Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo
And another thing... I washed my hair an hour ago and it's still not dry. I think this means I need my twice-yearly haircut. Hair cuts bug me. I usually tip more when they talk to me less.

My hair had been pretty long for the last couple years (probably about 2 haircuts per year) and it would take forever to dry. I got it cut pretty short a couple weeks ago and it takes like 10 minutes now, it's glorious. Not only that, but hats actually fit properly on my head now which is always nice.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers FINALLY have a Saturday evening game and it's on WMLW, so I can't see the game on Directv.

(yes, I realize that they sometimes put it on their ALT channels, like 658, but I have yet to see it down here in AZ).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

First of all, let me paint a picture:

I'm a branch manager at a credit union, and the branch that I run is inside of a grocery store. On a pretty constant basis, there is someone standing at the door asking for money for some kind of cause.

Now, because of my position, I'm pretty much required to wear a suit. This is where the problem occurs. Every time I walk by these people, which can be several times per day if I need to make runs to other branches, they look at me like I'm some snobby rich guy since I don't give them any money. This is what I would like to say collectively to all of them:

Guess what morons, I give more to charity than most people would ever realize, I just don't go around gloating about it and I don't feel the need to tell you about it. And just because I work for a financial institution doesn't mean I'm rolling in money. It requires a college degree to have my job, so who wants to take on my $40,000 debt? Anyone? Oh, and this suit I'm wearing...I had to take out a loan from my employer just to buy it, and I pay it back $25 every paycheck. That's right...a loan for my suit. But I'm loaded, right? Idiot.

I realize that all of these causes need money and I understand how much it can help, but that doesn't mean I need to be looked at like I should be dropping a $20 in there every time I walk by.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Just be satisfied that you donate and don't feel like you have to give money to every single person who asks.

Along those same lines, it bugs me that when I do donate money I have no way of knowing exactly where my money goes. I know the cause I'm donating to, but does it really go there? Does that make me paranoid?

A few years ago, my dad, brother and I were walking downtown going into the Bradley Center for a Bucks game. While we were walking in a guy walked up to us and said something along the lines of : "I'm (name) and I'm a student at MATC (pulls out ID) I'm out of gas and could use some change so I could take the bus back." My dad just kind of blew him off and said "He's probably lying." I remember thinking that was pretty harsh. No more than two weeks later my dad and I were going to another Bucks game. The exact same guy came up to us saying the exact same thing. My dad said something like "You said the same thing to us a couple weeks ago, maybe you should fill up on gas before you run out." I know the guy wasn't necessarily looking for "drug money" or anything, but seriously man there are other ways you can go about the situation.

The last three times I've gone to the Rave for a concert I've been approached by someone asking me for some money to help them get a bus ticket or fill up with gas. I tell them I don't have any money because I don't see why I should give the money that I worked hard to make to someone who is too lazy to get a job or too irresponsible to manage their own money.

People who rip every move Ted Thompson makes and think he's an idiot when pretty much all he has is a record of success.

Yeah this is getting pretty comical. It's the same 'song and dance' every year. Packer fan has his draft board (LOL) and doesn't see TT's pick on it so it must be a bad pick. At the end of that players first year, said fan is giving the player praise and figures Thompson must actually know what he's doing.

How anyone could complain about this years draft is beyond me. Love it.

Yikes. That is a long time.

I fell down yesterday. Except I didn't just fall -- I wiped the heck out. My left knee connected right against the corner of the curb and the pain was so bad I couldn't even look at it. My friend had to roll up my pant leg to check out the damage for me. Of course this happened in front of three guys hanging out on their porch. Of course I was wearing jeans that were at least a size too big because it's the weekend, darnit, and of course they might have fallen down a little. When one of the guys and my friend helped me up, I looked down and realized I was bleeding profusely from the toe. I don't handle pain well. It makes me woozy. We barely made it back to my friends place without me passing out. Who would have thought a skinned toe would hurt more than concrete on a kneecap?

This would just be another incident for Accident-Prone Amy except I have no idea how long it's going to be before I can run again and having my training schedule thrown off sucks, and I have 30 minutes between two job interviews tomorrow and now will have to pay for cabs. And cabs are not cheap. (But the two interviews are not bugging me in the slightest.)

Who would have thought a skinned toe would hurt more than concrete on a kneecap?

I can vouch for this. I've bashed my knees on numerous objects many a time. Never hurt as bad as when my toenail got ripped off by a bike tire.

I fell down yesterday. Except I didn't just fall -- I wiped the heck out. . .I don't handle pain well. . .This would just be another incident for Accident-Prone Amy except I have no idea how long it's going to be before I can run again and having my training schedule thrown off sucks. . .

By "in the South" do you mean Louisiana?

And by "Amy" do you mean Amy Sheets?

This explains a lot. . .

We live a few blocks away from a high school, and although a dead-end street separates us, that doesn't stop kids from parking up our little block with their huge late-model SUVs. This often delays our trash and recycling pickups during the school year, as the city trucks don't have room to maneuver around them.

The primary bug here is that our trash and recycling pickups are delayed because these kids "need" someplace free to park. But that they have such big and new rides, as high school students, also bugs me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

But that they have such big and new rides, as high school students, also bugs me.

Yeah, my first car four years ago was a 1992 Grand Am that I bought myself and was like $2,600 or something. It was pretty sick how many cars you saw in the school parking lot that were 2004 Impalas and things like that. I kind of doubt any high school kid could afford a $20,000 car. If I ever have kids there's no way I'm going to spoil them that much where I buy them a freakin' brand new car.

my first car was a 1982 Nissan Stanza that cost me $400. I owned three vehicles while in high school, the Stanza, 79' Malibu Classic and 1982 Trans Am. All three vehicles combined cost me less then $2000. It is a right of passage to have to drive a P.O.C. car. The glue that held the lining on the roof of the Malibu gave way so the cloth hung down and we had to use push pins to keep it up, plus when the tranny was warm it didnt go in reverse. It really makes you appreciate having a new vehicle after driving those types of cars.

I have some impacted ear wax and there's nothing I can do until I get home from work.

If you're talking about more Q-Tips (which probably caused that mess), they will only make the problem worse. If you're not keen on going to the doctor, you could always buy this candle wick thing from Walgreens (ask them, they'll know) that will only cost 10-15 dollars.

Good luck

it's sad that i have a college degree (granted, it's Liberal Arts) and struggle for jobs and money, then hear all about people who simply mow lawns, valet or bartend and make twice what i do. I can tell you all about the Transcendental movement and know the political structure in many countries--a lot of good that does me.

Verified Member
I have some impacted ear wax and there's nothing I can do until I get home from work.

If you're talking about more Q-Tips (which probably caused that mess), they will only make the problem worse. If you're not keen on going to the doctor, you could always buy this candle wick thing from Walgreens (ask them, they'll know) that will only cost 10-15 dollars.

Good luck

I've had this before, but it's been awhile. I need to get some peroxide from Walgreens to loosen things up, I already have the bulb to flush it out. Thanks.

Verified Member
The ear is fine, now. However, I cooked up a frozen pizza in the oven and the first piece I eat hot cheese drips off and burns my chin. Now I have a burn the shape of string cheese on my chin and it stings and will do so for a couple of days. That bugs me.

I was at a client's house last week and his granddaughter stopped by on her way to "work". She was young and attractive, and as I chatted with her on the way to my car, I found out she works at the little gentleman's club near Stanley...she mentioned on average she makes $1000-1200 a week, and then confessed that "more talented" girls make that in 1 or 2 nights.

Jeepers.

I was at a client's house last week and his granddaughter stopped by on her way to "work". She was young and attractive, and as I chatted with her on the way to my car, I found out she works at the little gentleman's club near Stanley...she mentioned on average she makes $1000-1200 a week, and then confessed that "more talented" girls make that in 1 or 2 nights.

Jeepers.

Well I guess I can drop out of college now.

Archived