Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny, the Burger King song gets stuck in my head and hasn't annoyed me. I sing it every morning as I get up just to annoy my wife.

I'm going to Burger King on Sunday morning. I think I'll walk in singing the song.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Alright, here's another commercial that is very irritating:

We have one of the Nickelodeon channels on at our house almost whenever the tv is on. They have a commercial in their rotation for something called Kidz Bop, which I suspect is some kind of karaoke/dance instruction DVD where your kid can sing and dance to pop songs while imitating the tv kids. During the commercial, they crank through several of the songs on the disc, and I've seen the commercial so many times, now I can't get those songs (sung by those annoyingly perky happy kids) out of my mind.

If only I could combine my other pet issue (the savagery of bull fighting) with these Kidz Bop kids. . .there would be justice. If I imagine a wild, amped up bull ripping through the Kidz Bop set and goring a few teens, would that make me a bad person?

I think the answer is no.

Alright, here's another commercial that is very irritating:

We have one of the Nickelodeon channels on at our house almost whenever the tv is on. They have a commercial in their rotation for something called Kidz Bop, which I suspect is some kind of karaoke/dance instruction DVD where your kid can sing and dance to pop songs while imitating the tv kids. During the commercial, they crank through several of the songs on the disc, and I've seen the commercial so many times, now I can't get those songs (sung by those annoyingly perky happy kids) out of my mind.

If only I could combine my other pet issue (the savagery of bull fighting) with these Kidz Bop kids. . .there would be justice. If I imagine a wild, amped up bull ripping through the Kidz Bop set and goring a few teens, would that make me a bad person?

I think the answer is no.

This is one of my favorite posts ever

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

When a Yuku board owner's community message wouldn't go through, this was posted by a staff member:

Could you please re-send the message? Make sure to use none of the following words (at least not in this particular message)

two

celebration(s)

birthday

What's the point of sending a message about birthdays if you can't say "birthday"?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

When a Yuku board owner's community message wouldn't go through, this was posted by a staff member:
Could you please re-send the message? Make sure to use none of the following words (at least not in this particular message)

two

celebration(s)

birthday

What's the point of sending a message about birthdays if you can't say "birthday"?

Ha, that's a weird collection of words that would cause problems.

I called Linksys' customer service, and their answer to my wireless router not working is to unplug the router and connect directly from the cable box to the computer. um, doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying the router in the first place?

edit: much later, i love that even though one has to pick through a lot of garbage, the interwebs has the answer to everything. thanks, random poster on tech message board! now on to dealing with a Time Warner Cable problem. as my friend says, "They're the devil."

I called Linksys' customer service, and their answer to my wireless router not working is to unplug the router and connect directly from the cable box to the computer. um, doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying the router in the first place?

edit: much later, i love that even though one has to pick through a lot of garbage, the interwebs has the answer to everything. thanks, random poster on tech message board! now on to dealing with a Time Warner Cable problem. as my friend says, "They're the devil."

Next time, ask Brewerfan.

Oh, and the reason they tell you to unplug the router is to make sure it's not a problem with your cable box/cable hookup. That it actually IS the router itself. Process of elimination.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Oh, and the reason they tell you to unplug the router is to make sure it's not a problem with your cable box/cable hookup. That it actually IS the router itself. Process of elimination.

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. It doesn't stop the situation from being annoying, though--especially if your only option is a desktop computer that isn't located near the router.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I too am annoyed by the BK breakfast jingles, mainly for lack of originality. I can't hear it without singing "Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay..."
I'm really bugged that the guy's fingers don't move during the "flute solo!" of the one version of the commercial. Overall, I don't mind the commercials, kindof like them even, but the stationary hand during the supposed solo just ruins it.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Was in a hit and run accident earlier this week. Some guy driving an SUV apparently doesn't know how to stop at a crosswalk with people walking in it and doesn't have the decency to take responsiblity. I was sandwiched between two cars and am really lucky not to have been injured. Luckily through the beauty of surveillance cameras, the girl driving the car in front of me and I were able to get a license plate number but who knows what will come of that. As if that wasn't frustrating enough, I was informed this afternoon that my car has been deemed a total loss. So now I have to buy a new car and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that at the very least, the amount I am paid for the loss of my car can cover what I have remaining on the loan. This week sucks.

You have to sign off that the amount is fair. If it had low miles, or other things making it worth more, you can fight for it. I believe there's some sort of insurance you can buy for this as well, at the time of the loan. Too late now, but if you continue to have negative equity, you can add it next time for a minimal amount. This will give you the amount you owe, not what it's worth, if you owe more.

Well, my accident is bugging me a little less now. I found out I will be getting $1500 more than what I still owe for the car so I will at least be able to pay off my car and have money left over to put towards a down payment on a new car. It's a bit of a nuisance to have go car shopping this weekend but it could have been worse.

Archived