Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
I think I've gotten lazy and fallen into that trap on message boards. It's a whole lot worse when broadcasters do it, though. That drives me nuts.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody get special orders and it seems as if the restaurant is picking on you on purpose? For example, at Taco Bell this morning, I ordered an item without lettuce and another item without onions. The one item had one piece of lettuce on it and the other item had two freakin onions. Like they were laughing in my face. Bwahahhaha, we put an onion on there, see if you can find it!

Yeah, I hate when restaurants can't get really simple things right. I'll go to White Castle and literally be the only person ordering and they still can't get that I asked for no pickles.

When I worked at a restaurant, I hated when we'd make a special order and people claimed we didn't. For example, we had a family that didn't eat pork, so they'd order a pizza that typically came with sausage and have us substitute beef. Then EVERY time they'd call back and complain that it was pork. One time my manager when so far as to have everyone working WATCH him make the pizza with ground beef - they called back (trying to get a free pizza). People would ask for their pizza well done and call back to complain that it wasn't, but I guess that depends on your definition of "well done", as ours was 1 1/2 trips through the oven and yours is apparently cooked until the crust is black.

Does anybody get special orders and it seems as if the restaurant is picking on you on purpose? For example, at Taco Bell this morning, I ordered an item without lettuce and another item without onions. The one item had one piece of lettuce on it and the other item had two freakin onions. Like they were laughing in my face. Bwahahhaha, we put an onion on there, see if you can find it!

That happens all the time when I go to Taco Bell. I don't get lettuce on my tacos, and there's always a couple of strands on each one. My guess is that they don't change gloves or something so it accidently gets mixed in, although it would be kind of funny if they did it on purpose.

Yeah, I hate when restaurants can't get really simple things right. I'll go to White Castle and literally be the only person ordering and they still can't get that I asked for no pickles.

I don't go there very often, but I'd say they get my order correct maybe half the time. I usually hate when people are demeaning toward people who work at fast food places, but honestly I don't know how you can be so bad at a simple task.

If you're talking about fast food, my guess is that the meal is already made and they just pick out the topping you don't want and that's why there are a couple pieces left over. (This is purely conjecture on my part since I've never worked at a fast food restaurant.)

the thing is about fast food is the workers there are so used to making everything the same way. imagine how many tacos one person has to make per week, and then one guy comes in and wants his a special way. that's not to say no lettuce is particularly difficult, but the request is beyond routine.

the thing is about fast food is the workers there are so used to making everything the same way. imagine how many tacos one person has to make per week, and then one guy comes in and wants his a special way. that's not to say no lettuce is particularly difficult, but the request is beyond routine.

Can't...resist... ... ...must...add...lettuce...AHHH!

I miss White Castle, cheap and yummy.

We had a frat house in Eau Claire (1404 State!) that 2 guys always ordered their garlic bread well done. For about 2 weeks, they would call the next time and say it wasn't done enough and to "burn it". Finally, the manager sent out an order that looked like 2 large pieces of charcoal...they never ordered again, to my knowledge.

What's bugging me today is that every time I watch a baseball game on FOX or FSN, they have to play that crappy, ear-splitting guitar solo every time they go in & out of a commercial. The song sucks, it's sucked for 10 years, and it's just freaking annoying.

Sorry for the special order people but one of the things that drive me crazy is people making special orders at fast food restaurants, especially Taco Bell. I always seem to get behind the person who takes forever to order because they have to add and subtract things to every item. Sunday afternoon I could hear the woman at the drive thru in front of me order a Taco Supreme with no sour cream and no tomatoes. Isn't that just a regular taco?

I think if I worked in a fast food restaurant I would purposely make the items with extra tomatos or whatever just so I could hear people complain about it and point out that fast food is exactly that, fast food, not gourmet, not cooked to special requests, just $3 worth of junk crammed in a paper bag.

I think if I worked in a fast food restaurant I would purposely make the items with extra tomatos or whatever just so I could hear people complain about it and point out that fast food is exactly that, fast food, not gourmet, not cooked to special requests, just $3 worth of junk crammed in a paper bag.

Uh, what? Just because it's not gourmet people shouldn't choose what they want? That's a terrible idea.

Me and my friends went to an AandW a few years back. We were starving. One of my friends HATES pickles. He orders a burger with no pickles, he gets his burger, there are 3 pickles, he walks up and goes, I asked for no pickles. They say, ok, he gets a new burger, there are still pickles, but no onions. So he takes it back, tells them again that he ordered no pickles but they took off the onions. So they make him a new burger, and this one was wrapped up, he opens it. Inside they put 21! pickles on it. He looks at us, and goes....wow....I am not even going to take this back...he ate it, we all laughed. I could only imagine what those workers were thinking. Absolute hilarity.

Left backs that head the ball into their own net in the 95th minute, giving up a priceless away goal.
I had to read this three times before I realized what was going on. Left... back... head? Ball.

Soccer bugs me, I think in a lot of the same ways that people are bugged by baseball. No disrespect to the game meant. Go Glastonbury or something.

And another thing... I washed my hair an hour ago and it's still not dry. I think this means I need my twice-yearly haircut. Hair cuts bug me. I usually tip more when they talk to me less.

Archived