Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2013–2014

1992casey
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love it if Embiid and Parker went back to school. The Bucks would still get someone like Wiggens, Smart, Exum, or Randle and next years draft would be that much stronger with those two at the top of the list.

You make a good point, I was rooting for most of those guys to enter the draft but the Bucks are likely to be top 4 and still not good enough to make the playoffs next year so the only way for the Bucks to get two of those players at this point is hope for some to stay in school or not declare.

Hey the won last night!!!

And Butler managed to jack up a shot basically every time he touched the ball. At least he was making his shots last night; the guy is just a black hole.

It was Butler's bobblehead night last night... coincidence?

Just was wondering what this team would have looked like if we had gotten Teague (a better offer may have grabbed him). Would we have done the same Jennings deal and played Knight as a swing guard, which I think is a much better role for him. With 40 odd games left what will the team allow Giannis to do? He needs the ball in his hands more and is being stymied.

I also would love to know if the Cavs have an interested in Ilyasova or the like in a deal for Anthony Bennett.

Also did anyone notice the line Tobias Harris put up the other night? 28 points and 20 rebounds. Sure glad we got 1/2 year of JJ Redick and a 4 game playoff beat down for Harris.

I need to stop checking the Magic's box scores it never fails to piss me off.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Also did anyone notice the line Tobias Harris put up the other night? 28 points and 20 rebounds. Sure glad we got 1/2 year of JJ Redick and a 4 game playoff beat down for Harris.

I still want to know how he can be that good if two different coaches refused to play him here.

I know Kohl is likely calling the shots with the GM, but is Kohl influencing the coaches too?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
With Harris, the Bucks more than likely do not have Giannis and more than likely do not have the worst record in the NBA this year. Yes, it was a dumb move but in the long run it might be for the best.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

Here's a fun little tool if you have some time to kill. It's a mock draft but instead of just going from worst record to best record it actually plays the lottery and changes that mock depending on how the lottery turns out. I'll tell you what no matter how it turns out Philly usually ends up with two of the top 11 picks. If we get the #1 or #2 pick I'd be very tempted to trade that pick and maybe a John Henson for those two picks. The draft has enough talent that you can still get a quality player at 3 or 4 and another one at 11 or 12. Some combination of Randle/Wiggins/Embiid/Exum/Smart along with Gary Harris/Vonleh/Willie Cauley-Stein/James Young would help this team out a lot

Exum at #4 and Harris at #11 would be awesome if you ask me. We finally would have some quality guard play to go along with the big guys. Although I should say that I am pleasantly surprised by Knight. Knight and Exum would be a nice 1/2 with Harris providing some scoring off of the bench. Wolters can be that 4th guard in the rotation

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

Here's a fun little tool if you have some time to kill. It's a mock draft but instead of just going from worst record to best record it actually plays the lottery and changes that mock depending on how the lottery turns out. I'll tell you what no matter how it turns out Philly usually ends up with two of the top 11 picks. If we get the #1 or #2 pick I'd be very tempted to trade that pick and maybe a John Henson for those two picks. The draft has enough talent that you can still get a quality player at 3 or 4 and another one at 11 or 12. Some combination of Randle/Wiggins/Embiid/Exum/Smart along with Gary Harris/Vonleh/Willie Cauley-Stein/James Young would help this team out a lot

If the Bucks could get #3 and #11 I would do that in a heartbeat. Draft one of the top four guys at #3 and then take a guy like Harris at #11.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If the Bucks get the #1 or #2, they had better not trade it for multiple picks. Wiggins is really coming on, and (defense aside) Parker would be the best player on the Bucks right now. Personally, I think that there is a big drop off after those two. Embiid is getting hyped to the moon, but I think there are some question marks on him. I thought that the whole point here was to go for the superstar, not to get multiple 'pieces'.

