Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
How is it possible that Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pop Tarts have more fat than Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts?

Cinnamon is not healthy. Chocolate Fudge is. Feed your kids only Chocolate Fudge and they'll look like supermodels. Really fat supermodels, but supermodels nonetheless.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People who stop at least a 1.5 car lengths behind the person in front of them.

ugh. come to north carolina. seriously, 1.5 car lengths is the minimum around here. what's worse, is if you're trying to turn right and get to their side, they still won't move forward. it's not that they're necessarily bad drivers around here, it's just that they're all extremely scared, extremely passive drivers.

after moving from WI, i'm discovering it's a myth that Southerners are more friendly than other groups of people. they really aren't--less so, if anything.

When it comes to laundry, the people in my building are neanderthals. I recently spent 7 hours on a Saturday trying to laundry because some jerk felt it was necessary to do 6 tiny loads in a row when he knew I was waiting. There's one washer and dryer for around 12 apartments. Just tonight, when I put my wash in, there was 20 minutes left on the dryer. When my clothes were done, the clothes were still in the dryer (complete for about 20 minutes). So I moved them and left them in plain sight on the counter. I heard someone coming downstairs while I was switching them out. I heard someone go back up the steps as soon as I started the dryer. When I got back to my apartment, someone was going downstairs again. I decided not to be paranoid and waited the hour for my clothes to dry.

Mistake. The door to the dryer was open, so my clothes were still wet and $1.25 had been wasted. Angry, I put more quarters in. Then I decided to leave a note explaining that if you open the door during the cycle, it wastes people's time and money. When I went to leave the note, I found the dryer open AGAIN. Who does this? It's not like I live with a bunch of college kids. I'm the youngest person in my building. The last thing I want to do is police my load of clothes.

(Brian, i'm a little scared of you right now)

When I go to see a movie, any advertisement but a movie premier bugs me. i can see a car commercial at home, and often the previews are the best part about the night. also, 10 minutes of credits at the start of a movie bugs me, too.

People who are too lazy to return shopping carts and leave them all over parking lots. Seriously people, what's the deal? You can't take the extra time to put a cart in the corral? It's way better that they blow around and ding other people's automobiles...

In the same way litter still annoys the hell out of me. Why is acceptable to throw garbage out onto roadways and your neighbor's lawns? How lazy are people that they won't clean up after themselves? It's like smokers who throw their cigarette butts out the window on the highway, or into my bushes when I lived in a first floor apartment just out of school. I literally had 100s of butts to clean out of the landscaping when I moved out, and I had 1 cigarette when I was like 13 years old.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

litter still annoys the hell out of me.

You think litter is annoying, but kitty litter is far more annoying. I need to stop feeding those darned fuzzballs, as they create a pretty disproportional amount of waste to their actual size.

You need a self cleaning litter box my friend, it deposits all of the waste into a plastic container with a lid, very handy. I could do without the litter the cats somehow seem to be to able to track all over the house though.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

People who knock and pound on the windows of animal enclosures in zoos really need to be taken out back and shot.

i did that once at a snake enclosure and got the snake to strike. then the zookeeper yelled at me.

Spam. E-mail and phone Spam. Everyone says that it must be working or the spammers wouldn't exist. Really? Who buys something from unsolisited emails/computer generated phone calls?Who? Does anyone know of such a person? Give me their name so I can call them or e-mail them, and ask them to stop buying blue pills, anatomy extenders, time shares in Nigeria, "just like" Gucci shoes, etc....

I feel slightly better now.

Official threads. I want to post a "The Official I hate Official Threads Thread" but I don't think it will go over very well. I would much rather the staff decide if a thread should be designated, than a poster proclaiming their own thread "official". I have no rational reason why it bothers me so much, it just does.

- Plato

- Plato

Official threads. I want to post a "The Official I hate Official Threads Thread" but I don't think it will go over very well. I would much rather the staff decide if a thread should be designated, than a poster proclaiming their own thread "official". I have no rational reason why it bothers me so much, it just does.

Would you qualify that as officially bugging you?

perhaps...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

- Plato

- Plato

Rarely do I have to go to the bank anymore due to direct deposit, but I received a check today that I wanted to deposit. So I head over to the drive thru and there's only one other car in line. I sit there for a couple of minutes and then the guy reaches for the deposit slips. A few more minutes and he finally puts his stuff in the tube. Gets the tube back and takes another 2-3 minutes organizing his front seat.

C'mon people! It took me over 10 minutes to wait for one car at the drive thru. Am I the only one who has my deposit slip and check ready to go when I pull in?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

how about when you go to drop off bills at the electric company, water company, cable, etc. and you have to wait for somebody in their car who is writing out their check and putting the bills into the envelopes while still in the car? Did they seriously not have enough time at home to write them out ahead of time?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Online Bill Pay has made my life significantly easier. I'll gladly pay the fee not to have to run and get stamps, and write out checks, and mail bills away. If your bank offers it, I highly recommend it.

- Plato

- Plato

Pitch, I'd say the same goes for that person at the grocery store who doesn't pull out the checkbook until the entire order is rung up and the total is given. Please, feel free to get a head start and start writing that check.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Who even writes checks anymore?

The only check I write is rent once a month?

Does anyone know how you can get the credit card companies to stop sending you credit card offers? It is ridiculous. I am contributing to wiping out the rainforest and I don't like it. And I don't need any stinking credit cards

I've now had phone interviews, and then in face interviews for 4 jobs in the past 5 or so months and I haven't gotten any of them. I don't think I'm an awful interviewee. It's emotionally draining to go through all that up and down. I'm so sick of it. I'm also sick of my job. I'm screwed.

Does anyone know how you can get the credit card companies to stop sending you credit card offers? It is ridiculous. I am contributing to wiping out the rainforest and I don't like it. And I don't need any stinking credit cards

Try this link.

Googling "stop credit card offers" brought up many more results than that.

To add something that's bugging me...adults who let their children (or children for whom they are temporarily responsible, as in a chaperone's role) run around the inside of Memorial Union willy-nilly. I understand that kids need to release energy, but that wasn't the best time or safest place for it. Be the grownup!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

thanks for the link hawing. I got myself and the mrs. hooked up. Hopefully, less junk mail for the next 5 years.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived