Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people who don't read a thread before posting.

Just because a thread mentioned Ned Yost, does not mean it is a "bash Ned Yost" thread...

Just because a thread mentioned Gagne, does not mean the topic is his latest struggles...

Know-It-Alls.

simple work conversation and Lenin's name happens to come up. out of nowhere "oh, you mean Vladimir Ilyich Uluanov?"

yes yes, you know his full name. terrific. so do i, but this ain't Jeopardy, you don't get points with anyone just for knowing something.

what's with the "visit Minnesota" commericals on FSN-WI? Yes, I realize it's part of the FSN-North "network" but, still, can't they take out those commercials and replace them with the Klement's Sausage Race theme song commercial? At least that one I can mock because I am a musician.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

simple work conversation and Lenin's name happens to come up. out of nowhere "oh, you mean Vladimir Ilyich Uluanov?"

Try putting up with it when they're wrong. Mine would say "oh yeah, ["fact" that isn't a fact] good thing he's finally not the president of Cuba anymore. I know someone whose ADHD was cured by colonics and a magnet bracelet, so obviously they work and you're just a moron. I can't believe Microsoft and Disney are gonna send me on a trip for testing their email, put me down for those days off. No, the guy who sent the email is a lawyer and said it's legit."

I just bought There Will Be Blood on DVD. Great movie. Met my huge expectations going into it.

But the packaging on this thing sucks. It's made out of cardboard and it's already scratched after just watching it once. It's basically just a hallmark card protecting the disc. I'm all about saving the environment or whatever, but not at the cost of my movie collection.

Job hunting.

Companies interviewing me for positions even though I am completely not qualified for them. A 2 minute phone call would've saved me 2 hours of driving to Chicago and back.

GRRR.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Job hunting SUUUUCKS. I've been having a devil of a time exploring my options lately. I've talked to one place (their administrator is known for being a tad unorganized) about an open position and am still waiting for a callback a month later. I'm pretty sure it's not the case that they aren't interested, as they emailed my former professor and asked for a recommendation, and she recommended me (that's how I found out about the job), plus I did short-term contract work with them in the past and things went very well.

When I just sent out resumes to places in my field instead of answering ads, I had several places, after I thought I made it clear that I was not desperate, have me go through the whole process and then offer me a crappy bachelor's-level job and act offended when I don't accept. I got so mad I asked one lady "is this the only position you have? I mean, did you have a higher position open and I wasn't a good fit so you offered this?" She replied that the offered job was the only opening they had. I got even more mad and asked her what kind of moron she thought I was and asked why she wasted everyone's time interviewing me for a $28,000 position with weak benefits and only 1 weekend off per month.

I will third the job hunting sucks sentiment. I had an interview a month ago for my dream job and I thought it went very well all around. I understand that it's time-consuming, but once you bring people in for a second round of interviews and they follow up, the polite thing to do is let them know when a decision has been made. And today I got a call about another job I interviewed for last week. My phone interview was Monday; they called back the very next day and asked me to come into the office later in the week. So they called and I got all excited but it was just to say they enjoyed meeting me but will bringing more people in. Sigh. If I can't get hired to do the exact same thing I'm doing now....I know it shouldn't be an ego blow but it's hard not to take it that way.

okay, this is a dumb one.

That Disney commercial with the parents looking at prices on the internet while the kids are sleeping and then the pumpkin chariot shows up when the folks decide that they can afford $1600. It's not the concept of the commercial that bugs me but the very opening scene.

The outdoor shot above their house makes it appear that it is late evening after the kids are in bed and the parents can do their "planning." But the part that bugs me is the moon. The moon image that they use is past a last quarter moon, which would only be visible in the sky in the pre-dawn hours and NOT in the evening. Sorry, Disney, but I highly doubt that parents are up at 4:30 am researching travel prices, not to mention that the sky gets darker as the commercial moves on.

Told you it was dumb. But it still bugs me every time I see it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

not to mention that the sky gets darker as the commercial moves on.

Disney magic trumps all facets of astronomy, and probably all facets of the natural universe.

My little confession: I've never been very interested in Disney. Even as a kid, I never wanted to go to Disney World or Disneyland.

As a teenager, I dated a guy whose family went to Disney World; he sent me a postcard from the park every day they were there, declaring that he was going to take me to Epcot some day (Epcot was new then). I remember thinking, "do I have to?"

Just another thing that makes me a little less typically American.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I went to DisneyWorld for the first time in third grade and thought it was awesome. Then again, it was my first time on an airplane/leaving the Midwest that I'd remember (I guess I'd been Southeast when I was like 3). We went again when I was in sixth grade and it already wasn't as fun anymore, feeling like I was too "old" to enjoy it. I guess it all depends on what you like, but apparently once when I was 8 was enough for me.

That the regional FOX coverage in Philly today is of the Yankees v. Red Son instead of the Brewers and Mets. Seriously. That is ridiculous. At just about any other time of the season, you'd see the Mets game. Bah. Now I've got to figure out what to do with the rest of my afternoon.

My little confession: I've never been very interested in Disney. Even as a kid, I never wanted to go to Disney World or Disneyland.
I went when I was in 1st grade - so I don't really remember much.

But my parents took us again when I was a sophomore in HS. My brother was a junior and my sister an 8th grader. Worst vacation ever.

The Bucks are horrible.

I was able to sit in a luxury box tonight, because a friend of mine who works at a big law firm couldn't find anyone else to take them. The box wasn't even full, because they couldn't give the tickets all away.

Sitting in the luxury box next to us was the new GM, Hammond. Well, last year, around the same time...I went with my friend to a Bucks game in the same luxury box because the Bucks were so bad no one would take the tickets. Last year, we marveled at Larry Harris sitting next to us. This year it was Hammond.

Some things don't change.

But here is my real vent...Can the Bucks turn off the freakin music and just play basketball!!!

At least 80% of the time, something is being blasted over the loud speakers. Its just 2 straight hours of crappy music and stupid fan chants. Let me watch the game!

I'm really going to endear my self to a lot of posters on this site who do this (I have probably done it once or twice myself, but I really try not to), but it really bothers me when people refer to a team they root for as we or us, as in:

"We're going to win the World Series!"

"We're not going to be able to win without Bret Favre"

"The new seating in Miller park will give us more revenue"

Sorry, you're not going to win, the Brewers are going to win. You're going to watch the Brewers win. I know, I know.....someone is going to argue that the fans are part of the team. Until I (we) start receiving a paycheck, I'll submit that they are not.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived