Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
I won an item on eBay I'd been looking for for a while. Nothing really rare or exotic, but I got it at a very good price. Got the package yesterday, opened it up...and it's a completely different item. Correct invoice was in the box, but a completely different product. I emailed the seller immediately, and he emailed me today, saying that sure enough, the two items got switched.

So, hopefully he will make right on it quickly. I'm guessing he will as he has a high feedback rating, but it's just sort of an annoyance.

That's brutal.

When I know I have a package arriving on a certain day, that's all that's on my mind. And to find out it's the wrong item when you tear apart the package and find something completely different is absolutely devastating. It happened to me not too long ago with a golf club. I golf right handed and received a lefty taylor made burner. I had my tee time booked and everything.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throwing batting practice to the varsity team that I help coach. Since I throw around 250 pitches, I am throwing from about 35-40 feet from home plate, to add velocity without actually throwing hard. (The short distance gives the batter less time to see it and hit it)

I was throwing behind a large "L" screen, usually safe. Tonight, one of our lefties decided to drill me. I threw, ducked behind the screen during the follow through, but must have left my right arm partially exposed. Never been hit square before, and have done this for years. Tonight fate decided to remind me why I need to duck quicker and lower....

I heard the usual "PING" and fell a loud whack on my right bicep. Never saw the ball, which is pretty rare. I looked down and saw the ball directly between my feet, spinning. Sucker got me square. Funny part is that it hit all muscle tissue, so it didnt hurt that bad. Kids were kind of going nuts. I threw to a few more hitters, but began to lose control and had to stop throwing for the nite. Not a ton of pain, but it tightened up on me.

Now watching the Brewer game about 4 hours later, I have a huge, round, bright red welt on my arm. This is going to suck tomorrow......

Bucky, I hated pitching behind nets when I threw BP. They screwed up my mechanics (always short armed it) every time to the point that I would basically move the net to a point where it did me no good. Guess those nets served a purpose after all.

The Brewer game could not have helped the pain at all unless you were icing in a beer bucket.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I remember seeing video of Shouse in spring training coming out to throw to a few guys after a righty had pitched and not flipping the screen around. Just throwing around the side edge of it.

Was absolutely hilarious.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Community Moderator

If you are a company that allows for an online application for something, you really should put a disclaimer that mentions that if you logout in the middle of the application, you won't be subject to the two most logical results of that action (that you either will continue your application where you left off or would have to start completely over), but instead that the application will be submitted as is wherever you are in the process.

Major, major ugh......

Yesterday, I had new DirecTV equipment installed (an upgraded dish and two new receivers). When the installer left:

1. Each remote controlled each receiver simultaneously. In other words, if you changed channels on one receiver, the channel would change on the other.
  2. The aspect ratio setting in the receivers didn't match the aspect ratio of the TVs.
  3. The HD channels weren't set to display in the program guide.
As far as the remote, we knew it was wonky when he left, but I didn't know how wonky it actually was. He told me that I stood a better chance of getting it to work than he did. I discovered the other stuff later.

Well, I fixed all this, and it wasn't very hard for me. But if it wasn't hard for me, it certainly shouldn't have been hard for him. Most importantly, however, is that getting these settings right could be extremely hard for a lot of people. Plus, they could think they're watching HD when they're really not.

Today, DirecTV called me with an automated survey. I usually hang up on those (or not answer at all), but this time I made sure to participate. And at the end, when the recording asked me if I wanted to talk to a real person, I did.

I suppose I should go up on the roof and see what he did (or didn't do) up there.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Community Moderator

If you are a company that allows for an online application for something, you really should put a disclaimer that mentions that if you logout in the middle of the application, you won't be subject to the two most logical results of that action (that you either will continue your application where you left off or would have to start completely over), but instead that the application will be submitted as is wherever you are in the process.

Major, major ugh......

After working out the above issue with them on the phone this morning, I've since discovered that their online payment system is complete crap. I mean, what kind of payment system does NOTHING when you click 'submit', with no message or anything?

Now watch me get charged like 5 times for clicking until I realized the above.

When driving, I hate waiting behind someone who insists on making a left turn at a stop sign when a row of people behind that person all want to turn right. I purposely avoid unprotected left turns during high traffic times, because I don't want to hold other people up. Is this just me?

nodakfan17[/b]]When driving, I hate waiting behind someone who insists on making a left turn at a stop sign when a row of people behind that person all want to turn right. I purposely avoid unprotected left turns during high traffic times, because I don't want to hold other people up. Is this just me?

I get annoyed at a lot of things on the road, but I don't think this is one of them. However, I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue. How narrow is the road? There is no room to go around the car? That's actually one of my main annoyances people that will not go around a car that is making a left hand turn.

