Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo

I wasn't at Monday's game, but after each of the last 2-3 losses we've seen at MP, the PA system has immediately begun playing "Free Falling" by Tom Petty (jumping right to the refrain, no less).

Am I the only one who thinks that's a bad idea, in a foreshadowing sense? I'd email the Brewers about it, but I'm not sure whom to ask.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats bugging me, I am having a serious problem getting girls to like me . I used to never have that problem but that was in highschool. Now, it's like girls don't notice me and if they do they dont take interest. This past weekend I met a girl and things clicked but she told me her mother would never approve of me because i am 20 and she is 18. (Confusing, yes.) I am wondering if there are any bf.net posters out here my age of either male or female variety that could help me out or anyone for that matter because it is really starting to get to me. Thanks.

Whats bugging me, I am having a serious problem getting girls to like me . I used to never have that problem but that was in highschool. Now, it's like girls don't notice me and if they do they dont take interest. This past weekend I met a girl and things clicked but she told me her mother would never approve of me because i am 20 and she is 18. (Confusing, yes.) I am wondering if there are any bf.net posters out here my age of either male or female variety that could help me out or anyone for that matter because it is really starting to get to me. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Hang out with your friends and have fun, its what that age is for. That age was the best time of my life, don't worry about a girlfriend for now, you're living the High Life right now

Speaking of High Life... Why was the High Life dude their on Saturday? I missed the game but the Sunday broadcast repeatedly showed the High Life man cheering. Were they shooting a commercial that day, was he just promoting High Life, or is he actually a Brewers fan?

I thought BA said that he was just promoting "High :Life" but i am not sure on that. Maybe he was just there to make bill schroder giggle like a little girl. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

You don't need High Life for that, just a hit the opposite way

Speaking of High Life... Why was the High Life dude their on Saturday? I missed the game but the Sunday broadcast repeatedly showed the High Life man cheering. Were they shooting a commercial that day, was he just promoting High Life, or is he actually a Brewers fan?

In my heart, he's a Brewers fan. The one where he is talking about his favorite starting pitcher getting lit up? I like to think it's that start earlier in the season where Benny was absolutely cruising and lost it.

I love the High Life dude. Probably more than I should.

Jakes life sucks part two:

This girl I was talkin too for awhile and seeing a few weeks or so calls me today and is like I want to be friends but friends with benefits. Then she texts me sayin , no i want more then that we should think about dating. Just after supper about 20 minutes ago she called and now wants nothing to do with me at all.

I cannot win. I am gullable but not that gullable, this totally sucks.

This girl I was talkin too for awhile and seeing a few weeks or so calls me today and is like I want to be friends but friends with benefits. Then she texts me sayin , no i want more then that we should think about dating. Just after supper about 20 minutes ago she called and now wants nothing to do with me at all.

Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. Just stay clear. Enjoy this time in your life. You won't get it back.

The High Life guy's name is Wendell (sp?) and they kept saying he's a local. Now, during Sat's game he told all about how he got the job in LA, so I'm not sure, but every time Wendell's been at stuff (at least one Brewers game last year where he sang the National Anthem and a Packers game) they've called him a local.

Also, the "watching your favorite pitcher get lit up" makes me mad because presumably they're talking the "home" pitcher and when he says that, all the people in the stands are on their feet and cheering. If the home pitcher were getting lit up, the fans wouldn't be so damned excited!

I got so into reading what everyone else said, I forgot my rant...

There are two houses on our lot and 4 apts total. They shut off someone else's cable on Saturday and "accidentally" shut ours off too. We've been without cable, internet or phone since Saturday afternoon. They just came out an hour ago to fix it and it took literally 3 minutes. I had to listen to last night's game on the radio.

Plus, the lady who moved in upstairs is somehow related to the guy who already lived there - he's a traveling salesman and is almost never home. This woman moved in and never leaves the house. She walks like she's got on cement shoes, keeps the most ridiculous hours because she has no life, has woken me up with the volume on her TV at 3 am - yes, I heard it through the ceiling and it woke me up - and she's afraid of dogs - there are FIVE dogs that live in these 3 apts. She won't walk around them while they're on their tie outs. She bellows until we come outside and let the dogs in. And she's not even on the lease!!!

Sounds like the type of girl that you're better off not being with. Who needs the Brett Favre treatment in their life?

Speaking of Wendell...he was out making appearances around town on Friday. I got to meet him at a bar in Waukesha. Seems like a pretty normal guy. He's an aspiring actor BTW.

if you have to have a deeply personal conversation....do not have it on your cell phone, in a public waiting area.

No, it could be worse. I hate going to a public bathroom and hearing people talking on the phone while dropping a deuce. I honestly wonder what's so important that it can't wait. Sure, I've talked on the phone while in the bathroom, but it's always at home.

3 words that have served me well in my life, and I will never forget.

"Women" is crazy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

2008 world champs:

Count your blessings, you got an easy out on that. She sounds messed to me (and others on the forum) so just move on and be patient. I know it sounds hard right now, but I've been there and things will work out for the best.

Chick sounds crazy. Stay away.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

...or for BTA "it is what it is."

It bums me out when acronyms I don't know don't Google easily. Was the term "air conditioner" coined by the Baltimore Transit Alliance, the British Tourist Authority, or Brian the Automator?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived