Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
extremely passive drivers are bugging me.

No kidding. If this winter has proven anything, it's that Wisconsinites really don't know how to drive in less-than-perfect conditions. When it's snowing but 32 degrees and the roads are nothing but water, it's no different than driving in light rain ... no reason to go 45 mph on the expresssway ... a concept 95% of drivers around here can't grasp. I'm sick of being the fastest driver on the road.

I'll definitely slow down to well below the speed limit if someone is on my ass while I'm going like 7-10 over, which is probably about usual for me.

If you're in the left lane and someone behind you wants to go faster than you, you should expect someone to ride your tail (I would) if you don't move over. If you're referring to being in the center lane when this happens, that's a little different.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're in the left lane and someone behind you wants to go faster than you, you should expect someone to ride your tail (I would) if you don't move over. If you're referring to being in the center lane when this happens, that's a little different.

It irritates me when people sit in the center lane and traffic on both sides of them are passing them. The sign that says "Slower traffic keep right" should be paid a little more attention.

When I traveled to Minnesota last year, I noticed a theme for their drivers to never move over when they are in the left lane regardless how closely you follow them or for how long.

valpocrewsader wrote:

I don't do that on highways, I was talking more about residential areas. A lot of times in areas around my house (where it's basically 25 everywhere) I'll be driving, say about 33, and people are on my tail. That's when it bothers me cause clearly there's people's frontyards about 6 feet to the right of us. I will agree with you about the drivers in bad weather, though. Unless your tires are terrible or you're learning to drive, you don't need to go 15 under when there's a light snow or something.

Sick people really need to stay home.

I'll plead guilty here. If I'm sick, there's no way I stay home. I save my sick days for "playing hooky".

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Thank you Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Thank you for overtaxing me by a large amount, yet returning my mailed tax return due to it being short postage by $0.17. Thank Dog that I will never pay state income taxes again.

The Green Bay Packer media in general bugs me because of such overbearing coverage but the term "Packer People" really ticks me off. When Corey Williams had his Cleveland press conference they made it seem like he was trashin' the organization and off course had to get one "Packer People" in the one minute story.

I'm getting really sick of the engine oil lotion soap in public bathrooms. I can't even get a good lather. There needs to be a federal law for mandatory foamy soap dispensers.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Brett Favre is leaving...

I'm at a loss. I'm bugged, saddened, and shocked.

I am most bugged because the people of WI will not be able to give Brett a proper send off. It feels like being left at the alter.

Do people really say that, Chuckie, or do we only see it on message boards? I agree that "prolly" sucks.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I've seen it elsewhere (don't hold me to exactly where) and it makes me cringe every time.

Although I enjoy my annual day of watching state tournament basketball, most WIAA visitors to Madison bug me.

Psst: You don't own the city.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

mute point

FtJ, I've never agreed with you more--man, that's annoying.

I'm an editor, so it's extremely rare that someone turns a phrase incorrectly (you thought I'd say 'wrong'?). Instead what bugs me are the people who use rather antiquated and especially large words just to prove they're smart. I'm one to mispronounce things on purpose.

If I had to choose two, though (besides mute point--that's even hard to type), I'd go with "irregardless" and "very unique".

Archived