Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
It drives me nuts when people say "Standard Time" when it's actually "Daylight Time." Standard time and Daylight Time are an hour apart, so obviously they mean two different things. They can't be used interchangeably.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I teach, and every semester, without fail, students handing in papers will botch the spelling of my name, or transpose my first and last names. I can understand a typo or two; it just happens. But this is just crazy....

I teach, and every semester, without fail, students handing in papers will botch the spelling of my name, or transpose my first and last names. I can understand a typo or two; it just happens. But this is just crazy....

At least 1/2 of my teachers in high school spelled my last name wrong, even by the end of the school year. I even had a teacher who would spell my name "Glen" instead of "Glenn" all the time so as I joke I'd hand in tests that say "GlenN" at the top.

At my old job, I cannot even tell you how many times a week I'd get emails and letters for "Ami." My name is only 3 letters. And it is the conventional spelling. The real kicker is when I'd email someone and sign it "Thanks! Amy" and get a reply that said "Hi Ami."

Gigantic ads that expand and/or move around, and take up half the screen until you can locate the "Close" button.

Someone's been visiting JSonline lately... I hate that too. Makes me want to leave the website. I was trying to read the JS last night, but the stupid ad kept coming up so I just stopped trying.

Guh ... my parents' house got broken into... Took things my mom kept from her mom and her grandma. I hope someday the people who did that realize how devastating that kind of thing is to peoples' lives.

I'm sorry and I hope the perps get what's coming to them. On a related note, I was presently suprised that I wasn't broken into while I've been gone on business the past month. I'm in a really bad part of town living above a bunch of meth heads and across the street from the homeless shelter.

People who jog in traffic on my residential street with an unused sidewalk right there.

Also, after Sunday's Memorial Day parade ended in a local cemetery which had a large amount of vets buried there, we were checking out some of the graves of the vets. As my boys who were in the parade as scouts walked by a grave of a sergeant who died in 1947, we heard a dad of another scout say to his son, "Look, this guy died at the height of WWII. I wonder if he died at the Normandy invasion."

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gif That kind of ignorance just burns my bisquits.

People who jog in traffic on my residential street with an unused sidewalk right there.

On this note, people who plod along smack in the middle of the sidewalk with their headphones on, oblivious to others. You can never count on them to hear an "excuse me" or "on your left." Or couples who can't possibly stand single file for a second. I'll run into you. I will. And I won't feel bad about it.

On this note, people who plod along smack in the middle of the sidewalk with their headphones on, oblivious to others. You can never count on them to hear an "excuse me" or "on your left." Or couples who can't possibly stand single file for a second. I'll run into you. I will. And I won't feel bad about it.

Ha, a couple a can get around, what I hate is the friends who feel that it's necessary to go three-wide. Grrrrrr.

• 2 weeks later...

let's see . . .

The Brewers lost . . . .

I'm sick (pretty sure it's pnemonia, given to me by a kid that sneezed on me while on our school trip to a D-Backs game last weekend) . . . .

I'm on vacation. I'm not supposed to be sick.

As an aside, however, I got to the Urgent Care Center too late this evening, so we did end up meeting up with friends, as planned, to go cosmic bowling (and some drinking, too). I had a few beers (to fit in with others) but pretty much sipped them (because I know I shouldn't drink when sick). But I now sort of know how Michael Jordan felt that one night he was deathly ill and still poured in 30+ points against the Jazz (?) in the finals a while back, as I bowled probably the game of my life--192! I'm a 125-ish average!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For the first time, I'm not going home for the summer because I have an internship. Anyway, the place I'm living in has no air conditioning and it is constantly roasting in here. I'm sweating by just sitting here and typing...ridiculous...

Hotel guests... especially ones that come to the desk and checkout, then tell me they will vacate the room in an hour, after I've already checked them out in the system and can't check them back in.

Also, when callers trying to set a reservation ask me the same question several times, forcing me to give them the same answer several times.

Also when people call and ask to book a reservation and upon asking them for their arrival date they have to think about it or scrounge around for the actual date. Seriously, isn't that something you should've had figured out before wasting my time? Didn't they think I'd have to know that information to book a room for them? Or are they just pretending to have to think about it?

Oh and people that call and give me their full name and where they are from immediately. Am I supposed to recognize who they are? I take about 75-100 calls per day, I don't care what your name is until I ask for it.

Oh, and humidity.

Archived