Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey
Philly's tank was historically strong, but it was no match for Milwaukee's ineptitude. Bucks officially finish with the worst record in the NBA. Awesome!
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a long season. One more game.

I'm going, I'm going to cheer for a victory, and I'm going to root for the #1 pick, a new owner, a new GM, and a new coach.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm not as excited about a #1 pick as I am about a new ownership group and new arena. There is no LeBron or Durant in this draft, I just don't see any of the top names as big difference makers. The draft is deep, and deep at the top, but there is not that franchise saving type of player I was hoping for.

The draft is deep, and deep at the top, but there is not that franchise saving type of player I was hoping for.

Those players are becoming more and more rare as the NBA draft is becoming like the MLB draft in that almost every pick now is based on potential. Players ready to contribute immediately are few and far between as more and more college players are leaving before they are ready. While there are no franchise saving players in this draft I'm happier that we get a top 4 pick in this draft than, say, last year's draft. This is a good draft to have a high pick in. It'd be a very good draft to have two first round picks in. Unfortunately the Bucks front office is too incompetent to have gotten that done like Philly and Orlando did.

I agree though. Above all Milwaukee needs a new arena. There will never be support to get in done with taxpayer money though so we are left to hope that Kohl sells the team and contributes hundreds (not the "s" at the end) of millions of dollars to get it done.

Parker officially declared so every player we thought was going to declare did.

No matter where the Bucks end up they should get a solid player. I am assuming the Bucks will end up with one of Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, or Exum. I really hope they end up with Wiggins or Parker; preferably Parker.

The new owners should present an interesting dynamic with the draft. We really have no idea what their philosophy will be. We knew Kohl wanted to win all the time; I wonder if the new guys would be willing to trade some young players for additional draft picks? Henson, Knight, and Middleton could all conceivably get MIL back into the first round if we give up a 2nd rounder or two as well.

I was somewhat surprised that Parker declared I thought he was going to go another year at Duke. If the Bucks get the #1 pick the safest pick would be Parker. It might be a better idea to trade down into the 5-10 range and get another 1st round pick next year. I am not sure there are any teams that will do this though. Might be able to trade one of the 2nd round picks to Dallas for their 1st round pick this year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks have pick #31 as well so essentially they have two first rounders. I'd be more than fine with any one of the big four plus someone like Patric Young with that first second round pick.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

With all the guys declaring early, this is a super deep draft. With having the first pick of round 2, we should definitely get a first round talent there. Might not be a star player, but certainly one that can contribute.

Bucks have pick #31 as well so essentially they have two first rounders. I'd be more than fine with any one of the big four plus someone like Patric Young with that first second round pick.

They'll have 1-4, 31, 36 and another 2nd rounder, 49, which is Toronto's that they got via Phoenix.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Second round picks are usually useless and often times don't even make rosters or get contracts. But when you're the worst team in the NBA, it's a super deep draft and you have 2 of the first 5 picks in the second round...that's a good thing. Now let's hope they fire Hammond so we can have a competent GM making the selections.

Second round picks are usually useless and often times don't even make rosters or get contracts. But when you're the worst team in the NBA, it's a super deep draft and you have 2 of the first 5 picks in the second round...that's a good thing. Now let's hope they fire Hammond so we can have a competent GM making the selections.

You can also trade those 2nd round picks for late 1st round picks to teams that are looking to add more cap space for free agent signings like Dallas, Miami, and other teams.

#31 is valuable. A lot of the deep teams late in the draft will draft European players that will not be in the league next season. Always players projected to be drafted in the early 20's fall to 31. They will get a good player and not have to sign him to a multi year guaranteed deal.

You can also trade those 2nd round picks for late 1st round picks to teams that are looking to add more cap space for free agent signings like Dallas, Miami, and other teams.

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps take the #31 and #36 pick and try to move up into the early to mid teens to grab a Doug McDermit, Clayanthony Early or a Nick Stauskis. Or maybe even the #31 and #49 and move into the mid to late 20's to grab a guy like Glenn Robinson III. Someone who has a lot of potential but needs time to develop.

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps take the #31 and #36 pick and try to move up into the early to mid teens to grab a Doug McDermit, Clayanthony Early or a Nick Stauskis. Or maybe even the #31 and #49 and move into the mid to late 20's to grab a guy like Glenn Robinson III. Someone who has a lot of potential but needs time to develop.

I'd love to see the Bucks get Robinson. A lot of mocks have him falling into the second round, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not. One guy that I'd love to trade into the first for would be Napier. He probably won't be a star, but I think he will be in the league for a long time.

or just use a late 2nd on Giannis' little brother to help convince Big Giannis to stay in Milwaukee long-term.

Giannis has said that he doesn't want to be on the same team as his brother because they play the same position. that being said if he is on the board at 36, I'd take him.

Robinson is the type of player that could fall to 31. He won't be a star, but he will contribute. He does play the same position as wiggins or parker if that's where the bucks go with their 1st though. The advantage of keeping atleast 31 and 36 is that you don't have to sign these players to guaranteed deals and they are for only 1 year before they become restricted free agents. This gives the bucks some protection if they mess up the pick. If they get a 2nd first rounder he will have to be signed for 4 years guaranteed. The bucks have some $ issues by signing all of the free agents they did last summer to multi year deals.

Robinson is the type of player that could fall to 31. He won't be a star, but he will contribute. He does play the same position as wiggins or parker if that's where the bucks go with their 1st though. The advantage of keeping atleast 31 and 36 is that you don't have to sign these players to guaranteed deals and they are for only 1 year before they become restricted free agents. This gives the bucks some protection if they mess up the pick. If they get a 2nd first rounder he will have to be signed for 4 years guaranteed. The bucks have some $ issues by signing all of the free agents they did last summer to multi year deals.

They have $ issues, but even moreso they have roster spot issues. They already have 11 guys signed for next year, I believe, that doesn't include Udoh.

• 3 weeks later...
With Mark Jackson being fired by GS, does anyone think he would be interested in the Milwaukee HC job? I know Drew is still the coach, but maybe with the new ownership group, they'd look to bring in a new GM, new coach, and hopefully first pick in the 2014 draft. Knight, Wiggins/Parker, Giannis, Henson, Sanders. Would Jackson be interested in coaching that group?

I don't want any part of Jackson. From what I've seen, he's not done a very good job with Golden State. He also seems to have problems playing in the sandbox with others.

In my view, this team needs a low ego guy who is willing to teach and build. They also need someone to police the locker room more effectively than recent years. No more retreads.

I don't want any part of Jackson. From what I've seen, he's not done a very good job with Golden State. He also seems to have problems playing in the sandbox with others.

In my view, this team needs a low ego guy who is willing to teach and build. They also need someone to police the locker room more effectively than recent years. No more retreads.

Hasnt done a good job with Golden State? The team was awful when he took over and the last two years he was 98-66. They lost in the 2nd round to the Spurs last season and then in 7 to a very good Clippers team. If Golden State was in the East they would be the second best team. Jackson is getting punished for being in a far superior conference. There has to be more to this story than on the court performance. Golden State is a poorly constructed team outside of the guard play. In the playoffs they were starting Draymond Green, a rapidly declining Iguodala and then David Lee at C. To go to 7 with the Clippers with that being your front court is pretty impressive.

Archived