Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2008)

Jimbo

On Monday I take my PC in to check out what I thought was a modem issue, only to hear "I hate to be the bearer of bad news Mr. Jimbo, but your motherboard is shot." I order a new unit off the shelf just so I could get things going again, only the sales guy didn't connect the CD Rom, so no internet or software for two more days. My e-mail is lost because all these years I was too lazy to look up how to backup MS Outlook 2003. I taught myself today via Google. My bookmarks were backed up on a floppy. Only now the disk has become corrupted. Eleven days off from work and no computer for the last four. Today is my first day of work after eleven days off. Nothing else that's bugging me that I can think of.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=284951#p284951

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2392

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm irritated at how my winter break is going. First off all, I've been working as a temp at a yogurt factory for every break for the last two and a half years. All of a sudden this year they call me three days before I'm done with classes and they tell me they're not bringing me back. It sucks because I usually can make up to $1200 bucks from them in a month. Now I have no job and no income. No place else around home is hiring and to make things better, I don't have a car so it's hard to get a job at other places that might pay me anything worthwhile. I've been racking my brain and bothering just about everyone I know for odd jobs or anything else I can do to make a few bucks, but I keep coming up with nothing.

I was called and offered a temp job paying less than $8 an hour at a place over 40 miles away from where I'm living...I can't catch a break.

This has probably already been brought up, but this topic is 57 pages and, well, I'm tired. I have no intentions of entering the political realm of this...

I'm getting really tired of hearing people blame every single strange weather occurrence on global warming. This isn't the first time ever that it's been 50 in January, get over it.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

This has probably already been brought up, but this topic is 57 pages and, well, I'm tired. I have no intentions of entering the political realm of this...

I'm getting really tired of hearing people blame every single strange weather occurrence on global warming. This isn't the first time ever that it's been 50 in January, get over it.

That bugs me too, mainly because it shows that too many people still think that global warming is simply a term for "occasionally warm when it's not supposed to be." It's way more / different than that.

The main reason I actually came to this thread was to complain about the coverage of the NC game on FOX tonight. I know FOX isn't usually top-notch, but tonight was just atrocious. I don't really feel like going in to details. It was just bad all around.

shaking someones hand who has short stubby fingers bothers me. They feel like they have a stubby hand shake. Its hard to explain
To add to this, Jason...shaking the hands of a new girlfriend's dad who for some reason feels the need to grasp your fingers and squeeze the crap out of them...which doesn't allow you to get a firm shake and allows him to show some kind of superiority. What a lame move.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

People who don't use their headlights when they should or have to. With this wonderful weather we've had the past couple days (really dense fog and rain), I'm amazed at the amount of people who don't have their headlights on. I actually think it is a state law to have them on when it's raining.

This part probably only applies to me...but my apartment has several levels of underground parking. The garage has lots of sharp turns and blind corners. They have put mirrors up to help people see, but it is still very hard to see a car in the mirror when it doesn't have it's headlights on.

I actually think it is a state law to have them on when it's raining.

I might be totally wrong about this, but I think the law is actually that you have to have your headlights on when you are using your windshield wipers. Obviously, if that's true, the intention of the law is to make people put on there windshield wipers when it's raining (why they wouldn't just state the law that way...I'm not sure).

edit: http://www2.jsonline.com/news/state/mar00/lights02030100a.asp not sure if this ever went all the way through or not.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

so I drink beer all night and have a good drunken buzz going all night. Then I sit down to watch a movie that's been on my tivo for 2 months plus. "Easy Rider". I'm thinking, "wow, great American classic film; something I NEED to watch to say I've seen it." What a downer. A bummer. A TERRIBLE movie. Maybe it is better unedited (it was recorded on AMC, after all) but this movie bit it big time. A total waste of 2 hours of my time.

Teen Wolf is a better movie than this was!

Hence, my drunkenness has pretty much worn off.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Everytime I go on vacation or get assigned to a special project, something catastrophic happens in one of the facilities I support for my company... A server goes down, a critical PC crashes, a construction crew cuts a fiber run, ad electrician blows out an entire panel (he was fishing wires into the panel with metal fish tape, not a solid plan). These things never happen unless another technician is covering for me so I always end up dumping the absolute worst problems on my coworkers. It's getting to the point where I feel bad going on vacation and what not.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't think I've seen a dumber cell phone commercial than the one where the guy is trying to find out which phone he should get, and the store employee is giving him suggestions.

He works out, therefore he should get one that plays music. On the other hand he likes photography, so maybe he should get a camera phone! It's just bafflingly stupid.

Archived