Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha! Ha! Nice! That was well worth $20 I'd say!
definitely worth $20. i have another picture of him with his mouth closed and the tail sticking out. i'm interning for him right now, so i think a framed 8x10 would be a nice thank you present.

Catching a cold while on a vacation trip is a drag and a half. I'm hoping it doesn't bring me down enough to have to bypass the Brewers.
You can't miss the Brewers...just hammer some beers and you'll feel fine. (Blue font.)
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Speaking of colds, I suddenly came down with one in the middle of the night, last night. What's frustrating is I don't think I've been around anyone that's been sick lately, and felt perfectly fine earlier in the day. Such is life, I guess.

Hopefully it goes away by tomorrow, since we're supposed to have friends over.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Speaking of colds, I suddenly came down with one in the middle of the night, last night. What's frustrating is I don't think I've been around anyone that's been sick lately, and felt perfectly fine earlier in the day. Such is life, I guess.

Stop me if you've heard this....Hammer some beers and you'll feel fine.

I've been waiting for a cold to strike as I've been cranking up the fan while sleeping this week.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Best Buy.

(long story from a few pages ago)

Just got a phone call from the regional manager in Phoenix. He received a call from corporate stating how unhappy they were that a good paying customer of theirs was not happy etc. etc. He said that things are being done to rectify the situation, starting with extending my interest-free payments from 18 months to 36 months. Also, another rep will be contacting me in the next week about some "vouchers" they will be honoring (sounds like some free gift cards/certificates) once they send them out.

The regional manager, Darren, was very kind about it and very apologetic. He sincerely apologized for the way I was treated and said there was probably more to come. He also said that the next time I'm in the area, to give him a call (gave me his personal cell number!) and he'd take care of me personally. Sounds like a mafia hit, but I'm taking it as a positive sign.

Okay, so this doesn't "bug" me, but I thought I'd at least update you readers.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I HATE when I get home and find out that the fruit I just bought is basically already spoiled. This just happened to me with some raspberries I paid blood ($3.99) for. Top ones were fine, everything else was solid mold.

Fruits a gamble, I know that going in /Seinfeld, but it still bugs me.

Stop me if you've heard this....Hammer some beers and you'll feel fine.

I've been waiting for a cold to strike as I've been cranking up the fan while sleeping this week.

So..running a fan while your sleeping increases the chances of a cold? We always have the fan running while we are sleeping. We don't have it blowing on us, it's just for the humming noise.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I went to Brewers.com today, and there was a story that said, "Make Weeks, Braun, and Fielder All-Stars". All-Star voting is already open, and we're 2 weeks into the season! A little early, I think.
I saw that today too and thought the exact same thing, however, I couldn't resist giving the Brewers a little head start.

DISH Network!

Not only have they been failing to get me the Brewers in HD this year, but today I checked my recent statement online only to find out they billed me $300 for a receiver I returned to them almost 3 months ago. So I called, and they told me the receiver was returned damaged. They claim the main board inside the box was cracked, and the receiver no longer functioned. This is completely contrary to the documented service call I put in with them originally.

What happened originally? The hard disk that supports the DVR feature failed. The receiver still worked to receive channels, but I could not record, rewind, pause, etc. So part of the reason I pay the $6 a month for a service plan finally pays off. DISH sends me a new receiver, and I send them the old one. I get confirmation they received the old one and all is good. Or is it?

I know this for sure, the main board did not crack on my watch. The receiver was working when I sent it in. After about 45 minutes on the phone, they offered to credit half of the $150. Since this is set to be paid in May, I told them I will not be paying any of it. I was fully prepared to call AMEX to block my auto pay to DISH. Then the rep finally told me they will reverse the entire charge, so all seems to be good? Or is it?

I have read on numerous forums that DISH tells the customers they will reverse the charge for this similar issue, but the charge never gets reversed. The customer is charged and then has no recourse once DISH has the money. Will this happen to me? I will follow up. If it does, hello U-verse. Its now available to me, and for an extra $10 a month compared to what I am paying now, I could have: 60 more channels, 4 tuners to record multiple programming at once, HD on all 3 of my HD TVs (rather than on just one right now), and local customer service. Its starting to look like a no brainer for me.

So..running a fan while your sleeping increases the chances of a cold? We always have the fan running while we are sleeping. We don't have it blowing on us, it's just for the humming noise.
I doubt it has anything to do with getting sick.

I tend to have the fan blowing right on me and some mornings (in the cooler months), I feel a touch of cold-like symptoms but they usually are nothing. It's just that I always get one big cold every spring and it hasn't really hit yet.

I had a person on craigslist agree to sell me 2 tickets to Friday nights Bucks game. We had everything planned out, he gave me his phone number, we exchanged multiple e-mails, he seemed like a really nice guy.

Then today I e-mailed him to confirm his phone number and make sure everything was still good. He replied that he was selling these for a friend, and his friend now wants to go. My wife and I took a half day off work, we got a babysitter, and we were both thrilled to be going to this game. I know I shouldn't ever trust buying tickets off Craigslist, but still by stomach just dropped when I heard this.

The game is now sold out through the Bucks, and everybody on Craiglist, Ebay and ticket brokers are selling these for a lot of money, which we don't have.

Community Moderator

The wife and I decided not to go to Phoenix this weekend due to some illness in our house. Okay, so it was MY illness, it still bugs me.

Oh well. At least I'm saving money on hotel and tickets.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Our school is facing some staffing cuts due to decreased enrollments. There were three of us that had the same hire date, and 2 positions to fill. On Monday, a lottery was held to determine who would fill those positions. The odd-man out would get reassigned to another school within the district (Madison). I was one of the two who won the lottery. Well, today, they came to us with the notice that our position was eliminated! On Monday it was congratulations. On Friday, sorry, we screwed up on our numbers, so you won't be here.

Sorry to hear about your job situation, NeedMoreFans.

My gripe is all the bills that automatically come off of my credit card. The card reached its expiration date, and I received a new one. The company told me that any automated payments would continue. Yeah, right.

A few days ago, I happened to call DirecTV about an unrelated issue. A recorded message played saying that my credit card had expired and that I needed to update my information. After that, I called the phone/internet and electric companies; it turned out they needed the updated expiration date, too.

At that point, I figured that the credit card company could help out by giving me a list of all of my automated payments. Nope. All they could do is go through my statements and read stuff to me...nine bucks at the convenience store, twenty bucks for groceries, or whatever. I could have done that on my own. Anyway, the waste of time on the phone did come up with two other companies for me to call.

Tonight, I thought of two more: the trash bill and the LP bill. I hope that's it. The good news is that so far, everyone's gotten paid on time. It would have been a bummer if I didn't happen to call DirecTV.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived