Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... that 'what's bugging you' thread is 10 times the size of 'what's NOT bugging you thread.'

The fact that the "not bugging you" thread is shorter than the "bugging you" thread has never bugged me, but it has not not bugged me enough to post about it in the "not bugging you" thread.

Dear Gentlemen who came in for assistance with Photoshop class,

I can see you are trying to make a small animation. However, asking me to build you a clone of Expedia.com in an hour or two when you haven't ever even seen an html tag is beyond the scope of the Academic Support Center. Perhaps you should go take some programming/web design classes for a decade before undertaking such an endeavor. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Expedia.com probably employs more than 1 programmer at $10/hour. Furthermore, if I could whip that together in a few hours, I would not be sitting in the Academic Support Center, offering my assistance to those who legitimately need it.

Sincerely,

Annoyed

it bugs me that Manny Ramirez hasn't hit #500 yet. I'll be kind of upset that the media blitz will be even greater if he sits at #499 entering Friday's game. Of course, if the Brewers win anyways, it's not that big of a deal.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I bought a really good ticket to this afternoon's game, like front row behind home plate good, as a reward to myself for some stuff.

I woke up this morning, all jacked up to drive from St. Paul to Milwaukee, and then I realized it felt like my tonsils were about the size of beach balls and were also on fire.

I am now going to go to the doctor, DVR the game and watch it later to see where I should have been sitting.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I stepped in some gum. It was two feet from an ash tray and six feet from a trash can.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Dear Gentlemen who came in for assistance with Photoshop class,

I can see you are trying to make a small animation. However, asking me to build you a clone of Expedia.com in an hour or two when you haven't ever even seen an html tag is beyond the scope of the Academic Support Center. Perhaps you should go take some programming/web design classes for a decade before undertaking such an endeavor. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Expedia.com probably employs more than 1 programmer at $10/hour. Furthermore, if I could whip that together in a few hours, I would not be sitting in the Academic Support Center, offering my assistance to those who legitimately need it.

Sincerely,

Annoyed

Would travelocity.com be quicker?

I'm not sure if there are any other soccer fans/players out there on this site, but I just want to point out how sick I am about hearing how much people in the media hate soccer. For example, yesterday I was driving home, excited about watching the replay of the Champions League Final, and I was listening to Heller and Murphy, I hear them saying how nobody cares about soccer, and they shouldn't be giving updates on things like how Manchester United beat Chelsea. Does the non soccer liking media realize that a ton of people actually do love the sport?

I'm not sure if they just don't want the game to get big in America, or if there jealous that it is considered the most popular sport in the world, but I am so sick of it. Does anyone else feel this way?

Not really though, it is considered the Super Bowl of soccer all around the world. Its all of the best players from around the world on the best teams from the best leagues in Europe in one giant Champions league. I'm sure enough people care about it in the United States for it to merit an update.

Since soccer is the most popular youth sport in the country, I am curious to see what happens when the current youth grow up and are dictating the sports market. Will soccer become more mainstream in America than it is now? I don't mind people bashing soccer because that's just their opinion and it doesn't detract from my passion for the game any bit.

Speaking of soccer, I reffed a U-13 game tonight and one kid had the name "Utah." Can this whole naming kids after states thing end? Dakota is iffy enough, but Utah? Really? I don't understand why parents now a days name their kids unconventional names. Whatever happened to Mary or George? Now it's all Mikayla and Tanner.

going over to fix your parents computer bugs me. Tonight, their wireless card wouldn't connect to the internet. Some Windows Vista ASATAP thing or something wasn't working and when I uninstalled and tried re-installing it wouldn't re-install, forcing me to do a system restore. Not to mention that they only have 1 GB of RAM, causing a very slow vista experience.

One hour later, nothing was accomplished. Gotta take it in for a professional to look into the problem. At least I got a good mile run out of it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was going through SI.com's list of most recent no-hitters by team (there are only 2 teams with a longer drought than the Brewers...Cleveland and the Cubs). I get to the picture of Juan Nieves, and he's wearing a WHITE SOX uniform! Couldn't they dig up the pic that SI itself had in its magazine during the streak in 1987? Come on!

I hear them saying how nobody cares about soccer, and they shouldn't be giving updates on things like how Manchester United beat Chelsea. Does the non soccer liking media realize that a ton of people actually do love the sport?

Dude... THIS IZ AMERICUH! Why don't you go back to your hippie Euro country, ya commie!

Yes, the American ignorance towards the beautiful game makes me angry, too. Also, I think a good way to explain UEFA would be if the major U.S. sports had a March-Madness style playoff system. I know the current ones aren't all that far off, but I think only the NFL comes close to what UEFA offers in terms of excitement & 'win-or-go-home'-i-ness. But it'd be the equivalent of still having the AL/NL, AFL/NFL, etc. divides, and all the top teams in each respective sport's leagues get together for a tournament of awesomeness.

I still think it's crazy that it came down to Man U. -- Chelsea for the title match. Gee, I bet no football fans found that obnoxious! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Speaking of soccer, I reffed a U-13 game tonight and one kid had the name "Utah." Can this whole naming kids after states thing end? Dakota is iffy enough, but Utah? Really? I don't understand why parents now a days name their kids unconventional names. Whatever happened to Mary or George? Now it's all Mikayla and Tanner.

You know what's a cool name? Conor. I can only think of two people in the world with that name, why isn't it heard more often?

Archived