My latest driving annoyance are the digital speed signs that tell you how fast you are going. It's not so much the signs, it's the people who slow down for them. Why? It's not a cop, it's a sign. You didn't know how fast you were going? You don't have a speedometer?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

That's actually one of my main annoyances people that will not go around a car that is making a left hand turn.

I'm not going to break the law to do it (e.g. driving on a gravel shoulder), and sometimes, there just isn't room to do it. I encounter a lot of places where I can legally get around a car by going to its right, but I can't get around an SUV. Road design needs to accommodate the larger vehicles that people are driving these days.

My latest driving annoyance are the digital speed signs that tell you how fast you are going. It's not so much the signs, it's the people who slow down for them.

I appreciate the warning. I don't want to be exceeding the speed limit intentionally--at least, not by much. If the speed limit is 35 and I'm going 41 or 42, I'm slowing down. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My latest driving annoyance are the digital speed signs that tell you how fast you are going. It's not so much the signs, it's the people who slow down for them. Why? It's not a cop, it's a sign.
Maybe the people who slow down for them assume there's an officer lurking around somewhere.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

When driving, I hate waiting behind someone who insists on making a left turn at a stop sign when a row of people behind that person all want to turn right.

My major, major peeve is in a three-lane intersection with a left turn lane, along with two lanes that can go straight including the one furthest to the right. In rush hour, there's always a doofus sitting in the far right lane going straight and blocking a line of cars making right turns, while there's like one other car sitting in the other straight lane.

In rush hour, there's always a doofus sitting in the far right lane going straight and blocking a line of cars making right turns, while there's like one other car sitting in the other straight lane.

What I hate worse is becoming one of those dufuses because there's unlikely to be time to do a lane change to be able to turn right into the business I want to access just beyond said intersection.

I get annoyed at a lot of things on the road, but I don't think this is one of them. However, I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue. How narrow is the road? There is no room to go around the car?

Yes. This is the situation that bothers me the most- when there is only one lane of traffic going in each direction, there is no legal right turn lane, and someone insists on making a left turn at a stop sign while a line of people behind that person want to make a quick right.

What I hate worse is becoming one of those dufuses because there's unlikely to be time to do a lane change to be able to turn right into the business I want to access just beyond said intersection.

Agreed. That's often unavoidable if you need to make a quick right after the intersection. I hate being in that situation. I just pray for a quick green.

That's actually one of my main annoyances people that will not go around a car that is making a left hand turn.

I'm not going to break the law to do it (e.g. driving on a gravel shoulder), and sometimes, there just isn't room to do it. I encounter a lot of places where I can legally get around a car by going to its right, but I can't get around an SUV. Road design needs to accommodate the larger vehicles that people are driving these days.

As someone who is often on a bike, my main annoyance is people who use the bike lane as their "go around" lane, often without looking.

chuckiehacks[/b]]
1992casey[/b]]That's actually one of my main annoyances people that will not go around a car that is making a left hand turn.

As someone who is often on a bike, my main annoyance is people who use the bike lane as their "go around" lane, often without looking.

I'm generally aware if I passed a bike within the last couple of seconds and even so I always check my side and rear mirrors. So, unless the bike is traveling faster than my car (never the case in the situation I'm talking about) it's really not a very risky move to just go around a car making a left hand turn. I guess part of my annoyance is the lack of planning or foresight. You see the guy in front of you has just put on his left side blinker. There is a line of traffic coming on the other side of the road and so the driver making the left turn is going to have to wait awhile. How hard is it to think a step or two ahead, check your mirrors and make the move? This is really not that dangerous of a move at all if done correctly.

The main road I drive on where this is a frequent occurrence is Grandview Blvd in Waukesha (between Northview and St. Paul). There is plenty of room on this road to maneuver around drivers making left turns.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So the driver is supposed to go in the opposite direction of where they need to go to appease the people behind him? Whose being selfish here?

Makes perfect sense to me - after all, their time is far more valuable than mine.

I guess part of my annoyance is the lack of planning or foresight. You see the guy in front of you has just put on his left side blinker. There is a line of traffic coming on the other side of the road and so the driver making the left turn is going to have to wait awhile.
Yes, but the guy in front of me never turns on his left turn blinker until he's actually stopped and waiting to make the turn.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

So the driver is supposed to go in the opposite direction of where they need to go to appease the people behind him? Whose being selfish here?

Makes perfect sense to me - after all, their time is far more valuable than mine.

It works both ways. I extend the same courtesy to those behind me. Everyone's neighborhood is different, I guess. Mine is configured in such a way that left turns at certain intersections are nearly impossible from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. If I can't avoid these intersections, it is often easier to take a right and turn around at the nearest gas station.

Archived