Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
Fox's use of the NFL music for the MLB playoffs. You know, the one that sounds like that Christmas song..."Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up, let's go. Let's look at the snow"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fox's use of the NFL music for the MLB playoffs. You know, the one that sounds like that Christmas song..."Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up, let's go. Let's look at the snow"
This bugged us too, the other night. Perhaps now that all that's left is the World Series, they'll go back to their World Series theme.

Of course, every time the NFL on FOX is on I'll now be thinking, "Giddyup, giddyup, giddyup, let's go..." Thanks, Patrick425. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I've gotten around five obvious scams in my email today. Some dudes in Burkina Faso would like to send me between $15 and 19 million for some reason that I didn't read completely because it's so obviously a scam.

Dish Network.

First they didn't carry all the HD Brewer games that they were suppose to. Second they are in a dispute with ABC so I don't get HD for a couple channels like ESPNews and ABC Family. Third now they are in a dispute with Fox so FSN (Including Bucks games), FX are currently unavailable, Fourth after complaining via email and the online chat I have gotten no where, they don't seem to get that I am pissed. They promised me a bunch of new channels that are still blocked. Fifth apparently the local Fox Channel will be cut off if they don't come up with a new contract by 11/1; that means no NFL on Fox. sixth, I inexplicably lost the signal to the Packer game last night at varying times in the 4th quarter despite it being perfect weather. And finally Seventh, my contract doesn't expire until February so I am basically screwed.

I really don't like to call and complain because I am sure they are getting bombarded right now and I don't want to be on hold for 30 minutes. But seriously this is ridiculous. Everytime someone wants to raise prices on Dish Network they just cut them off. I know Dish Network is pretty cheap compared to competitors so I don't care if they need to raise my bill a couple bucks. I can't imagine how many customers in WI they will lose if they cut off Packer games.

Oh and my washing machine took a dump over the weekend.

I grew up a Yankees fan, living in Jersey. I regularly post on a Yankees message board and will always stand up for the Brewers. But on bf.net, I don't feel comfortable supporting the Yankees. I'll bite my tongue because I feel like I'm being an [expletive]. This is bugging me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif
i'm definitely sorry you feel that way. i think i can speak for the vast majority of people on this site to say how nice it is to have fans of other teams on here (though we know you're a Brewers fan, too).

at some point or another, everyone here has been guilty of homerism, so i think it's nice to have people who also support other teams be on here to give us that proverbial slap to the back of the head.

i know the Yankees are the baseball equivalent of Darth Vader, but i respect anyone who grew up rooting for even a populist team like the Yankees or even Cubs.

Maybe they're trying to fool people into thinking it's football to boost the ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

I went into anaphylatic shock tonight for the second time ever. I ate the same thing for breakfast/lunch that I always do, same thing I had for dinner two days ago (with the addition of 2 cans of beer), no history of allergies. What was I doing when it was triggered? Running. On a treadmill. In my own home. Which again, I have done before at the same distance.

The first time? After running, outside that time.

First one to figure this out wins a cookie. Urgent care doctors were completely puzzled.

First one to figure this out wins a cookie. Urgent care doctors were completely puzzled.
Dang, that's frightening (not that you need someone to point that out).

Recalling that my sister experienced exercise-induced asthma when she marched in the Wisconsin Band back in the day, I googled the phrase "exercise induced anaphylactic shock" and got some results that, as a hypochondriac, I knew better than to click on. But were I in your position and talking to a physician, I'd ask if that's even possible, and what kind of physician could diagnose it. Good luck.

This is the stupidest thing I have seen in awhile. A Yankee Stadium seat converted into an office chair on sale at MLB.com for $799.

It looks ridiculous & uncomfortable, and ruins the historic value of an authentic seat from the stadium.

But it can be yours for 8 bills. . .if you're a goof.

