Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, guys. I only get sleepy on two beers if I went short on sleep the night before. Actually more like one beer and it's time for a booze snooze if I am short on sleep.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Community Moderator

Wow, guys. I only get sleepy on two beers if I went short on sleep the night before.

I'm usually not sleepy on beer (but wine, very much yes). I'm amazed how significant the after-effects have changed for me in just a few years, though. I used to be able to do a sixer or more with little to no issues the next day, but now even having a few with dinner gives me a major headache the next morning, despite drinking a bunch of water after getting home as well.

Our school is facing some staffing cuts due to decreased enrollments. There were three of us that had the same hire date, and 2 positions to fill. On Monday, a lottery was held to determine who would fill those positions. The odd-man out would get reassigned to another school within the district (Madison). I was one of the two who won the lottery. Well, today, they came to us with the notice that our position was eliminated! On Monday it was congratulations. On Friday, sorry, we screwed up on our numbers, so you won't be here.

NMF that really stinks! We really need to reform school financing immediately as this is getting ridiculous.

I'm usually not sleepy on beer (but wine, very much yes). I'm amazed how significant the after-effects have changed for me in just a few years, though. I used to be able to do a sixer or more with little to no issues the next day, but now even having a few with dinner gives me a major headache the next morning, despite drinking a bunch of water after getting home as well.

Wine almost always gives me headaches if I have more than one glass. Beer does as well if I drink early in the afternoon. I hardly ever have headaches the next day though. Of coursea I rarely drink more than 4 beers at a time anymore.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have had a ton of people tell me that drinking tap beer vs. bottles or cans gives you a worse hangover due to the CO2 and extra oxegen you intake. Dont know if its true, because too much of anything can give you a hangover.

Being the proud beer drinker that I am, I am giong to have to test this.......one of these weekends

I have had a ton of people tell me that drinking tap beer vs. bottles or cans gives you a worse hangover due to the CO2 and extra oxegen you intake. Dont know if its true, because too much of anything can give you a hangover.

Being the proud beer drinker that I am, I am giong to have to test this.......one of these weekends

I have also heard it is due to the bacteria that grows in the tap lines. I don't have any idea if it is true but having bartended in college and having friends who own bars I can vouch that those tap lines can get down right nasty and that many bars do not clean them properly or as often as they should. I do believe the dirty tap lines has a major negative effect on the taste.

6 years of college, 4 years of teaching, and yet.....I cannot find a simple summer job. Have been on the watch for 2 months. Not sure what to do this summer
i know a lot of Park&Rec departments have summer day camps for kids and they all love to hire teachers.

i'm gonna have the same problem in two months. i'll need some part-time work because a career-type job is unlikely to come quickly. but i'm guessing even retail or grocery jobs are hard to find right now, too. too bad "student" isn't a career you can collect unemployment for when the work ends.

Might want to check out food delivery places too...they might be losing a guy or too when the semester ends. Same for flower shops and pharmacies. Parks and rec may have openings for umpires, lifeguards, and maintenance too, if that has appeal. Also, think tourism...hotels might at least offer "casual" or call-in jobs if you're willing to learn all positions. Orchards? Greenhouses?

You can always put up things on bulletin boards that you'll mow lawns.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Across" does not have a "t" or a "t" sound in it!

It could be worse, though. I could be in Oklahoma getting raked by tornadoes. The radar on this Oklahoma City TV station's website had a "black core" on it. Black on the radar! I'm used to red being the strongest storms, maybe dark red.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The fact I still don't know what Joe Inglett's awesome batting music is bothers me. During the drubbing tonight I was tempted to go around asking random people.

Dating also bothers me, but that is an entirely related yet separate topic. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

During the drubbing tonight I was tempted to go around asking random people.
It bugs me that upon reading this part of the post above, I had to look at the date stamp to see if thablingster was talking about Monday night's drubbing or Tuesday night's drubbing.

The people who write WTMJ radio news copy must have attended the Anthony Witrado school of journalism. Recently, I heard an anchor say that a "bunch" of drugs were found. In another report, a man was referred to as a "guy."

This is fine on the talk shows, but it's inappropriate on the news.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The line between "talk" and "news" on 620WTMJ has been blurry for a while now, hasn't it? Not saying that doesn't make it bug-worthy.

The people who write WTMJ radio news copy must have attended the Anthony Witrado school of journalism. Recently, I heard an anchor say that a "bunch" of drugs were found. In another report, a man was referred to as a "guy."

I blame it partly on cable news. That sort of lingo has become acceptable on news reports on networks like Fox News and CNN, and maybe it has filtered down to talk radio.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I won an item on eBay I'd been looking for for a while. Nothing really rare or exotic, but I got it at a very good price. Got the package yesterday, opened it up...and it's a completely different item. Correct invoice was in the box, but a completely different product. I emailed the seller immediately, and he emailed me today, saying that sure enough, the two items got switched.

So, hopefully he will make right on it quickly. I'm guessing he will as he has a high feedback rating, but it's just sort of an annoyance.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived