Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People who don't move the slider things back to the 0 positions on the scale at the gym. I will concede that being bugged by this is probably a girl thing. I will also concede that I am having the kind of week where I am choosing to be irritated by the small things rather than deal with the big ones.

I think it's been mentioned on this thread before but I really don't get texting. I did it once only because a co-worker texted me. So I had to figure out how to text him back. The whole time I'm doing it I'm thinking...we both have phones, wouldn't it just be easier to verbally have this conversation?

Then I see this item on the news this morning were some guys vehical broke through the ice on a lake so he texted his family for help. He texted them!??! If there was ever a situation to pick up the phone and scream HELP!, I think that would be it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Texting is nice when you don't want to interrupt someone with a call or when at least one of the callers is in an environment where it's too loud or too quiet too call.

As opposed to leaving a voice mail, a text message goes straight to the phone, meaning the recipient doesn't have to dial in and punch a bunch of buttons to receive it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

People who don't move the slider things back to the 0 positions on the scale at the gym.

i had no idea that was a even a courtesy thing. but since you're going to have to move the pin from 0, what does it matter if you have to move it from 80, instead?

my gym just bought 20 new treadmills, and for a machine that just helps you walk in place, they each look like they've got supercomputers on top of them.

I have no problems with texting. It's low priority conversations, like my bears fan friend mocking me after the playoff loss, or other non-real time things.

I bet you this has been said, but those bluetooth headsets annoy me most. Not as much as the practicle application, but the people that leave it in their ear eve when no one is on the other line. Is it some kind of statement that you can afford of 30 dollar ear piece or that your phone has bluetooth, or you have some ego thing that you feel you need to have a magical wireless conversation with out putting that bulky and o so heavy phone to your ear?

A friend of mine has a blue-tooth head set, and wears it, All. The. Time. He's a 19 year old able-bodied person who's in pretty good shape, so it's not like it's a necessity for him. The funny thing is I've been in the car before when he's driving and he doesn't have it on, but if we're playing poker or something he's wearing it. Of course we all give him crap but it doesn't matter.

What's bugging me is the "OMGZ TOM BRADY IS?/ISN"T WEARING A BOOT IN PUBLIC?!?" The first time it was brought up, I can see how a Pats fan would be concerned about their awesome QB being injured. Showing the video of it all the freaking time is too much. I rarely watching Sportscenter, especially since the Packers are now done. However, is it too much to ask to want to watch it for college basketball highlights without seeing him walking to his car? My god.

I don't get why some people nod every 30 seconds when a teacher is lecturing. There's like 50 people in class and they act like they're personally being talked to. A girl in one of my classes must've nodded at least 75 times today.

what bugs me is i signed up for a year at a gym in small part to meet people, and i've discovered i'm the only one anywhere near my age, and i'm 30.

i'm debating telling them i'm moving away in order to break the contract, then just joining a different one. dilemma, though, is that should a girl my age actually join my gym one day, i'm like the only option, and that's pretty good odds. making general friends, though, that's not really happing there until i turn 50.

The traffic planning in this county absolutely sucks. When I moved away from milwaukee, I was only 15 and not yet driving. Since I've moved back this past fall, I've discovered this.

What's bugging me is the fact that the "stadium freeway" as i hear it is called only runs a freakin two miles. I believe it is technically hwy 41 that runs from Miller Park until only about North Ave. It is a "green" road on most maps and the ending signage even states "Freeway ends". On most days, I have to travel to brown deer road around 60th st and wish they would have built that damn freeway to run the entire length of the county. As it stands now, I have to drive all the way east to I-43, or all the way west to Hwy 45. Both of which are absolutely freaking crowded in the morning. Anybody ever try to get from the Hale Interchange to the Zoo interchange in the morning. Traffic is absolutely stopped on the interstate. Barring a major crash, it is my opinion that traffic should NEVER be STOPPED on a freakin expressway! That little stadium freeway is a nice little road, if it ran for more than two miles. I realize houses and businesses are established there, but my godness. Getting around this town in rush hour is absurd. I haven't timed it, but I bet I could get from brown deer road to College Ave using 76th St, quicker than using this city's interstate system. There, i'm done. my rant is over. thanks for listening.

OK, I'm home, let's see.....

Flight delayed going to Vegas, bag lost, flight delayed returning from Vegas, to allow late arriving passengers to board, missed connecting flight in Denver, was told "We can't hold a plane for late arrivals", dumped in a Roach Motel for the night, shower broken, voucher for "free dinner" is for less money than anything on the menu at the place United dumped us at, rerouted through O'Hare, "Sorry Sir, we have no record that y0u're on this flight", flight delayed from O'Hare, gate changed twice, "Sir, you're not checked in", (which of course I was), "I'm sorry, we gave your seat away, but if you go back and check in again, we'll see what we can do."

Unbelievable, I'll never give them another dime.

When you live in an apartment building and have neighbors above you who I can always hear yelling and screaming at each other and thier kid, who own a dog and and never clean up after it and who I think make their dog crap right in front of my patio window. Must be Cubs fans

Archived