Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
people in the fast lane who drive side-by-side with the car in the slow lane.

Oh, I love doing that. Nothing like driving along at a good pace, maybe 5-10 mph over the speed limit and getting ready to pass a slow moving car on your right. Then all of a sudden, somebody feels the need to run up your bumber and get antsy for you to pass said car. It's times like those, I just slow er down and stay side by side for a few interstate miles.

people in the fast lane who drive side-by-side with the car in the slow lane.

Oh, I love doing that. Nothing like driving along at a good pace, maybe 5-10 mph over the speed limit and getting ready to pass a slow moving car on your right. Then all of a sudden, somebody feels the need to run up your bumber and get antsy for you to pass said car. It's times like those, I just slow er down and stay side by side for a few interstate miles.

so it's YOU!!!!!!

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to drive. The right lane seems to go along at 62 MPH or less. The left lane goes along at 75 MPH or more. What about those of us who prefer speeds that are in between?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Technically, everybody is supposed to drive in the right lane, and only use the left while actively passing a car. Of course, neither the slow group or the fast group actually abide by the law, and as a result they despise each other's existence.

Riding somebody's bumper is a good way to get killed, especially when doing 75+ MPH. Since I like to think I have something to live for, I'll patiently wait back a few carlengths until the slower car has finished passing traffic in the right lane. 99 times out of 100, they will move over once they are complete, and both that driver and myself are free from the road rage.

Those people who not only walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk, but then act so inconvenienced and annoyed by it that you're the one that ends up moving out of the way.

These are the people who are always entering and exiting through the wrong door, creating a door traffic jam while leaving the other door on their proper side unopened.

i don't know if this is a Winston-Salem law or a state law, but Happy Hours are illegal. you can have specials, but they have to last all day--there is no discounting drinks for periods of the day.

You may not legally close your eyes for an extended length of time while at a bar (no, it's not a timed thing, but a sleepy thing).

It is illegal to rest your head on the bar.

Bartenders may not legally (again, maybe just in this city) buy patrons drinks/offer drinks for free.

Nor can bartenders drink while they are behind the bar. Bartenders caught recieve a $1,000 fine and the bar gets a $5,000 fine.

Winston-Salem is one of the biggest tobacco regions in the country, and even has a high school named for cigarette company. Yet they seem to despise alcohol and drinkers of alcohol. All these nitpicky rules make a patron's experiece less pleasant than it can be.

Riding somebody's bumper is a good way to get killed, especially when doing 75+ MPH. Since I like to think I have something to live for, I'll patiently wait back a few carlengths until the slower car has finished passing traffic in the right lane. 99 times out of 100, they will move over once they are complete, and both that driver and myself are free from the road rage.
It is annoying when you are out on the open road and a car in the left lane is passing another car and is going about a quarter of a mile per hour faster than the car he is passing. When I'm in that situation and I see cars coming up behind me, I tend to give my car a little more gas (usually I'm using Cruise control out on uncrowded highways) and so I can get past the guy and out of the way of drivers who wish to travel faster. I think it's just a courtesy not to clog up two lanes of the highway while you slowly pass another vehicle.

edit: Ok, had to add this. What's worse (and maybe this has already been mentioned) is when you are using cruise control and you pass someone, then they speed up as you are trying to pass them. So, then you resume your place behind them. Then they slow down, and you can't seem to just get away from them. It's maddening. I know not everyone has cruise control but is it that hard to maintain a fairly constant speed when you are out on the open freeway? Do you not see what you are doing (cars passing you, then you passing them, then they are on your tail again, because you slowed down again for some reason...uuugggghhhhh!!!)

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

People who pronounce Italian "eye-talian" - I've never heard anyone pronounce Italy "eye-taly" so why do people make the pronunciation error on one, but not the other?

My dad pronounces Toyota "Tie-ota"

I just bought two concert tickets on eBay and shipping, from Chicago to Milwaukee, costs $15.00. It's two pieces of paper that might weigh an ounce combined. The funny thing is it says it's usually $20.00, but "You save $5.00!"

My girlfriend is absolutely amazing, but it bugs the crap out of me when I can tell there is something bothering her and she still vehemently denies it. I mean, if you really know someone, you can tell.

Hawing would be a better person to answer this but when this happens there are a few possible answers

- What is bugging her involves you and she just isnt in the mood to get in a fight and the more you press it the angrier she gets and the more frustrated you will get.

- There is something wrong but you asking her isn't going to solve it, YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS WRONG!

As a married man of 5 years I can tell you that there is no right answer to this. You can ignore it and you will be the bad guy for not caring. You can press the issue and you meddling. Women are a weird animals that are difficult to figure out. My advice would be just to leave it along, ignore it and hope that nothing comes of it, let her GF's deal with it. Even if you think you know what is wrong and how to fix it, logic and reason are rarely used while emotion is generally used by women in matters like this.

I was just trying to get rid of my extra 2 tickets tonight at face value or lower, but there were so many scalpers I didn't have a chance. I talked to one guy and he actually worked for Ticketmaster and used his connections to snag some extra tickets tonight to scalp them (I think that's the story anyway). This is one thing about the team getting more popular that I'm not a fan of. Fans should get tickets, not scalpers. Or, there should be a section for people that aren't trying to fleece you for a terrace ticket.

But yes, during the playoffs and cubs series, all bets are off.

People who pronounce Italian "eye-talian"

Even worse is the way MLB Home Plate promotes the XM "MLB in español" channel. They pronounce the middle syllable as "pan" (as in cooking utensil).

This isn't some bozo slipping up during a live promo; these are recordings, for crying out loud. If the objective is to reach Spanish-speaking listeners, don't insult the potential audience that way.

I can tell there is something bothering her and she still vehemently denies it.

This is usually turned around. The woman decides the man is upset and he denies it. The only twist is that the man probably isn't upset when she thinks this... until she keeps bugging him about it.

1992casey wrote:

Even worse is the way MLB Home Plate promotes the XM "MLB in español" channel. They pronounce the middle syllable as "pan" (as in cooking utensil).

Apologies for my ignorance - how would you pronounce that if not including the pan?

I read it as ess-pan-yol. Like S Pan YOL.

Is it more like S bin YOL?

The second syllable should be pronounced "pahn," as in Warren Spahn. There's no "a as in pan" in Spanish.

I had intended to include that. Sorry.

I had a sinus infection a month ago, but about twice a day I cough and my mouth fills with snot. It would be nice if that finally stopped. I deliver paper for a living, and the drivers side window on my delivery van doesnt work, so I keep a cup next to me in case it happens. My girlfriend found it and was just a little grossed out cause i didnt empty it for like a week.

People who pronounce Italian "eye-talian"

When I worked at Papa John's we had tons of old people ordering thin crust eye-talian sausage pizzas. It irked me.

What's the opposite of endorphins?

GABA's a good one.

Ikea is what's bugging me right now. I spent a good part of the day there today, and it'll be the last time. Being herded like livestock through a place that doesn't have nearly enough staff and sells cheap junk that barely fits together is not worth the money you save by going there over Rooms To Go or a similar furniture place. I'm done with you, Ikea, and your cafeteria meatballs too.

Archived