give the new staff time to prepare for the draft.

I agree on Jackson; I think he has some ego issues and would struggle in a rebuilding situation. I have no idea who I would look to for the Bucks but there has got to be someone better than Drew or Jackson. I don't really follow the NBA close enough to know who the up and coming assistant coaches are that the Bucks could go after.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The owners need to get approved ASAP. They're going to need time to rehire a GM and a coach...and give those people enough time to prepare for the draft (which I believe is at the end of June). That's roughly only 6-7 weeks from now. Do we know for sure when these new owners get finalized and approved?

probably reading too much into this, just went onto the bucks website, red has been completely removed from the scheme of the website. It is the two toned green. Could a logo / uniform change be in the very near future.

probably reading too much into this, just went onto the bucks website, red has been completely removed from the scheme of the website. It is the two toned green. Could a logo / uniform change be in the very near future.

Good observation. I know it's not great to live in the past, but I selfishly hope they go back to something like these (my all-time favorite Bucks unis):

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/225/full/7crnwjghkt5sg6rp9zgxkzco7.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/225/full/u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0823/nba_g_lucas_kh_576.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

there are now 7 coaching vacancies. I really hope that the NBA transfers ownership this week, so the new owners can formally evaluate hammond and drew. The bucks already will not be able to land top candidates, but I think they can get a quality coach with a top draft pick. They just have to make sure that the top candidates are not all gone.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
those were the bucks best uniforms, I know many fans do not like living in the past but its such a trend in the NBA I could see the bucks doing it. Atlanta just added an updated retro logo

I want to see something totally new and fresh, but not outrageous. I want to see the Bucks moving forward, not backward.

I guess in the overall scheme of things, the uniform doesn't matter, but for me personally, seeing my sports teams live in the past just doesn't do anything for me.

I would go back to the 90s purple unis if the trade-off was OJ Mayo, Udoh, et.c weren't wearing them next year!

How about having MKE on the road unis, similar to what ATL, OKC, (maybe others?) do? I think I would like that, would have to see the whole"look" though.

Sale is supposed to get approved today. Hopefully everyone's office is cleaned out over the weekend.....

I don't really have anything against Drew but the Bucks just need to start fresh. I will definitely be disappointed if Hammond is retained.

Drew I wouldn't mind I guess, though I'd fire him personally. Hammond on the other hand needs to be canned immediately.

Got the draft lottery next week, they'll have to move quickly to get a new staff in place to evaluate everyone in time. I have no real desired targets for coach or GM, just as long as they don't suck as much as Hammond.

Hopefully the sales is finalized today and official evaluations can begin.

Hammond needs to go, he told everyone that he built a team to make the playoffs and they promptly had the worst record in the league, and none of his signings appear to have worked out. I will admit that he has done a good draft drafting players in general though.

Drew was never really given a fair chance, but circumstances should lead to his dismissal too. There were 9 openings in the NBA so far, so the bucks need to move fast. I'll get disagreement on this but I'd look at Mike Woodson as a replacement. This year was a mess but last year he did a good job of turning around a knicks team that was pretty much the same as when he took over.

I rarely dream about sports, or remember my dreams for that matter, but last night I had a very vivid dream that the Magic won the lottery and got the 1st pick with the Bucks dropping to the 4 spot. Hopefully, this doesn't come to pass, but if it does I will be offering psychic readings.

I rarely dream about sports, or remember my dreams for that matter, but last night I had a very vivid dream that the Magic won the lottery and got the 1st pick with the Bucks dropping to the 4 spot. Hopefully, this doesn't come to pass, but if it does I will be offering psychic readings.

The Magic with the first pick is silly. Its going to be Lakers #1, Knicks #2, Celtics #3, while the Bucks drop to 4.

i have no idea why the NBA does the lottery in secret. With computers they can easily search in seconds what combination belongs to what team. It would make for much more dramatic TV and also ease the concerns of fans that it is rigged. Its really one of the top things i wish silver would change in the NBA.

The Magic with the first pick is silly. Its going to be Lakers #1, Knicks #2, Celtics #3, while the Bucks drop to 4.

That would be pretty impressive considering the Knicks don't have a pick. I would definitely agree the lottery is rigged then.

That would be pretty impressive considering the Knicks don't have a pick. I would definitely agree the lottery is rigged then.

"basketball reasons"

I am just not expecting the Bucks to get the 1st pick. My money is on the 3rd pick which means Wiggins and Parker will be gone and we get to draft the next Greg Oden. If we do get the 3rd pick and Wiggins and Parker are both gone I would rather they draft Exum or Randle.

I'm interested to see what they do with 3 2nd round picks, #1 next year, and various players they can move (Sanders, Sova, etc.) Hoping they can maneuver back into the middle of the 1st, and keep the first pick in the 2nd. That would give them 3 really good picks in a deep draft. Wish I felt great about Exum at #3 or #4, but other than seeing a couple video clips I know nothing about him.

I would be content just having that early 2nd round pick. The difference between say 25 and 35 is extremely minimal. Might as well keep all your picks and hopefully you get lucky with one out of the 3 2nd rounders. Now if you could do some package of picks and players to move up into the 15-22 range then maybe I would be interested. Ersan would appear to be the most tradeable but he does make too much.

Well tonight's the night. 25% chance...but realistically, I say the Bucks have about a 5% chance of landing the first or second pick. The NBA has too many other teams it wants to be better. I'm really hoping we land in the top 2 so we can get Wiggens or Parker. I guess worst case would be third and they can take a chance on Embiid, picking 4th would be highly disappointing.

Well tonight's the night. 25% chance...but realistically, I say the Bucks have about a 5% chance of landing the first or second pick. The NBA has too many other teams it wants to be better. I'm really hoping we land in the top 2 so we can get Wiggens or Parker. I guess worst case would be third and they can take a chance on Embiid, picking 4th would be highly disappointing.

Exum at #4 would be a great pick.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived