Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
could the NBA even pretend anymore that it doesn't rig the draft if LA got the first pick? but if they don't get the #1, they can always just pay to have LeBron come there next year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is there really any doubt that the Lakers are going to somehow get the 1st or 2nd pick? It almost seems inevitable to me. NBA would rather have the superstars in LA or PHI than MIL.

I imagine the Bucks will be caught by Philly pretty soon as that team has all but given up. They don't even try anymore.

I will go out and say Milwaukee ends up with the 4th pick and Hammond does something stupid.

You are quite the optimist.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

http://grantland.com/features/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo/

An amazing article here on Giannis, the Bucks, and everything in between.

Hammond: "We've come to the realization that, for a small market team like ourselves, if we're gonna add an impact player, the most logical way to do that is through the draft".

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. BAD WORDS.

REALLY!!???

REALLY!??

I mean..... You want to just jump in there and add "We've FINALLY come to the realization....." for him.

IDIOT. IDIOT.

CLOWNSHOES.

This article only confirms all the things we already knew about the Bucks, and Hammond, and Kohl, but this literally made me want to punch things, and throw things through walls.

http://grantland.com/features/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo/

An amazing article here on Giannis, the Bucks, and everything in between.

Hammond: "We've come to the realization that, for a small market team like ourselves, if we're gonna add an impact player, the most logical way to do that is through the draft".

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. BAD WORDS.

REALLY!!???

REALLY!??

I mean..... You want to just jump in there and add "We've FINALLY come to the realization....." for him.

IDIOT. IDIOT.

CLOWNSHOES.

This article only confirms all the things we already knew about the Bucks, and Hammond, and Kohl, but this literally made me want to punch things, and throw things through walls.

I think the majority is on Kohl. I'm pretty sure Hammond knows that picking 15th every year isn't a good way to build a team but Herbie needed that 8th seed so...

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Philadelphia isn't going to win another game all year. Right now they have a 3 game lead on the Bucks. I don't know what the tie breaker is but the Bucks beat Philly 2 outta 3 times. So I think if the Bucks want to guarantee a top 4 pick they can't win more than 2 more games all year.

Philadelphia isn't going to win another game all year. Right now they have a 3 game lead on the Bucks. I don't know what the tie breaker is but the Bucks beat Philly 2 outta 3 times. So I think if the Bucks want to guarantee a top 4 pick they can't win more than 2 more games all year.

Good news for the Bucks. Head to head record isn't taken into consideration.

Per Wikipedia

"In the event that teams finish with the same record, each tied team receives the average of the total number of combinations for the positions that they occupy. In 2007, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Portland Trail Blazers tied for the sixth worst record. The average of the 6th and 7th positions in the lottery was taken, resulting in each team getting 53 combinations (the average of 63 and 43). Should the average number not be an integer, a coin flip is then used to determine which team or teams receive the extra combination(s). The result of the coin flip is also used to determine who receives the earlier pick in the event that neither of the tied teams wins one of the first three picks via the lottery."

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Only four of the Bucks next 14 games are at home, so that takes some of the pressure off. Biggest threats are Orlando and the Lakers at home. Probably 50/50 against Orlando and 75/25 they beat the Lakers. So Philly should still have at least a one-game lead with six to play.

Speaking of the Lakers, what really ticks me off is that they got Kendall Marshall for free. 12th overall pick in 2012, and Washington waives him in October. He sat out there for almost two months, so everybody in the NBA could have had him, but the Bucks could have and should have signed him before the Lakers, especially when Knight was out for almost three weeks in November.

cripes, i checked on the game in the 3rd Quarter and it seemed like the Bucks were on the right track, but they had to go and blow it by winning. how is it that when you finally actually want the Bucks to lose, they can't even do that right.

boy, just imagine if one or even two players decide to play another year in college, the Bucks end up with the 3rd or 4th pick and we end up with another helper instead of a star.

Embiid should be off the board for the Bucks IMO; way to many injury problems have popped up recently. You don't want this to be another Oden/Durant situation. Wiggins had a hell of a game last week against WVU even though the team lost. Hopefully the Bucks get #1 or #2 and get Parker or Wiggins. If not then I am not sure what the back up plan should be; perhaps trade down a couple spots?

I'll take Wiggins, Parker, or Exum over Embiid at this point. I'd much rather take a chance at 4 on Embiid over Smart or Randle though. Embiid still has a lot of upside.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

including the option year, there's a $3.8M difference between being drafted #1 and #4. maybe this is a case where it would pay for Embiid to stay in school another year.

The difference between #4, and one more back injury will be a lot more than 3.8M, though. I think he has to come out now.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Embiid just sounds like another Greg Oden to me. A big guy with a ridiculous amount of potential but also a guy who has potential to miss a ton of time.

If the Bucks end up at #1 or #2 they better take Parker or Wiggins. If they end up at #3 it could get a little tricky picking between Exum and Embiid if he comes out. You might even want to trade down a couple spots at that point; I am sure there will be some team in love with Embiid and willing to give up another 1st rounder.

Knowing the Bucks, I think they take Smart if they get the #3 pick. I just don't know enough about Exum to now if that would be a big mistake passing on him. Trading down at that point would make sense too, I would be fine trading down and getting Vonleh and Ennis as an example. Philly and Orlando have multiple picks and could be trading partners.

They could also use a combination their three 2nd round picks and/or players (Henson, Sanders come to mind) to trade UP and have 2 lottery picks. Parker and Ennis would be nice.

I like Smart's game, but I'm thinking he's going to have some difficulty transitioning to the NBA. His skills are more suited toward being a 2 guard, but his size is suited for the 1. He's likely to be a combo guard, in my view will probably will turn out closer to a Brandon Knight as opposed to a Dwayne Wade.

I agree Cougars, Smart is a tweener. This may change tomorrow, but I have changed my mind on the #1, and now like Wiggins over Parker.

I have seen them both quite a bit this year, and I think Parker may have the same issue as Smart- he's a bit of a tweener himself. He really needs to be a 3 in the NBA, but I think he will really struggle defensively. On offense, just not sure he'll be able to do a ton on his own off the bounce. He looks a little mechanical to me. Don't get me wrong, a lot to like about him.

Wiggins just keeps looking better, and I think his game translates better to the NBA. In a more open offense I thik Wiggins will really shine.

I'd take parker or wiggins over the others. I think Parker is the safest choice, he is from chicago so milwaukee's climates wouldn't affect him and he would be close to family. Being a mormon means that he wouldn't be looking for the hottest clubs so a city like Milwaukee would be decent fit.

Archived