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog902/folder762/img9525184med.jpghttp://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=134802146&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=135148856

The CST/CDT timezone initials and the seemingly careless use of them. During the summer months, if someone sends me an invitation for a party in December and they say it starts at 8:00 CDT, aren't they technically asking me to show up at 7:00 that day? I'm looking at our Brewers season ticket renewal, and the schedule has a footnote that says "All times CST" -- isn't that wrong? If I show up at 1:00 CST (GMT-6) on opening day, I would expect to be an hour early for the game since we'll be back on daylight saving time then (GMT-5). For that matter, forget situations that span the time change, it bothers me that all summer long I'll see friends, co-workers, etc specify times as CST. Isn't it pretty official that CST means GMT-6 and CDT means GMT-5? I just don't understand why they're used so willy-nilly, even in professional settings; it seems like something you'd take great care to get correct or something you'd just skirt around by using CT. Then again, I admit I could be totally wrong about this myself.

It bugs me that I don't know if I'm right, and if I am right, it bugs me that it's so often wrong.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

You're totally right, valpo, and the schedule is totally wrong. It should really be fixed for any schedules that are printed in the future. I'd e-mail someone about that.

To go along with that, it took about a year of complaining to get Yuku to stop putting "PST" in maintenance announcements that occurred during the summer months. The worst thing is that staff refused to make any clarification when people asked, "Do you actually mean PDT or do we need to think in terms of PST?" One staff member went so far as to tell us that there was such a thing as "PDST" (Pacific Daylight Standard Time). Seriously. And for several months, there was an announcement on support.yuku.com's main page pimping weekly Sunday chats at 1:00 PM EDST.

If people living in North America are confused, picture the users on other continents who had to try to figure out when maintenance was going to occur. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

da6ngit, i spilled a ti6ny 5bit of coffee o6n my key5board, a6nd 6no i ca6n't type the letters 6n or 5b without getti6ng 6num5bers i6n fro6nt of them.

i ca6n o6nly hope that o6nce the water evaporates that whatever circuits will 6no lo6nger 5be co6n6nected a6nd thi6ngs will retur6n to 6normal. otherwise, this will prove to 5be a huge pai6n i6n the rear.

Coffee's going to be worse than plain water, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope this isn't a notebook computer, but I'm going to bet that it probably is.

A cheap, but bulky, workaround would be to buy the cheapest keyboard available and type from that.

It's especially good news that the problem went away quickly. I've seen directions that say to try cleaning the keyboard with water. They tend to indicate that waiting 24 hours is part of the process. However, these directions almost always apply to desktop keyboards, which are much less expensive to replace to begin with.

I have a plastic keyboard protector for my desktop keyboard. I'm much more likely to spill something on it than on the notebook. Plus, the desktop keyboard is an older model that's out of production. They sell used on eBay at prices higher than they cost new.

I've never posted in this thread, but I"ll tell everyone whats bugging me..

This week blows. Lost a huge sale at work. Then learned that I was not getting promoted as I was hoping. I was ok with that because I am applying for law schools anyways, but then I got my first decision of my application cycle back today and it was a rejection at a school I probably should have been accepted to.

Yuck. The weekend cant come quick enough.

doubly-happy because i had absolutely no money if it even could be fixed.

so the newest two KFC commercials bug me, the one with the pretty girls raving about their new sandwich and the one where a hamburger and a chicken shouldn't have the same bun. apparently we're all supposed to be soooo excited that their bun now has a few bumps on it instead of a round top. and another time the woman exclaims "I've never seen anything like this!" really? you've never seen a chicken sandwich before?

I've never posted in this thread, but I"ll tell everyone whats bugging me..

This week blows. Lost a huge sale at work. Then learned that I was not getting promoted as I was hoping. I was ok with that because I am applying for law schools anyways, but then I got my first decision of my application cycle back today and it was a rejection at a school I probably should have been accepted to.

Yuck. The weekend cant come quick enough.

Dang, hang in there man. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm almost 26 years old and watching the Marquette basketball game. For the first time in my life, an entire college cheerleading squad looks clearly much too young for me. I'm starting to get old.
I gotcha beat. My wife and I went to Red Lobster and a 20-something couple offered us their seats while we were waiting. I'm only 43 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif You'll know you're getting old when the cheerleader's moms look better than the cheerleaders themselves.

I checked out the sports segment of two of Madison's 6:00 news broadcasts tonight. Nothing but football. No mention of the new Brewers coaches.

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but consarn it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Archived