I think Exum has as much chance to be a superstar as Wiggins personally. Embiid has the highest ceiling, but a lower floor than Parker, Wiggins, Exum, or even Smart. If Embiid can be a complete player at both ends of the floor, not many of those guys in the NBA. I just fear if he somehow ebded up a SPur he will be a superstar, but as a Buck he will never develop. Can't help it, it's how I feel.

Bottom line, the Bucks need a scorer. That's why I feel that they can't take a risk on Embiid. It seems that bigs taken high lottery bust at a much greater rate than average. The Bucks need someone to create a buzz, and I could see Embiid taking a while to develop. You will probably see a lot of 14 minute/5 foul stat lines from him at the beginning as well. They have to take whoever will make the most immediate impact. I have never seen Exum play outside of highlights, so I have to admit that I know nothing about him. However, I'd be pretty nervous about taking a guy from overseas that high. Most of them since Dirk have been disappointments at varying levels.

Hearing completely unsubstantiated (to be clear - I think they are false and just speculation) rumblings of Kyrie Irving for our unprotected #1 for 2014........really not sure how I would feel about this

I do see a risk that Embiid/and our Parker do not come out, we get the 4 pick in the draft, and we end up with Smart, who I just do not see as a point.

Is Irving a head case that would not fit well with Giannis - who I think could blossom into Magic Johnson with proper coaching and a little vision.

Edit: just for the heck of it i gave the espn trade machine 100 chances to simulate the lottery.....Bucks picked 4th 40 times, 1st 33 times, 2nd 15 times and 3rd 12 times

Bottom line, the Bucks need a scorer. That's why I feel that they can't take a risk on Embiid. It seems that bigs taken high lottery bust at a much greater rate than average. The Bucks need someone to create a buzz, and I could see Embiid taking a while to develop. You will probably see a lot of 14 minute/5 foul stat lines from him at the beginning as well. They have to take whoever will make the most immediate impact. I have never seen Exum play outside of highlights, so I have to admit that I know nothing about him. However, I'd be pretty nervous about taking a guy from overseas that high. Most of them since Dirk have been disappointments at varying levels.

Drafting for need in the NBA is a good way to stay in the lottery every year. Take the absolute best player available. If you think Embiid will be all-world and Wiggins will just be really good then you take Embiid regardless of who is on your roster.

My question with Embiid is can he shoot, and can he convert free throws? He definitely has shown some nifty post moves, but he's going to need to hit those short/mid-range jumpers in the NBA. I don't think that he will be able to dominate the paint from the get go He definitely has the body and potential to be a force to reckoned with on the defensive end, but the Bucks have put a lot of eggs in Sanders' basket to do that.

My question with Embiid is can he shoot, and can he convert free throws? He definitely has shown some nifty post moves, but he's going to need to hit those short/mid-range jumpers in the NBA. I don't think that he will be able to dominate the paint from the get go He definitely has the body and potential to be a force to reckoned with on the defensive end, but the Bucks have put a lot of eggs in Sanders' basket to do that.

Fair questions. I guess I'm not advocating taking Embiid #1 I was just using him as a hypothetical. But I don't think the presence of Sanders should prevent the Bucks from taking a center. Frankly, the only untouchable on that roster is Giannis.

Bottom line, the Bucks need a scorer.

Bottom line, Bucks need everything. Yea, they need a scorer but that's easier to get than a true center who is really good on both ends of the court. (Not saying Embiid is or will be.) But if they really believe he will, then it's hard not to go that way.

This is one step at a time, no matter who they take they still have a long way to go. If the draft was today, I would take Parker.

I think Embiid only falls into the equation if one or both of Wiggins and Parker don't declare or if the Bucks fall to #3 or worse. The Bucks piack #1 or #2 and both Parker and Wiggins declare I just cant see them passing them up in favor of a "project" that is Embiid. Herb Kohl is impatient; he will probably tell Hammond to take the more NBA ready player. I still go with Parker if we get the #1; but performances in the NCAA tournament will go a long ways towards deciding spots #1-5. If Parker, Wiggins, Embid, Randle, Smart, etc just blow up in the tourney you can move up a lot of draft boards

Archived