Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Girl Talk was supposed to perform here at GW for our Fall Fest. GW didn't like that Girl Talk liked having people on the stage with him and terminated the contract. So now it's a week before Fall Fest and we have no performance.

I hate the fact that I cannot finish a game while bowling. I had a 296 tonight due to nerves. What a wimp...

I've choked both times. 298 then 299. The first time, I yanked it pretty bad and got an 8 count. The next time, I threw my normal shot pretty good and got unlucky with the 6 pin ringing right around the 10. The house let me keep the pin, pretty cool.

What do you do when your teacher is borderline incompetent? I have a class Contemporary American Society, it's basically a Sociology class and the teacher is at best marginally competent. The class started off on a horrible not when during the normal go around the class introductions a kid said he just moved here from Vietnam. Then she proceeds to go around the room and ask every non white skinned student how long they have lived in the US and how long they have been speaking english. All of them have lived their entire lives in the US. I was shocked at her actions.

Then more recently we were going through and classifying what a Liberal is and what a Conservative was. So people start naming off the standard things. Liberal is pro-choice, anti-death penalty etc. She then bust out with the comment, "I just don't understand how you can be for the murdering of babies, and against the murdering of viscous child murderers." I gave her a break and figured that she just slipped up and interjected her personal opinion, so all I did was say that is a complex issue and it isn't as cut and dried as that. She then 5 minutes later said the same thing and I went off on her. I won't get into what I said to keep things appropriate for this board.

It isn't just these two things the class is just horrible. It is her making some stupid comment, me telling her why she is wrong. Her saying she doesn't have an argument to prove me wrong, but I just am. The best is she has started asking the class who they think is right me or her, and generally I get 75% of the students to side with me. It's disgusting that I am paying for this "education".

On a related tangent in general i am disgusted with the educational standards at Fox Valley Technical College. The expected level of knowledge is on par with a normal 10th Grade education. Such the waste of money.

During tonight's Bears-Colts game, Andrea Kremer said "primer" with a long i (as in an initial coat of paint) rather than with a short i (as in a description of basic principles).

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I was bored and had some time to kill and made the mistake of reading the Brewrs message board on ESPN. My head now hurts from reading some of the incoherent ramblings on there. One guy advocates playing Gwynn over Cameron from here out because he is such a better player, advocates batting Kendall third, Mike Lamb 4th, and Prince 7th.

Tom Pipines - Fox 6 News.

It's bad enough that the Brewers have to get swept vs. Philly, but then I have to listen to this guy refer to the 2007 NL MVP as Jimmy "Collins". C'mon! Your job is a Sports caster. How hard is it to learn some main names from all the Major sports? Does he know anything other than what is fed to him on the teleprompter? I still remember when this guy was on ESPN in the early 80's.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

casey you're a real grammar nazi, you must dislike most of my posts intensely.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I notice stuff like that all the time (my mother has always said I should have been a copy editor) but don't usually comment on it, unless the usage miscue changes the intended meaning of a post or other statement. I'd like to think that none of us come across as "grammar nazis."

In my mind, someone whose career is communicating, like a sports anchor, should be extra careful to get things right - whether it's "expecially", "Jimmy Collins" instead of Rollins, or "Jeff Hardy" instead of J.J. Hardy. (The latter I heard from a since-departed sports anchor in Madison, on two separate occasions.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing my post was mocking my tendancy to think faster than I type and skip words, leave incomplete thoughts, and so on. I was cracking more on myself, but I can see where you thought I was taking a shot at Casey, that was not my intent.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Tom Pipines - Fox 6 News.

It's bad enough that the Brewers have to get swept vs. Philly, but then I have to listen to this guy refer to the 2007 NL MVP as Jimmy "Collins". C'mon! Your job is a Sports caster. How hard is it to learn some main names from all the Major sports? Does he know anything other than what is fed to him on the teleprompter? I still remember when this guy was on ESPN in the early 80's.

Haha, I heard that too. He also said something else really stupid, I don't remember what it was. Maybe it was during Packers Blitz.

The stock market. Ugh.

no kidding. I am very worried about my retirement portfolio right now--and it's really only in it's infancy right now.

I wouldn't worry about it. My 401K is still young and atleast now I am buying into these mutual funds at a pretty low price, no where to go but up right?. I was freaking out for a while but this is only a short term issue and probably won't effect my retirement in 30 years. If I was 55 and this was happening I would absolutely be freaking out. I mean you could have lost 20%+ of you retirement savings in the span of 8 months. I think my porfolio is down something like 17% which is actually beating the market as weird as it sounds.

Archived