Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last week Kal Penn (the guy in Van Wilder and Harold and Kumar) and Scarlett Johansson were at the University of Minnesota to support Obama. I go to UW-La Crosse, and today I get an e-mail saying "Thursday on campus, celebrities Kal Penn and (cue me freaking out cause I'm thinking Scarlett Johansson is going to be here) and Brandon Routh will be here to support Obama." That was a big disappointment.

that on Tuesdays after work it takes me about 2 or 2 1/2 hours to read all my bookmarks. Most days, 45 minutes tops. TMQ and other stuff just updates on Tuesday so I read it all in one sitting.

At least TMQ is done until Draft time and then until August.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was driving to school this morning for my substitute job, and a train blocked the road for over 10 minutes. It moved forward, then stopped, then backed up, then stopped, then backed up some more. It bugs me that trains block main roads for that long during the morning rush. Couldn't they wait a half hour when there would be no traffic?

I sent an e-mail to a fellow sysadmin on how to run a specific command. He calls me back saying it doesn't work. After a couple minutes of over the phone troubleshooting, he tells me he put a space inside the base command. My forehead is slightly flatter and I have a headache from pounding my forehead on the desk. Thank God for the mute button.

A roommate of mine bought Rock Band a few days ago and in that time he and a number of other friends have proceeded to badly play annoying songs repeatedly and loudly, sometimes until 1 or 2 a.m.. I think they've also managed to ruin "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer for me. I might sabotage the X-Box between now and tomorrow morning.

The one time I played Rock Band, that song came up an awful lot. Then the Weezer offenders had the nerve to harsh on us playing the Jovi more than once.

I am currently bugged by the fact that Cooking Light recipe developers clearly have no idea how big a dutch oven is.

I think they've also managed to ruin "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer for me. I might sabotage the X-Box between now and tomorrow morning.

!!!! A couple of my friends played "My Name is Jonas" on GH 3 so incredibly often, that I skipped to the second track the last time I listened to The Blue Album.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
People that don't shovel and people that excessively pat themselves on the back are the two currently sticking in my craw.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

People that stand in a long line at Panera reading the menu then taking 10 minutes to order when they finally reach the register. Seriously, it isn't really that hard to pick two of a three choices; soup, salad or sandwich. It is lunch, not a life or death decision, so no need for detailed descriptions beyond what is written on the menu.

Why on earth would you ask the order taker to describe a sandwich called the Asiago Roast Beef only to declare after wasting everyone's time that you don't want to order that because you don't like roast beef.

extremely passive drivers are bugging me.

and why does every single car in North Carolina require 15 feet of room whenever they stop behind a car? at first it was just silly, but now i'm angered by it.

also women who hyphenate their last name when they get married, especially if they're both long names. do i really have to say the whole darn thing when I address you?

I don't mind passive drivers, it's the aggressive ones that piss me off. Why didn't you leave the house 15 minutes earlier? And why don't you switch to decaf? And please take a deep breath.

What's bugging me is that my neighbor across the street uses his circular saw to cut up scrap wood at 1am every-night. It's not the hour of night that bugs me though, it's the fact that I have no idea why he needs that wood so small. He never uses his fireplace (no chimney smoke).

Yeah, I'll second the aggressive drivers. I don't drive slow or anything, but impatient drivers really bother me. I'll definitely slow down to well below the speed limit if someone is on my ass while I'm going like 7-10 over, which is probably about usual for me.

Archived