Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People clipping their nails at work.

i lifeguarded at my college pool. i never saw people doing it, but i'd always find fingernails and toenails just lying on the deck. indeed, it was very gross to walk around barefoot and step on somebody's toenail. so i'd walk around with orange construction cones and place them over the landmines.

Toilet seat covers are used to add color and/or match other colors. I will say this, if you sit on the closed toilet, like when watching your child bathe, it is rather uncomfy. Ours could use a cover, a nice fuzzy soft one.
Those soft, fuzzy toilet seat covers bug the crap out of me. My mom always had one on the toilet at home, and because of how thick it was it kept the seat from being able to stay up. So basically, I was always trying to take care of business while holding the seat up at the same time. Very annoying.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I was always trying to take care of business while holding the seat up at the same time. Very annoying.
Oh man, I've been there before. Yes, very annoying.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I've also encountered those covers that make the seat fall down. And as hawing says, cleanliness comes to mind, too. The third issue is that they love to pop off when you try to slip them over the seat back. Spending two to four minutes trying to get one of those to stay on is a major annoyance.

My dad has three of those things. I think my mom left them to him in her will. She was an excellent housekeeper, though, so you could safely disregard the cleanliness issue.

Anyway, I've instituted a system that balances practicality and honors my mom's apparent like for those things:

• The one for my dad's master bath is washed and in the closet. It only has to come out if he really thinks guests he wants to impress might see that bathroom. That'll happen approximately never.
  • The one for the main floor guest bathroom (that's always clean and only used by guests) has the cover in place.
  • I'm the most frequent upstairs bathroom guest. The cover goes in the closet when I'm the only one visiting. When I leave, the bathroom is cleaned and the cover goes back on.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm getting annoyed with chips and dip. I buy a whole bag of chips and a whole jar of dip, and as the jar gets lower and more difficult to maneuver, the chips get smaller. This makes no sense. The thick, strong chips should be at the bottom of the bag so that they can reach the bottom of the jar, and the crumbs should be on the top, thus making the dipping experience harmonious.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Last week a friend of mine from another school asked if I wanted to join a fantasy league with some guys from his dorm, cause they needed another one. It's only 10 bucks so I figured why not. Silly me didn't pay too much attention to the stat categories until the day of the draft (today) so I was in for a real treat. Included are: singles, errors, No Hitters (!) and Grand Slams. I already brought up the singles issue and someone said "I think we should keep them, I mean it's only one category and everyone gets them so why not?" At least Tony Gwynn Jr. now has value.

This isn't really bugging me that much but I didn't want to find the "...Pointless" thread.

• 2 weeks later...
People clipping their nails at work.

I think I can top this.

At my workplace, I've been asked to clear out a section of study carrels because the space is going to be renovated for another use. One of the (now former) occupants left used Stridex and Oxy pads all over this little room.

Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. I cannot say "yuck" enough.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yikes. This may not be as gross, but when I worked at Cousin's someone Najeh Davenported onto the middle of the bathroom floor. The good thing is I helped clean it up so I got a bunch of free food. (Yes, you still had to pay for food even though you worked there...)

I've mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating: ask that the package be opened before you leave the store, and let the employee cut his/her hand.

• 2 weeks later...
How come I never seem to run into that? I've heard of other people running into it, too, and I'm sure I've posted more than once in a minute.

this would be too simple to be correct, but, perhaps that error is waived for administrators? Especially since they are administrating rather than just posting blather on the net (well, at least in theory, that's what you should be doing--we all know that's not true 100% of the time http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think I've posted twice in less than a minute at boards where I'm not an admin. I have some test profiles and a test board; I'll have to try it in an environment where I don't affect anyone.

We can actually turn off this feature. (It's called flood control.) Before doing that, we should know how much we'd be increasing the chances of having something bad happen. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

if you've ever lifeguarded you know the joy of cleaning up vomit and poo. vomit is actually the worst because it floats in the water and spreads out all over. the interesting thing about poo is that the kids will see it and then want to dive to it to get a closer look. i once had the joy of cleaning out a urinal that hadn't been cleaned in 25 years.

Archived